Answered

How can I unlock bootloader

• 26 August 2018
  • 78 replies

Show first post

78 replies

Hi Amy and everybody ,my english not good and I new there ,I need code for unlock bootloader of NOVA 4
,DC UNLOCKER not support now, I unlock and use custom rom for my gr5 2017 ,honor 7x ,it faster and no bloat ware ,I not clear for get this code or not ,(I am a programmer for many language and engineer, I can unbrick for gr 5 2017 hardbricked ,which Huawei service in Thailand said it cannot do and much change mainboard only ( you may think I am boast ,I just want to show that Huawei think about giving this code
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Amy and everybody ,my english not good and I new there ,I need code for unlock bootloader of NOVA 4
,DC UNLOCKER not support now, I unlock and use custom rom for my gr5 2017 ,honor 7x ,it faster and no bloat ware ,I not clear for get this code or not ,(I am a programmer for many language and engineer, I can unbrick for gr 5 2017 hardbricked ,which Huawei service in Thailand said it cannot do and much change mainboard only ( you may think I am boast ,I just want to show that Huawei think about giving this code

Hi @huawei_fam, Welcome on the Huawei Community. :)

The unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018. Please read Max his reply in this thread for more information.
I'm not very happy right now. I personally payed around €230 for my phone, processor, ram, software, screen, android (EMUI) and if I want to be able to flash or root my phone I should be able to. This is a very bad move made by you and I really don't appreciate it. I don't give a damn about you thinking it's not very safe to do because it's my responsibility, if I want to take the risk of bricking my phone or even worse destroy it, I should be able to and I shouldn't be blocked by your your "precaution". If I'm not satisfied by your job at making a rom for my phone I should AT LEAST have the chance to help myself out. I can't describe how dissapointed I am in this decision and this absolutely will influence my decision when buying my next phone and I think that applies to big portion of your customers. I suggest you to do something about this poor move in an attempt to satisfy your customers (which should be a prioroty) and hope things will turn around.
So has anyone tried this?

https://global-unlocking-solutions.miiduu.com/bootloader-unlock-codes-choose-model-below

Does it work?
This is so wonderful marketing move by Huawei. I was just about to switch from my Samsung S7 Edge to Huawei P10 and buy a nice Huawei Watch 2 with LTE. Now, thank you very much, Huawei successfully kept me with Samsung and it's products. I will be buying Galaxy watch instead.

Chinese company should remember it is not in China. We pay money, we own the product. You cannot dictate us what we can do with hardware and what we can't, it ain't yours anymore, it's ours. If you think otherwise, best of luck selling it somewhere else.

Bye bye Huawei products, too bad, I just started to like them. Not anymore. Congratulations to wonderful marketing team idea of how to push customers Samsung's way.
Hello!
My name is Paul and I need a bootloader unlock code because my phone is not working pretty well with Emui 8 and it is using a lot of battery... I need to get one to downgrade it to Emui 5. So can I please get one?
I've got another problem. I actually wasn't ever able to unlock my Huawei P9's bootloader. When I'had tried back in 2017, annoyed of poor updates, I had tried to obtain a code via the official website using a working Huawei account linked to the phone and HiCare - actually it was created via HiCare. Regardless quoting all the information I was asked for I couldn't complete the request - and like I said that was back in 2017.

After some good updates I'm stuck at EMUI_5.0.3 resulting in issues like flickering navigation bar - it's not a faulty screen as the flickering moves with the navigation bar when turning the phone - and the device turning off when taking a photo even with full battery. Turning it back on it displays 3% or even less charge. This doesn't only happen at 100% but varies and occured on levels of 20, 40, 50, 60 and 80%.

Since I wasn't able to obtain the code before I'ld like to request one now 'cause the missing security updates and version upgrades, make this phone far less secure than an open bootloader.

"Announcement

to provide better user experience and avoid issues caused by ROM flashing, the unlock code
application service will be stopped for all products launched after 2018-5-24. For products
released prior to this date, the service will be stopped 60 days after this announcement.
Thank you for your understanding. We will continue to provide with quality services.
2018-5-24
Huawei Device Co., Ltd"

How does this decision supports providing a better user experience if it's the users will to use a device they may have spent a fortune for. It's unlocking the bootloader that gives users and devs the option to create a better user experience. Moreover it even takes away a built-in feature that was paid for.
Custom firmware can cause issues for the regular user but it isn't the regular user that uses ROMs. It's a user that researched about the processes necessary to unlock a bootloader, flash another system and are aware of potential loss of warenty and the POTENTIAL risk of a 3rd party system, considering that groups/projects like Lineage unite the intelligence of mostly professionals, which minimises the risk to human error or a faulty device - just to mention that the only problems I have ever had with a smartphone, are those mentioned earlier as well as an official software update that bricked that particular stock Huawei P9, which could only be fixed by a board swap in a service centre.

