EMUI 9.0 (Android Pie)

Show first post

198 replies

And I am still waiting. P20 Pro CLT-L29.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all!

Sorry for the late reply.

Hopefully all of you have received the update you've been looking forward to and so far it meets all of your needs and expectations!
Please make sure to leave your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the software, interface and overall any aspect that you consider it will make the experience more enjoyable and smooth!

In regards to the few users that did not receive the Android 9 and EMUI 9 update yet, please be informed it might take a while to arrive due to the release of the updates in separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly.
Also, depending if your device is SIM Free (not SIM locked) or locked in a certain network (branded) plays an important role when receiving the update.

Tip: Make sure to connect your device to the computer/laptop via HiSuite to check that in regards to the latest downloadable update available.
Moreover, please check on a regular basis in regards to the update if it's available or not by going to Settings > System > Software Update.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Oh. You wrote it so nicely "it might take a while to arrive due to the release of the updates in separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly.
Also, depending if your device is SIM Free (not SIM locked) or locked in a certain network (branded) plays an important role when receiving the update." So how do You explain this? I am owner of TWO P20 Pro CLT-L29, Sim free, dual SIM and I was waiting for update till today. I am since ages with giffgaff and today I've decided to buy Pay as You go Vodafone Sim card to check, if that will help with update and it's did helped. I have inserted Voda Sim and BOOM!!! Without any Sim activation or top-up Update installed. I did it on my both devices. How is this possible? Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 3
today I've decided to buy Pay as You go Vodafone Sim card to check, if that will help with update and it's did helped. I have inserted Voda Sim and BOOM!!! Without any Sim activation or top-up Update installed. I did it on my both devices. How is this possible? Thanks in advance.

Lucky you, I'm with Vodafone and there's no sign of an update.
Try to buy and insert another one, for example O2 or Virgin. It's cost pennies and You don't have to activate or top-up. I've checked it. Let us know how it goes.

d

How can we apply to the beta?https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/fut/
if you want apply,there is all the step's!
The P20Pro is not available there. :-(
don't worry the p20 series ia gonna receive android pie in october or november,now you can't apply for the betta cos maybe they have enough people who apply for this!
Actually they only looked for about 100 users in Germany. From my point of view this is no public beta. :-(
this is the phones model who get Pie first,new update is start this months,but does'n write wich date!;)

I haven't received android 9.0 on my mate 10 pro BLA-029.
Am from Bahrain!
Any idea or does anyone know when will I receive it?
Userlevel 3
So, its now February and still no EMUI 9 update. Anyone else still waiting.

So, its now February and still no EMUI 9 update. Anyone else still waiting.

Am waiting as well
Userlevel 1
P20 lite still waiting c782
Userlevel 1
14 months too go before I sell the p20 lite with no updates last update September no GPU turbo
Userlevel 3
14 months too go before I sell the p20 lite with no updates last update September no GPU turbo
you mean 4?
Userlevel 1
No mean 14 and counting
I have recently bought my Mate Pro 10 (my first Huawei phone, unlocked but using an O2 sim) and so far I am very impressed....
But (there is always a but isn't there ?) I'm less than impressed about the apparently glacial progress on the much heralded upgrade to Android 9 and the latest version of EMUI.
I put a lot of research into which phone I should buy, I was looking for a phone with a good camera, waterproofing, decent amount of RAM, good build quality, plentiful storage and a sensible price... all boxes ticked by the Mate 10 Pro (and several others), the deciding factor was the promised upgrade... the prospect of which seems to be receding by the day.
Having had phones from other companies that failed to live up to their promise (Samsung and Sony I'm looking at you) I was rather hoping you would prove more reliable... please don't disappoint...
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hello all,

Regarding software updates: At the moment we cannot give support on software updates on the Huawei Community.

Waiting on a software update?
Please contact our support team directly. Phone the Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00, Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays). The support team will create an update request for you, if possible. Are you outside the UK? Please contact the support team in your region.

sorry for the inconvenience
hi friends
my phone model is INE-LX2 (nova 3i)
but I cant getandroid 9
please help me
😭
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @arman hoseini,

Please contact the support team for more information about the software updates for your device. Currently we are not able support on software updates queries on the community.