EMUI 9.1 update now available for download in the UK

• 26 June 2019
  • 95 replies

Userlevel 1
Huawei is expanding the EMUI 9.1 update rollout for the Mate 20 series to more countries, now the update is available in the UK. The update is also rolling in Bulgaria.

Source: https://www.huaweicentral.com/emui-9-1-update-now-available-for-download-in-the-uk-and-bulgaria/

Download EMUI 9.1 update

95 replies

Have it in my hicare app but not ready 2 download yet,case of just waiting now..
Ee UK
Userlevel 4
I also have it in the HiCare app, but nothing on the settings software update. Three UK
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
I bet I won't be satisfied still.
Even the android q update I doubt will be radical enough to satisfy me.

Hoping for hongmeng soon
Userlevel 5
Mate 20 series you say? My Mate 20 lite hasn't even got the 9.0 update never mind 9.1, still stuck on December patch.
Userlevel 4
I'm downloading EMUI 9.1 on my Mate 20 Pro (Vodafone) as I type this. Checked the HiCare app and it was available for download.
Userlevel 1

Hoping for hongmeng soon

They really should change the name for it.
Is the mate 20 lite part of the mate 20 series?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hoping for hongmeng soon
They really should change the name for it.

ArkOS is the trademarked name
Userlevel 3
Anyone managed to download on Vodafone yet? Its in HiCare but when I try to update it says Your Software is up to date with 9.0.0.266
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Make sure to register the update in the HiCare app and it will show up in system settings section
Userlevel 2
9.1 is downloadable in Germany, too.
I'm still waiting to download the update to my mate 20 pro , still saying my system is up to date 😞
Userlevel 2
Remember: You first have to search via HiCare. If HiCare finds the update, it will prompt you to install it via system/software update. Without using HiCare first, you may only get the update when your service provider makes it available, which might take longer.
Userlevel 3
Remember: You first have to search via HiCare. If HiCare finds the update, it will prompt you to install it via system/software update. Without using HiCare first, you may only get the update when your service provider makes it available, which might take longer.

How do I register for it in Hi care please? When I hit update in the app it says Request update at the top and underneath it just says your system version is up to date. I'm on 3 UK and have the P20.
Userlevel 3
No worries looks like I'll get it next month fingers crossed!!
Userlevel 4
Badge
It seems this update still potentially relies on carrier cooperation. I've successfully registered for the update in HiCare but cannot see it in system updates. I'm on BT Mobile who use EE.

Yes, I applied yesterday at 7:30 am in HiCare, but still waiting, my provider is three.
Userlevel 4
May be linked to your carrier - I'm on Vodafone and my update was available instantly after requesting it via HiCare.
Do you remember if your latest firmware before update was 9.0.0.266 or 9.0.0.267?
Userlevel 2
I'm on Vodafone, too.
Userlevel 4
Do you remember if your latest firmware before update was 9.0.0.266 or 9.0.0.267?

266, though my model number is LYA-L09 (single SIM).
Thanks guys, i will wait them! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Yes, I applied yesterday at 7:30 am in HiCare, but still waiting, my provider is three.

Same here. Regularly checking. But we'll still get it anyway
Userlevel 3
I just had a web chat with support and they have requested a push update. Apparently it will take longer for Rooted devices. Im on Vodafone. They also said if I don't get it within 14 days they can arrange a service centre update.
Userlevel 4
Badge

That's also a Three branded phone you have with their customisation which means you may be waiting for them to approve the update.