Best answer by Amy
Here is a short list of solutions you can try in order for the fingerprint sensor to work properly:
- The fingerprint sensor might not work when you touch the sensor while charging your phone with a third-party charger. Use the charger that came with your phone to ensure that the sensor works properly while your phone is charging.
- Keep your fingers clean to ensure that the fingerprint sensor can recognize your fingerprint. It won't work if there is dirt or grease on the fingerprint sensor.
- Apply more pressure during cold weather. If the fingerprint sensor still fails to recognize your fingerprint, try blowing onto your fingers, or washing your hands and then wiping them dry.
- Try using another finger and prevent your skin from becoming too dry, as this may affect recognition accuracy. Make sure you don't place your fingernail on the fingerprint sensor, instead of your finger.
- Remove, then re-add your fingerprint, ensuring that you record different parts of your finger to improve recognition accuracy. Ensure that your finger covers as much of the fingerprint sensor as possible.
Go to Settings > System update > Check for updates. See if there is an update available for your phone. If updates are available, install them. If you can still not add a fingerprint after installing updates, back up your data, restore factory settings and try again.
If the fingerprint sensor was subjected to excessive force or struck by a sharp object, it may be damaged. Also, static electricity can cause the fingerprint recognition software to malfunction. If adding a fingerprint repeatedly fails, restart your phone and try again. If it is still not working or if there is still no fingerprint ID option in the settings menu, back up your data and contact us for assistance.
Still having fingerprint issues? Please leave a comment so we can help!