EMUI 9.1 update mate 20 pro

I have the Huawei mate 20 pro received the EMUI 9.1 application update a month ago and my settings software update says my software is upto date but still standing at 9.0.0.266 have spoken to huawei who have told me it will reach UK based mate 20 pro by the end of August for my region and carrier there are 4 people I know on the same carrier/same model handset received the update on the 28th June 2019 and huawei have told me they can't have as the rollout period hasn't hit the UK yet

All on network Three

Any advice/help would be appreciated

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I was able to update via the Huawei app itself and it provided me the opportunity to update for a short while, if you missed this you will have to wait the regular method, this is done in batch's of IMEI s so others on same network may well get it before you. This is controlled by your network and NOT Huawei.

Id suggest to simply be patient , although frustrating it's all you can do. If you get into mid September try raising a support ticket to see if they can resolve.
I have spoken to huawei on many occasions regarding the situation and they have assured me if it doesn't hit my handset (now here's the big one) wait for EMUI 10 to be released on the 9th August alongside android Q yet I get told the EMUI could take as long as October to reach me bit confusing don't you think. Where you say mid September they have told me the mate 20 pro 9.1 update period ends on July 31st MAJOR DATE MIX UP from all corners
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
For clarity I don't work for Huawei.

As stated in my reply Huawei pushed out the update via their Huawei app, but you had a limited time to initiate the update.

For standard over air update this is pushed to your phone by your phone provider and is NOT controlled or influenced by Huawei, and is done in batch's by your phone network.

Huawei support probably said wait for 10 as that may well be the next update their push directly with the hicare app.
After reading this thread I opened the hicare app and one update was available to 9.1 just done it see attached screenshots I am in UK on virgin mobile.

Blue fox did you get your notification today or on the 26th June
No nothing I checked the normal way for a update though settings & it said phone had the latest update. Then opened the hicare app & the update was available there. Phone is definitely quicker not that it was slow before
Well I'm baffled as to why I got the update notification on the 26th June and signed up to the update and looked into it with live chat they said it would take up to 2 hours the receive the update its now 20th July so I'm not sure what 2 hour period they are on about you get updates from any other smartphone provider its there but for me with huawei it seems to be the opposite way round heres the update but we can't be bothered to send it you you we will when we feel like it one advisor said it was the build number another one said its the IMEI another said its the carrier who makes the update for huawei and the final one said the mate 20 pro period for the update has passed so I'm considering selling the phone and going back to Samsung, feels like the worst move I've made
Here is one report from last month as you can see the date is 24th June 2019 I got the notification on the 26th June 2019 was told upto two hours for the update but now I just feel 😠😠😠😠😠

Userlevel 3
Well I'm baffled as to why I got the update notification on the 26th June and signed up to the update and looked into it with live chat they said it would take up to 2 hours the receive the update its now 20th July so I'm not sure what 2 hour period they are on about you get updates from any other smartphone provider its there but for me with huawei it seems to be the opposite way round heres the update but we can't be bothered to send it you you we will when we feel like it one advisor said it was the build number another one said its the IMEI another said its the carrier who makes the update for huawei and the final one said the mate 20 pro period for the update has passed so I'm considering selling the phone and going back to Samsung, feels like the worst move I've made
I would probably sell in your situation. If you think this is bad just wait 'til the phone gets a bit older...

Spoiler - it won't get any better.
I paid £899 and won't get anywhere near that now since the US administration ban has already knocked the handset to £499 in the UK so I guess if things don't improve its sell and lose and fork out for something else
Does anyone think resetting the handset might make it work
I'm with three as well and still waiting for the update, is unbelievable how long it can take to receive an update for a smartphone that cost 899£ to a costumer...
Midnightx86 I was with o2 when I first got the phone and was paying too much for a sim only so switched to three and the update came up with the three sim in it so we are in the same boat the flagship model and no update let's do whe everyone is saying and wait until October see if it updates lol but I agree £899 for a smartphone out tight feel like I've benefitted huawei not me lol
Shame on you Huawei!, the customer should receive the update straight away, not to wait months to get it!
I know midnightx86 I agree, I did the request on 26th June then nothing and by 01/07/2019 I contacted them on the hicare app they advised if I had nothing by the 18th July 2019 contact them which I did and then got told to wait until the end of the month (July) then I got told end of August (EMUI10 release date being 09/08/2019) then a third said wait until the end of October as no one has had the software pushed to thier phones in the uk yet now on the 20th July chillphone further up the forum said wait until mid September so yeah SHAME ON YOU HUAWEI fix the issue as you're becoming a hindrance now I will have an £899 paperweight soon
Coming from Samsung & this is my first Huawei phone,mate 20 pro & I love it but the way Huawei do updates is rubbish,still waiting for 9.1 to update after nearly 4 weeks 👎👎😴
Yes, the system update is simply rubbish.
got 9.1 update nearly 5 weeks after its release..mate 20 pro ee uk

H
emui 9.1 have problem with notifications from locked apps. So, much better to stay on 9.0. If anybody know how to downgrade = please let me know.

also emui 9.1 sometime start open only last opened application. Like - you opened google news first, opened home screen. After it when you want to open any other application - only google news opens all time! Only reboot helps.

Huawei, please fix these bugs and return us ability to view notification content for locked apps. At least add new setting for it!!!
Userlevel 1
Its not Huawei that send the updates, they're sent to the network your phone was purchased from then the network provision the device for the network so the update works then they release it to the customers also people who have moved to this network the update still comes via the network.
Android 10 and emui 10 have both been released to Huawei who have beta tester it and will be out on the p30 first then a few other models. The major update to 9 came in November/December which will probably be the same for 10. That's if they fix the issue with my update stuck on 9.1.0.311(C782E3R1P9) PATCH 01 updates every night saying it needs updating. Updates says successful but later that night... Update available. Same again.