Answered

How can I unlock bootloader

• 26 August 2018
  • 79 replies

I need unlock my bootloader please help me
icon

Best answer by Max 27 August 2018, 16:15

Hi Sohilkhan!

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights.

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Max
View original

79 replies

Userlevel 1
Dear Huawei Team,

to give the well minded people the:
  • flexibility to react on the actual situation with Google
  • possibility to continue to use our old phones with a custom rom in a maybe more secure way then just to throw it away and switching to Nokia or even Google
  • power to avoid wasting resources of our environment (for the good of our children)
  • ability not to support illegal hackers that sell codes (maybe working ones) for 30$+
I REALLY REQUEST from Germany to give us the possibility to unlock the bootloader with giving us the required unlock code for our phones.

Please accept that we are doing things on our own risk, even when we paid a lot of money in the past for your hardware that we are loving and that we want to continue to use.

Please support us; support your community!

Best regards
Matthias
Userlevel 3

Google has officially announced that it has suspended huawei from using the android open source ,so there is no possibility for huawei devices receiving latest android updates
But there are custom roms available for those devices and to install that we need to unlock the bootloader of the device but huawei has terminated the support for send those codes which is required to unlock the bootloader and the alternatives available ask money for doing it so why not start to send the bootloader unlock codes to the users again?
we have pay for the phone and then pay more for getting the phone unlocked to a third party?
Actually, Google is unable to suspend anyone from using Open Source - rather Google has said it will no longer work with Huawei to provide access to it's (as in Google's) features - which are far from Open Source.

Lineage OS is a truly Open Source Android Platform ROM, that doesn't come with any of the Google Bloat - and it would be reasonably straightforward for a group of developers - and I'm happy to help with this task - to make a ROM available for the more current Kirin SoC devices from Huawei - both the high-end as well as the mid-to-low end devices from Honor (a Huawei brand).

Remember, all google does is put it's own "sugar" on Android and sell that as "Stock Android" labeled as "Pixel Android" or "Android One" or "Android Go" - but it's in reality Google's take on Android - and truly stock is non-Googled - though in all fairness Google (and Microsoft, and any other competant developer - including myself and many others) contribute back into the Android Open Source Project.

As a result - I agree totally with you @dedmeat here that Huawei should immediately allow users to unlock their bootloader and thereby open the door for us to de-Google ourselves and actually use a truly Open Source Mobile Operating system that isn't tracking every single breath you take - unless you actually want that.

Peace and #WeStandWithHuawei

There already are Lineage and various other AOSP based ROMs available for recent Huaweis. But you need an unlocked bootloader to run them. So either your device shipped with EMUI < 9 or 9.1, or you were one of the lucky few to get a code before they closed it down last summer, on a 9 device (I got one for my P20 Pro).

Let's be real, Huawei are against open standards .. they don't even release correct kernel sources for their Android phones, which violates the GPL, and is in fact one of the major concerns with regard to security. Whilst various culprits have failed to provide kernel sources either at all or in a timely fashion, few to my knowledge have actually released kernel sources which the devices don't use (Huawei have).

But given the situation, you'd think they'd be very keen to at least offer bootloader unlocks, to stem the tide of their devices flooding the market at fire sale prices.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Huawei should give users the option whether or not they want to unlock the bootloader. I no longer root my phones as I want my financial apps to be secure but the Android enthusiast should have the option. Only those who know the risks will request to unlock their bootloader. Custom ROMs continue to breathe life into handsets no longer supported by their manufacturers.
Userlevel 4
Google has officially announced that it has suspended huawei from using the android open source ,so there is no possibility for huawei devices receiving latest android updates
But there are custom roms available for those devices and to install that we need to unlock the bootloader of the device but huawei has terminated the support for send those codes which is required to unlock the bootloader and the alternatives available ask money for doing it so why not start to send the bootloader unlock codes to the users again?
we have pay for the phone and then pay more for getting the phone unlocked to a third party?

I fully agree here.

