Answered

EMUI 8.2: Where can I find details about the included Avast protection?

• 16 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
I used to use Kaspersky on my old phone, but since moving to the Mate 20 Lite, I've noticed that the Phone Manager app has built-in antivirus protection powered by Avast.

1. Does this include real-time protection?
  2. If not, can it be upgraded?
  3. How is it updated?
  4. Does it offer the same level of protection as the regular Avast app from the Play Store?
Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Max 21 November 2018, 15:44

Thank you Piers, that is very valid point and i will register the feedback and see what we can do into this regards.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
I phoned the official support team and spoke with a very helpful gentleman. He didn't know the answer to this question, though.

Increase documentation or a reply from a representative who does know would help. I realise the threat of malware on patched Android devices is rare, but as recently-patched CVEs have demonstrated, it's very much a possibility even with updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hy Piers

The Avast incorporated within the device offers the same base level of protection as the Avast app. It is a base antivirus with manual or scheduled scan capabilities.
As such it dose not include real-time protection and it can be upgraded periodically via system updates.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Hy Piers

The Avast incorporated within the device offers the same base level of protection as the Avast app. It is a base antivirus with manual or scheduled scan capabilities.
As such it dose not include real-time protection and it can be upgraded periodically via system updates.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max

Thank you for the reply. It would be helpful if more detailed aspects about EMUI were included in a dedicated section somewhere on Huawei's website. The value proposition of this feature increases the attractiveness of the phone in my opinion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thank you Piers, that is very valid point and i will register the feedback and see what we can do into this regards.

Best wishes,
Max