How do I turn off sleep timer?

• 27 January 2019
  • 8 replies

I have the P20 Pro and when I am using certain apps I like to leave my phone on but the phone times out after a certain time. It allows me to extend the time but not turn it off. How do I do this? I want my phone to stay on until I choose to turn it off.

Thanks in advance

Martin

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @sproule008,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

You are able to set the sleep timer to "Never" so the screen will not shut down unless you pres the power button to do so.
You can do so by going to Settings > Sleep > Never.

Make sure that any battery saving profile options are disabled in order to access the "Sleep" feature in Settings, Display.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi, "Never" isn't an option. It goes from 10secs to 10mins
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @sproule008,

Would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of all the available options?

Thank you,
Max
Yea sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @sproule008,

Could you please PM me with the Serial Number of your device?

I will be able to provide further assistance based on your inquiry!

Best wishes,
Max
How did you solve this I have the same problem please help
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi

There used to be a "Never" option, but Huawei removed it!

I did try a few apps on Google Play, only a couple of which worked. This one works well:

Keep Screen Awake

There's also a paid version for £0.79 to remove the ads.

Sadly, this doen't keep the camera app awake, but works for the screen in general.

Once again we have to turn to 3rd party apps due to gaps in Huawei software!

Cheers

Steve
Same issue here with the last software version on the P30.
Honestly, that kind of things should not happen. Basic functionality, like tuning off the sleep feature should always be available.
Same thing with the “touch the screen to activate the camera” message when camera is on that appears after a few second, who on earth thought that was a good idea? Worst thing is you can’t even disable it.
I use my phone to record musical performance. Huawei, do you realise what issues you are putting through your customers with this kind of forced features?
Honestly, I love your phone but software-wise, this is not OK, at all.