Answered

Google Play Store disappeared! No Apps downloading

• 31 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello! I have a Huawei P20 Pro and until now, was incredibly happy with my phone. About a month ago, I turned on my phone and simply could not find the Google Play Store app on the Home Screen or in my App Drawer. I have tried to install it, but a message comes up saying the app is already installed or that my device is not compatible. I bought it 6 month ago, it worked all this time and now I cannot have any of the apps from Google Play Store (if I install them from Google Play website they do not appear anywhere on my phone), or use any of the Apps that require an update... Please help! 😞
icon

Best answer by Jase 1 February 2019, 00:43

Your welcome 👍,
Heres link to apk mirror where you can download the play store app (you need to enable installation of third party apps in setting to do this) barring resetting your phone or if someone else has got another idea this may be the only option.
it's definitely a weird one what's happened to your phone 🤔

Regards Jase

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Ps resetting your phone while a complete pain in the butt is perhaps the safer option, although apk mirror is generally safe there's no guarantee and you'd be downloading it at your own risk.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi Anya,
Is the app still showing up in the settings menu?
Go into,
Settings,
Apps,
Apps,
Scroll down and see if the Google play store app is there in the list.
If it is click on it,( it should be)
At the top right of the screen click on the menu and select uninstall updates.
This should put it back to the last version of the app and then it should update itself again but hopefully fix everything as well.

Regards Jase
Hey Jase! Thank you so much for your reply :)
Unfortunately I tried that... That's what driving me insane, it does not appear on the App list 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Your welcome 👍,
Heres link to apk mirror where you can download the play store app (you need to enable installation of third party apps in setting to do this) barring resetting your phone or if someone else has got another idea this may be the only option.
it's definitely a weird one what's happened to your phone 🤔

Regards Jase

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/

Ps resetting your phone while a complete pain in the butt is perhaps the safer option, although apk mirror is generally safe there's no guarantee and you'd be downloading it at your own risk.
Hi Jase!
Thanks again!
That apkmirror website is great! I found an older version of the Google Play Store app and by some miracle, I was able to install it!
Still do not know what went wrong or what I did to fix it, but the link helped and it's working!
So will be crossing fingers for it to last and thanks again!!

Have a lovely day!

Anna.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi Jase!
Thanks again!
That apkmirror website is great! I found an older version of the Google Play Store app and by some miracle, I was able to install it!
Still do not know what went wrong or what I did to fix it, but the link helped and it's working!
So will be crossing fingers for it to last and thanks again!!

Have a lovely day!

Anna.

Your welcome Anna, I'm glad it's working again for you.

Regards Jase
Hi everybody. Do you know which Play Store has released the latest version? I want to update Play Store. My huawei version is too old. Please help me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @silimkumar,

I've moved your topic to this existing thread. Hopefully you'll get the answer to your question here!

Cheers,

Amy