Also I think all arguments speaking for a locked-bootloader are wrong and Huawei should instead listen to their customers as it is their own responsibility if they brick their devices.
Matthias put it perfectly right:

Dear Huawei Team,

to give the well minded people the:
  • flexibility to react on the actual situation with Google
  • possibility to continue to use our old phones with a custom rom in a maybe more secure way then just to throw it away and switching to Nokia or even Google
  • power to avoid wasting resources of our environment (for the good of our children)
  • ability not to support illegal hackers that sell codes (maybe working ones) for 30$+
I REALLY REQUEST to give us the possibility to unlock the bootloader with giving us the required unlock code for our phones.

Please accept that we are doing things on our own risk, even when we paid a lot of money in the past for your hardware that we are loving and that we want to continue to use.

Please support us; support your community!

Best regards
Matthias
Userlevel 3
I think we need to complain to Huawei to get them to start giving out the bootloader codes now with all the Google stuff going on, if I can't get one this will be my first and last phone from this company.
Userlevel 1
I mean, at the end of the day maybe the FBI and Trump is right. It might be that they have hidden something in the mobile devices that supports China in a Cyberwar and thereof rooting might bring something up that is bad for Huawei or China..
Userlevel 3
I need unlock my bootloader please help meHi Sohilkhan!

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights.

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Max

Dear Max,
In my opinion I'm doing far better job updating and maintaining the software of my device. I got the hardware from you, I've paid for it promptly, could I please be allowed to do with it what I want and unlock my bootloader so I can run a better version of android that you've chosen for me? I'm loving the phone but absolutely hate EMUI this thing is horrid ugly and isn't being updated sufficiently. I've switched from 1+ which was amazing every single time I'm regretting having the phone that is still stuck on android 8 and if I won't be able to get rid of EMUI I'm definitely getting rid of the device.
I just wonder why the code providing service for the bootloader closed and yeah i have read many conversations wich have gotten answers to but it just feels annoying because ive researched for many days how to root an huawei and have finally found the "unlock the bootloader solution" and found out the service was shut down. I mean why not keep the service going unlocking the bootloader is on own risk and i would like to reach full potential of my device.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@DRSC Media @Plymalan @Mikich_Blaz @Tboy2000 @TechZilla

i totally back this post this should be your first prioriy right now @Huawei Mobile UK

listen to your long time customers!!! i've recieved 0 support from huawei in this matter.

wondered for a few minutes why I got tagged here, even if I've never replied to this thread.

I'm not related and/or work with Huawei, thus have no voice in this matter. You should tag actual Huawei employees such as @Huawei Mobile UK , or support such as @Max , @BarneyT or moderators (they don't work for Huawei directly, nota bene) such as @Danjl .
Totally agree with you
Maybe the decision to stop unlocking service was right, in 2018. Maybe. But now, after G00gle's moves, it appears to be not THAT right.

In 2019's reality, the people need a choice: to stay on last official ROM, or to try enthusiast ROM (and accept all the risks to brick the device or else.) Of course, bricked devices should not be fixed for free.

If the user willingly agrees to take risk, he should be allowed to do that.
They simply take us for stupid and reply pre-made answer like those:

"In order to achieve a better user experience"
Tell me what make not unlocking my bootloader a better user experience!!??

"The unlock code provided by other ways (unauthorized by Huawei) is not recommended for consumers, and please take caution because it might be malicious or fraud."
What other choice we have, you keep us in cage with that password and tell us to use those service because that can be malicious or fraud, wow thank you for nothing

"unlock codes, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumer's rights"
Extra service because, YOU (Huawei), decided to add a password to the bootloader that is not part of the original android bootloaderNot belong to cosumer's rights, what the f**k, if I want to unlock my bootloader or throw my phone in the wall it's my decision. If I buy a PC, I can install any OS I want. I pay for your product, so why do you think you got the rights to tell me what I can or can't do with my phone

"hence due to possible problems caused by such unlocking, including:
• System built-in function failure.
• Device freezing.
• Increased power consumption."
Ok and whats about those same problem caused by using your EMUI OS...

