Answered

Having an issue some earbud sets work on my phone and some don't

• 10 June 2019
  • 4 replies

Basically I have my headphones in now, the icon not displaying but I've been using these for 3 months no issue till today i can hear music for a second then it plays through the speaker instead. Plug in another set (both samsung earbuds but different models) works fine. Tried both sets on pc both sets are fine. I must have changed a setting in my phone to reject some headsets or something, any ideas?

icon

Best answer by JackJ 15 June 2019, 17:31

Hi there!

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Jack
View original

4 replies

My phone is under warranty with Tesco Mobile, but it works fine with the headphone splitter cable so I'll manage with that
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi there!

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Jack
I've already tried that but no difference, however if i plug the ear buds in half way they work but when fully connected they don't. I also have found out which confuses me more I have a earphone splitter cable that allows you to listen with 2 sets of earphones at once the jack is the same as standard ear buds and i can use the ear buds that are giving me issues fully plugged in and no longer an issue but I've used these ear buds for 2 months and they just started not playing when fully inserted
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Razordogz,

Sorry to hear about the situation with your device!

I would recommend to perform a wipe cache partition of your device in regards to this.

Wipe cache partition from the Recovery menu by following the steps below:
1. Turn the device off completely.
2. Press and hold the volume up + power key at the same time, until you get into the recovery menu.
3. Select "Wipe cache partition" (navigate by using the volume keys and power button to select).
4. Confirm the action by selecting "Wipe cache partition" again.
5. At the end of this process, the recovery menu appears for the second time - select "Reboot system now".
Note: Please make sure to select Wipe cache partition, and not Wipe data/factory reset - the latter will erase all data on the internal storage of the device.

This will not delete your personal data.

Best wishes,
Max