Dual shock 4 connects by Bluetooth but button registers fail. Can't play games over Bluetooth

Hi I have a p20 and a PS4. I have tried to play games with my dual shock4 over Bluetooth and although the remote connects to the phone it does not register button presses therefor rendering it useless. I have read a bit around the net and it seems a lot of people are having this issue with no solution. Can someone tell me why this is , would it be a driver issue and from who's end. Thanks in advance.

6 replies

Hi there I was just wondering if you had a definitive answer as to why the Sony dual shock 4 doesn't work when connected to Bluetooth. I have a p20 it connect to the remote but the button presses do not register. I have tried with multiple remotes to no avail. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Tazceltic,

Welcome on the community!

I merged your topics to avoid double topics and asked our support team to assist you in this thread.
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @all
If you can pm me with the details of the Phone - build number, serial number; alongside the details of the controllers you are experiencing this issue with, we will gladly look further into this matter.

Best wishes,
Max
So I have a huawei p20 pro and I read that I can connect a ps4 dualshock via Bluetooth to my phone by pressing the ps and share buttons on the dualshock... OK after a pair with it and connect successfuly.. The dualshock does nothing I tried to reconnect but still it doesn't work... I also tried it via a USB to Go and it doesn't work also.. I have reached a few p20 pro users and they said the same... I hope huawei can see this and fix it in a patch or something. Asap..
Im glad someone else has stated this on here lol it's quite an oversight if you ask me. This feature should be the least we expect in 2019. Yes the p20 is a 2018 phone but you get my point. Phones I've had in the past 7 years have been able to do this flawlessly. I was actually going to buy an otg cable glad I didn't now.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings