Question

Gallery Crashing since EMUI 9.0

• 2 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Since EMUI updated to 9.0, Gallery crashes. When opened it is available for a second or so and then disappears. Is there a fix?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @DerekG,

Thank you for bringing this up! Regarding this inquiry, can you please try to clear the cache of the Gallery app?

You can do that from Settings > Apps & notifications > Gallery > Storage > Clear cache.

I trust this information will be of use in your case. Nevertheless, if you have any other questions or issues, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Max
I have been in contact with Huawei via the online chat and have tried the following:

Clearing the cache of the gallery app as you suggested above.
Clearing the partition cache as was suggested by the online chat help.

Neither worked.

I have now tried the next suggestion of the online chat which is to perform a backup, factory reset and restore of the phone. Needless to say this has taken some time and I still haven't got all apps working as they were before. However, more importantly, the gallery app is behaving exactly as it was before and displays thumbnails for about a second and then disappears. What do I try next?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I have been in contact with Huawei via the online chat and have tried the following:

Clearing the cache of the gallery app as you suggested above.
Clearing the partition cache as was suggested by the online chat help.

Neither worked.

I have now tried the next suggestion of the online chat which is to perform a backup, factory reset and restore of the phone. Needless to say this has taken some time and I still haven't got all apps working as they were before. However, more importantly, the gallery app is behaving exactly as it was before and displays thumbnails for about a second and then disappears. What do I try next?

Hi @DerekG

Just a thought. Are you using a third-party launcher (such as Nova)? Many of them don't play nice with EMUI 9.
I don't think so. I don't know what Nova is. I have simply updated the phone from new as updates arise. As far as I know it's a straight installation of EMUI 9 running various apps that I have installed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
HI @DerekG,

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting steps provided didn't help.

Would you be able to PM me with the Serial Number of your device so I can look further into this please?

Thank you!
Max
Dear Max,

For some unexplained reason Gallery has started working! I haven't installed anything or uninstalled anything. I haven't restarted my phone either. I checked this morning and it worked. It's a mystery.

Thanks for all your help.

Derek Green
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @DerekG,

That's good news regardless!

Very happy to hear that a quick restart of the phone fixed the issue! 😉

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max