Not to keep adding and due to the lack of time I've got right now I just give a little thought.
Those measures quoted in your official announcement - which I btw. have never read before I tried to unlock my phone again - can't be justified reasonably if other companies sell their phones with either unlocked bootloader or providing the option to unlock it easily as it should be.
I don't think that communication agencies like FCC or Bundesagentur would agree with your decision either.

Cheers

PS: Here you've got something to read at XDA Developers.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Hypersonic,

As @Max response highlights, unfortunately, "due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code." This is perhaps not the response you might have wanted, however, I wanted to confirm the present situation.
EDIT:
...I don't think that communication agencies like FCC or Bundesnetzagentur would agree with your decision either.

Cheers

PS: Following the link to XDA Developers you'll find a comment on that matter by Mishaal Rahman, Editor-in-chief on the XDA-Developers Portal.
Hi @Hypersonic,

As @Max response highlights, unfortunately, "due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code." This is perhaps not the response you might have wanted, however, I wanted to confirm the present situation.

I understand you and I'm well aware of the current situation, that's why I simply added my comment including the fact that Huawei didn't just take that "right" from everyone but also I've never been able to actually obtain my unlock code from that website as it simply said it wouldn't be available for me and that was back in 2016 or 2017.

--

There was a class-action lawsuit against Sony for removing the ability to install an alternative Linux distribution on their Playstation 3. Following you'll find the PLAINTIFFS’ NOTICE OF MOTION AND MOTION FOR PRELIMINARY APPROVAL OF CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT AND CERTIFICATION OF SETTLEMENT CLASS; MEMORANDUM OF POINTS & AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT THEREOF provided by as well as an article by David Kravets on arstechnica.com
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Hypersonic ,

No worries, I just wanted to be clear. Sorry for any confusion. And thanks for sharing the information. I'll pass this on to the folks who can best respond to this.

Have a good weekend.
Hi @Hypersonic,

Hi @Danjl,

I just wanted to say Hi, what I've forgot in previous reply and comment on that particular part "due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code." which is just like I've said not reasonable as it's not a risk to take by Huawei Device Co., Ltd but each and everyone using the system implemented function and the fact that other companies offer the option to unlock the bootloader as well or having it unlocked by default, and in that point I agree, those issues, even if not more likely than with any stock update if chosen to go with a widespread and tested ROM, should be mentioned when unlocking the bootloader and the information that the device's warranty might be void - might, just because I'm not so sure if that's the case.

I can only speak of the P9 but from readings I've got the impression that it's not just me who likes the devices themselves but the GUI and delayed updates not so much. There are many people who bought their's knowing that they would switch over to alternative ROMs as soon as the update cycle ends or right away. Those are the people, knowing what they are doing and might risk, Huawei ripped off.
I wish You a great weekend too. 🙂
Google has officially announced that it has suspended huawei from using the android open source ,so there is no possibility for huawei devices receiving latest android updates
But there are custom roms available for those devices and to install that we need to unlock the bootloader of the device but huawei has terminated the support for send those codes which is required to unlock the bootloader and the alternatives available ask money for doing it so why not start to send the bootloader unlock codes to the users again?
we have pay for the phone and then pay more for getting the phone unlocked to a third party?
Userlevel 4
Google has officially announced that it has suspended huawei from using the android open source ,so there is no possibility for huawei devices receiving latest android updates
But there are custom roms available for those devices and to install that we need to unlock the bootloader of the device but huawei has terminated the support for send those codes which is required to unlock the bootloader and the alternatives available ask money for doing it so why not start to send the bootloader unlock codes to the users again?
we have pay for the phone and then pay more for getting the phone unlocked to a third party?

I fully agree here.

Also I think all arguments speaking for a locked-bootloader are wrong and Huawei should instead listen to their customers as it is their own responsibility if they brick their devices.
Userlevel 3
I think we need to complain to Huawei to get them to start giving out the bootloader codes now with all the Google stuff going on, if I can't get one this will be my first and last phone from this company.
Maybe the decision to stop unlocking service was right, in 2018. Maybe. But now, after G00gle's moves, it appears to be not THAT right.

In 2019's reality, the people need a choice: to stay on last official ROM, or to try enthusiast ROM (and accept all the risks to brick the device or else.) Of course, bricked devices should not be fixed for free.

If the user willingly agrees to take risk, he should be allowed to do that.
Userlevel 3
It's absolutely vital that Huawei offers the unlocking service again, given the current situation.

Even if it ultimately gets resolved, before it does, people will dump their devices and the market will be flooded, which would be extremely bad for Huawei.

They have to be proactive and positive about this. The US' strong arming is clearly very wrong, but Huawei have to act to protect their customers, and part of that is allowing bootloaders to be unlocked again.
Userlevel 3
Saw something today saying that hundreds off people have been selling there Huawei phones this morning to musicmagpie due to the Google problem, went on myself and only getting offered £100 for a great condition p20 pro, Huawei get your arses in gear and start giving us the codes, we've paid you for your product now you need to sort the problem.
Userlevel 5
Badge
The trade in for Huawei phones has always been bad, but getting worse now.

