Answered

EMUI 9 Default Contact Photo

I like the stock EMUI's dialer app but one thing i am uncomfortable is the default contact pictures which are depressing mountains. And what's more it shows full screen when someone calls. Is there a way to remove them? I tried downloading different dialer apps which would work and it's great but if there is already a solution for this i'd appreciate it.
icon

Best answer by dm1991 2 May 2019, 08:14

Hello,

I've asked Huawei support about that and they gave me 2 options of changing them:

1. To every contact add solid color picture
  2. Switch to another dialer.
I've chosen 2nd option and now i' am using Google Dialer patched app from xda-developers forum. Working perfect!

Regards
View original

12 replies

Default contact pictures are depressing, specially that mountains.

Please give an option to change picture of all contacts in one short or change the default image.
Hi there

It's not so much the pictures themselves that are depressing. The fact that we have default contact pictures forced on us at all without being able to easily customise them is, however.

Really not a fan of EMUI 9 in general actually.

SM
Userlevel 1
@DRSC Media It is not resolution if you have lot of contacts...

Please give an option to change picture of all contacts in one short or change the default image.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey all!

We're sorry that you found the default contact pictures "depressing"!

We'll make sure the developments team knows about this, so they can change it in upcoming updates!

Cheers,
Max

Please give an option to change picture of all contacts in one short or change the default image.Default contact pictures are depressing, specially that mountains.

Download a patched version of Google Phone from xda or find a minimalist alternative dialer app. I prefer the google app than most in the play store.

Or wait for EMUI 10.0 that includes a minimalist dialer + contacts. Finally rid those depressing mountains.
Huawei could have used colorful beaches but no, mountains for you my friend.

I change the picture of the caller, but the picture does not appear when the call comes in. How to fix this problem?
Clear cache.
Userlevel 2
I change the picture of the caller, but the picture does not appear when the call comes in. How to fix this problem?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
You can customize them, by uploading your own. 😐
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I guess you could try and find the default images somewhere in the phone and delete them, although I'm not sure users have access to that side of the device.

Easiest would be adding a picture to your contacts. You could take or download a picture of something you like or find less "depressing" (I quite like the default image...) and set it as image on each contact. Granted, if you have hundreds of them, it'll take a while to do it.
Userlevel 1
Hello,

I've asked Huawei support about that and they gave me 2 options of changing them:

I've chosen 2nd option and now i' am using Google Dialer patched app from xda-developers forum. Working perfect!

Regards
Hello,

Regards
  1. Add a solid color to each contact?
  2. I am also using google's dialer app and prefer the icon/picture it shows when someone calls. Huawei's dialer app is good too except for those default mountain pictures.

I guess you could try and find the default images somewhere in the phone and delete them, although I'm not sure users have access to that side of the device.

Easiest would be adding a picture to your contacts. You could take or download a picture of something you like or find less "depressing" (I quite like the default image...) and set it as image on each contact. Granted, if you have hundreds of them, it'll take a while to do it.

I have a lot of contacts and a lot of people have been calling me through my personal number. I can change them one by one but nobody got time for that. I like the app itself, its simple i like it that way but not the pictures.
Userlevel 1
Hello, I've asked Huawei support about that and they gave me 2 options of changing them:
I've chosen 2nd option and now i' am using Google Dialer patched app from xda-developers forum. Working perfect! Regards
  1. Add a solid color to each contact?
  2. I am also using google's dialer app and prefer the icon/picture it shows when someone calls. Huawei's dialer app is good too except for those default mountain pictures.

1. Yes
  2. I have small contact picture when someone calls. More information here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-google-phone-v14-0-175904292-bubble-t3708218 . Also You can donate developer with for example $1 to get personalized versio of Google Dialer.