"For your benefit, the unlock code application service was terminated"
For your benefit... Lol big joke, I prefer not to comment that one :)

"You need to keep in mind that unlocking the Bootloader will void the warranty and Huawei can no longer guarantee the performance of your phone and the consequences it might bring."
And I totally agree with you, unlocking bootloader will void my warranty... but I can't really void my warranty by unlocking the bootloader, YOU ADD A PASSWORD TO IT AND REFUSE TO GIVE THAT PASSWORD

And some more pre-made message like that, that, most of the time, has simply no sense

Really I love that phone, p20 pro, but so far it's my worse android experience ever.
Userlevel 3
It's absolutely vital that Huawei offers the unlocking service again, given the current situation.

Even if it ultimately gets resolved, before it does, people will dump their devices and the market will be flooded, which would be extremely bad for Huawei.

They have to be proactive and positive about this. The US' strong arming is clearly very wrong, but Huawei have to act to protect their customers, and part of that is allowing bootloaders to be unlocked again.
Userlevel 1
HUAWEI WHAT ARE YOU DOING! i bought my P20 pro last week and am now stuck with an unlockable phone THIS IS ABSOLUTELY a Killer for Huawei after the whole huawei boycot the least you could do was give out Codes again but u didn`t i really like the device but im forced to bring back the device and buy myself a oneplus device or a samsung Why u do this??? whyyyy! my phone is basicly useless now in my eyes

u guys realise there is a huge community of people that like to do with their phone what they want

and on top of that all the rumors about huawei makes it pretty sketchy now that u guys are locking everything down instead open the bootloaders and be transparent!!!! if you guys wont support Bootloader support then i wont support huawei anymore not to my family not to my friends and guess what im the guy they ask what phone should i buy im so upset with this decision! thanks for basicly bricking my brand new phone Good job Huawei Good Job Outstanding move *Slow Claps* *Flies Away*
Userlevel 3
Well all I can say that in my opinion you guys are doing far better job than Samsung however being An experienced android user and ex developer in the early stages of android I realize how terrible the EMUI (still the 8th version🤣) is.
My P20 pro is an amazing Device bit due to its primitive software I've made my decision to trade it in and buy new 1+ on android 9. It's been fun but until Huawei software team won't step up their game I won't be back for more....won't even recommend..my mate asked me if he should go for the P20 pro successor after I've shown him my p20pro and said how amazing the software is in all he went: meh 1+ for me agin this year!
Sorry.
Userlevel 3
Also the last thing that could save this craphone from trading in would be unlocked bootloader and ability to install some useful and well performing/updated version of OS
Userlevel 1
does anyone know whats the new way to request the bootloader unlock code to huawei emui support page?
i cant see the request button anymore.

You can't.
I have a Huawei Nova which is still stuck on EMUI 5.0. I want to upgrade it using an unofficial ROM, but I can't seem to find the bootloader unlocker. Can someone please help me?

Thank you.
Here is a cheaper option (about 4-5 euros) - https://www.dc-unlocker.com/
Going to try it this week and let you know how was it.
This is so wonderful marketing move by Huawei. I was just about to switch from my Samsung S7 Edge to Huawei P10 and buy a nice Huawei Watch 2 with LTE. Now, thank you very much, Huawei successfully kept me with Samsung and it's products. I will be buying Galaxy watch instead.

Chinese company should remember it is not in China. We pay money, we own the product. You cannot dictate us what we can do with hardware and what we can't, it ain't yours anymore, it's ours. If you think otherwise, best of luck selling it somewhere else.

Bye bye Huawei products, too bad, I just started to like them. Not anymore. Congratulations to wonderful marketing team idea of how to push customers Samsung's way.
Userlevel 1

Actually, Google is unable to suspend anyone from using Open Source - rather Google has said it will no longer work with Huawei to provide access to it's (as in Google's) features - which are far from Open Source.