I've got the unlock codes for mine so may see if can unlock still and use a different rom, seeing the trade-in value is not that good.
Userlevel 1
Huawei please consider reopening the bootloader unlock service. It should be the users decision if they wish to install a custom Rom, not yours.
Userlevel 3
nt/
Ok, now is a good time to reward the community - the people that bet on huawei, and start allowing advanced users to unlock their smartphones.
I'm very sorry about the effects of this trade war - which I suspect is going to end soon... but emui is really not what I expected.
Userlevel 1
Come on Huawei,

I've been a long time user, and respect the company and love your products - mobiles, laptops, as well as network equipment which is second to none and at prices that honestly cannot be beaten.

However, one major pain-point - especially given what the idiot in the White House #Trump has now started with his war on Huawei (and the rest of the world to be honest), is the uncertainty that surrounds Huawei products, specifically smart phones - which I hasten to add are among the best in the industry and wipe the floor with Apple and Samsung.

The only - and I mean only - problem is that the boot-loader cannot be unlocked. I have no issue with EMUI per-say - I don't like it's aggressive (overly aggressive even) memory management that can lead to some apps being killed silently in the background thereby not allowing them to receive notifications - but that can be remedied quite easily with settings.

But, personally, I prefer using the AOSP binaries - the clean Android - not the "Google clean Android" - the truly clean Android - such as that offered by the Open Source Project - Lineage OS.

Honestly, I don't need the Google products - and frankly speaking Google can curl up and fall over - it's an arm of the US government and has inferior products to many - if not all - of it's competitors. Sure it has great ideas and is able to champion projects like Android and Chromium, but it doesn't own them - it merely adds it's own Google spyware into them and then touts them as wonderful.

Huawei, in all seriousness - let us - your loyal users - unlock our boot-loaders - make us sign a document that absolves you of any negative impact of such an activity; and let us rid ourselves of Google on our Smartphones.

This is going to happen ultimately in any case - since now Google is playing games and pandering to it's masters in the White House, you can be better - make your devices truly Open Source - you already have great hardware - let us - the techies - evangelize for your cause - and create tutorials for users to run a clean non-Google ROM on their devices - using a skin that is truly clean and without Google-isms.

I know you can do this, and as others have said - there is a massive sell-off of Huawei devices - but that's not unexpected given the propaganda campaign unleashed - WITHOUT A SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE - by the maniacs that run the American Empire. They have declared war - and you Huawei are able to decimate them and champion the truly Open Source arena - an arena that the American Administration are impotent in and cannot do anything within.

Let us unlock the boot loaders of our devices - let us install AOSP without any additional skin and let us turn Huawei devices - that have the unbeatable Kirin SOC's into devices that are loved by the tech community, we as developers and engineers can help you to iron out kinks in AOSP, we can help you mobilize developers and build up alternatives to the Google monopoly.

Lets come together, and work together against the madness emanating from Washington.

Let us unlock the boot-loader, I get that it's a difficult call - and many from those who want to unlock their boot-loaders would be happy to sign a disclaimer absolving you of any responsibility should we brick our phones, we understand that it would void the warranty. But let us do this.

We can then work as a collective - your hardware expertise and the open source communities software expertise and we can stick a big finger up to Google, the US Administration, and even ARM (RISC V is a truly open source hardware SOC platform - one that the US admin cannot frighten, unlike ARM which seemingly cowers at the impotent glares of the pathological psychopath in the White House and his storm-troopers).

Please Huawei - let us unlock the bootloader - mark my words - the change that it will bring will be profound. We can together #Fsck the American Administration and kick the nutter #Trump in his proverbial nether-regions.

Peace and remember #WeStandWithHuawei #VivaLaResistance

Userlevel 1

Actually, Google is unable to suspend anyone from using Open Source - rather Google has said it will no longer work with Huawei to provide access to it's (as in Google's) features - which are far from Open Source.

Lineage OS is a truly Open Source Android Platform ROM, that doesn't come with any of the Google Bloat - and it would be reasonably straightforward for a group of developers - and I'm happy to help with this task - to make a ROM available for the more current Kirin SoC devices from Huawei - both the high-end as well as the mid-to-low end devices from Honor (a Huawei brand).

Remember, all google does is put it's own "sugar" on Android and sell that as "Stock Android" labeled as "Pixel Android" or "Android One" or "Android Go" - but it's in reality Google's take on Android - and truly stock is non-Googled - though in all fairness Google (and Microsoft, and any other competant developer - including myself and many others) contribute back into the Android Open Source Project.

As a result - I agree totally with you @dedmeat here that Huawei should immediately allow users to unlock their bootloader and thereby open the door for us to de-Google ourselves and actually use a truly Open Source Mobile Operating system that isn't tracking every single breath you take - unless you actually want that.

Peace and #WeStandWithHuawei