Answered

HiSuite Backup "Please download and install the latest Huawei Backup application from Google play before using this feature"

• 25 August 2019
  • 10 replies

When trying to backup my Mate 9 (not pro) to my laptop, it always prompts me with this message even though I have the Huawei backup app updated. I tried reinstalling the backup app multiple times and restarting my phone to no avail, and I've made sure I have all the permissions necessary for HiSuite to work. I gave it permission in my advanced settings under security, and I also allowed access to it to my computer and let my computer access my phone. My HiSuite app is the latest version and I also gave the app admin permission when installing on my laptop.

All other portions of HiSuite work fine, I can access files on my phone and I can download my photos, contacts, etc. Just the backup part that gives me this issue. I suspect it may not be working because I'm still on Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0 (I haven't updated this phone in years haha) and I'm currently in the process of updating in the hopes that it'll fix the issue

Just trying to backup my stuff cuz I want to upgrade soon.
If anyone knows how to fix this issue that would be awesome.
icon

Best answer by UoF 25 August 2019, 23:47

Hello,

I had similar problem - I just wanted to restore backup for my Honor 9 and the pesky "Please download and install the latest Huawei Backup ..." was blocking me too.

Here is what I did:

I uninstalled HiSuite 9.1 (my latest) from my PC and went to install older version HiSuite 9.0.3.300 (this actually was the version in which my backup was made.) and started it.

When HiSuite wanted to self update, I didn't allow it.

Then I proceeded normally and it let me to restore. Hooray!

TL;DR : Install older version of HiSuite (9.0.3.300), don't let it to self update. Proceed.

Hope this helps to anybody.

UoF
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a P20 and i need to restore my last backup, but I get the same error from Hisuite 😞
Quick update; I have since updated to EMUI 8.0, and attempted to reinstall the Huawei Backup app. After uninstalling, installing it again took forever, and backing up via Hisuite has been unsuccessful, giving me the same error message.
Hello,

I had similar problem - I just wanted to restore backup for my Honor 9 and the pesky "Please download and install the latest Huawei Backup ..." was blocking me too.

Here is what I did:

I uninstalled HiSuite 9.1 (my latest) from my PC and went to install older version HiSuite 9.0.3.300 (this actually was the version in which my backup was made.) and started it.

TL;DR : Install older version of HiSuite (9.0.3.300), don't let it to self update. Proceed.

UoF
Thank you so much, I have been having such a headache constantly updating EMUI and testing whether it would work only to get repeatedly letdown.You're a life saver dude!
Userlevel 1
Hello,

Here is what I did:

UoF

I finally had to do the same 😞
Hello,

Here is what I did:

UoF

Thank you for sharing your solution, it did work for me!
It is not a solution but just a workaround :-(

René
It is not a solution but just a workaround :-(

René

To me, if it fixed the problem it is a solution, may be not the best solution, but a solution it is
Well, I have som troble with Windows 10, so I got back to Win XP today - it works 😊
Installing this Backup app works with the latest version of Hisuite

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei-internet-services/huawei-backup/huawei-backup-9-1-1-308-release/huawei-backup-9-1-1-308-android-apk-download/download/