Lineage OS is a truly Open Source Android Platform ROM, that doesn't come with any of the Google Bloat - and it would be reasonably straightforward for a group of developers - and I'm happy to help with this task - to make a ROM available for the more current Kirin SoC devices from Huawei - both the high-end as well as the mid-to-low end devices from Honor (a Huawei brand).

Remember, all google does is put it's own "sugar" on Android and sell that as "Stock Android" labeled as "Pixel Android" or "Android One" or "Android Go" - but it's in reality Google's take on Android - and truly stock is non-Googled - though in all fairness Google (and Microsoft, and any other competant developer - including myself and many others) contribute back into the Android Open Source Project.

As a result - I agree totally with you @dedmeat here that Huawei should immediately allow users to unlock their bootloader and thereby open the door for us to de-Google ourselves and actually use a truly Open Source Mobile Operating system that isn't tracking every single breath you take - unless you actually want that.

Peace and #WeStandWithHuawei

There already are Lineage and various other AOSP based ROMs available for recent Huaweis. But you need an unlocked bootloader to run them. So either your device shipped with EMUI < 9 or 9.1, or you were one of the lucky few to get a code before they closed it down last summer, on a 9 device (I got one for my P20 Pro).

Let's be real, Huawei are against open standards .. they don't even release correct kernel sources for their Android phones, which violates the GPL, and is in fact one of the major concerns with regard to security. Whilst various culprits have failed to provide kernel sources either at all or in a timely fashion, few to my knowledge have actually released kernel sources which the devices don't use (Huawei have).

But given the situation, you'd think they'd be very keen to at least offer bootloader unlocks, to stem the tide of their devices flooding the market at fire sale prices.

Quite.

I hope that Huawei rises to this challenge, and I'm very hopeful they will. From what I understand they have an alternative Android based (loosely - though App compatible) OS that is in the works (how far along is unknown at this time - but early images and videos seem to be promising).

However, with the fact that engineering a new OS is not a simple task, and while Huawei have excellent R&D resources, it still takes time - I feel it would be in Huawei's best interests (and those of China and any other country for that matter), to leverage Open Source, and work with the community.

The beauty of Open Source is that it can totally ignore and indeed circumvent retarded government policies and games such as those of Mr Trump and others who have no love for technology, but rather worship the dollar, and want absolute power (on account of which clearly they are absolutely corrupt - but that's another discussion for another day).

It would be wonderful, if we could get some feed back from a member of Huawei - a senior member - as I'm sure they are monitoring (or at least being kept appraised of the discussions here on these forums).

After all, when all is said and done, there are tens of millions of users of Huawei products globally - and that's just on the consumer side - on the enterprise side the figures are also massive. Huawei need to work with those who are with them - who have invested in them - spending close to 1000GBP on a mobile device (or anything for that matter) is a significant investment, and requires a show of good faith from the vendor.

Sadly, Huawei has been the victim of bad faith on the part of the US Admin and various US organisations - such as Google and Co, and also non-US entities such as ARM whose behavior is frankly despicable in this situation, but this is the power of global geopolitics and as it is well known the Western Capitalist system is inherently corrupt to the core, and Mr Trump merely exposes that acute corruption.

Huawei, at least talk to the community - we've had a number of posts here - and elsewhere across the internet about this - many people have shown great faith in Huawei, I feel it would be appropriate and indeed honorable for Huawei to at the very least talk to the consumers herein.

Come on Huawei, prove everyone wrong, prove those who say that you are but an arm of the Chinese Government (as Google is an arm of the US government), prove to those who have shown faith in you and stood by your products - even when there are others who are selling Huawei devices of as has been said like it's a "fire sale".

We've shown faith in you - please, you now need to show your faith in us.

Peace.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I ordered the unlock code from fleaBay from MZN Technologies in the UK last week. It arrived today and works fine 🙂 You can find it by searching for:

"Huawei Bootloader Fastest Password Code"

It's £15.86 which is a pity you have to cough, but there it is.

Cheers

Steve
Greeting,
this politics is really ashamed...