Answered

Emui update Mate 20 Pro

• 30 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Fearless Explorer
  • 4 replies
Hi, I keep reading about emui update 9.0.0.173 & 9.0.0.183 with improved face unlock and a new camera macro feature, but my software is still 9.0.0.153 and my device says its up to date? Have these updates actually been released?
icon

Best answer by Jase 30 January 2019, 11:46

Hi Fezza,
Not here yet unfortunately, hopefully really soon though.

Regards Jase

Edit, depending where you are in the world, it's being rolled out in some regions just not UK yet as far as I know as no one has reported receiving it here just yet.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi Fezza,
Not here yet unfortunately, hopefully really soon though.

Regards Jase

Edit, depending where you are in the world, it's being rolled out in some regions just not UK yet as far as I know as no one has reported receiving it here just yet.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I'll second what @Jase says above.

The update is also rumoured to fix the glitch using gestures with Nova launcher, which will be great!
Userlevel 2
I also tried installing the update, but the BETA app says that there are no projects to join (for me)...

Using a Mate 20 Pro. Any suggestions?
On EMUI 9.0 on Mate 20 pro Three UK network. I contacted Three UK and was informed that they submitted back to Huawei last month, and that it's up to Huawei to send the OTA. Well, Huawei released EMUI 9.1 on 26/06/19 and still nothing. What a disappointment!

The security patches from Google they promised would be forthcoming every month are yet to materialize. Last security path on my Mate 20 Pro is for 05/05/2019!! And we are in July! With what Huawei is being accused of and their denial, why would I believe Huawei if all they've promised their loyal customers is just hot air?

The HiCare app should be renamed to iDontCare! No help there at all. Update shows, but on phone settings you get informed that you are running the latest version!! What a joke of a company!!!

Even with the latest news that EMUI 10 will be released in August, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. More hot air from Huawei.

Off to iphone; atleast they release updates and you get them instantly - not carrier dependent.