Huawei Health - Counting steps from phone and watch

• 17 November 2018
  • 104 replies

Show first post

104 replies

I'm on 447 steps on both the watch and the app. I've investigated further and found out that Huawei health was updated 10 hours ago on the play store. Having a look at a release notes:

Does the third point mean this issue has now been resolved?
Does anyone else have a Band 3 Pro? I've been experiencing difference between app and phone. For stats (eg daily/weekly/monthly average) have to use the Health app or write it out manually and get calculator out. Haven't bothered about small differences but today watch says 7.8km /12630 steps, Health says 9.22 /12836 - this is unacceptable - what is going on??

PS Can anyone advise how to amend stuff on the H
Sounds like the same issue. However I don't have a band 3 Pro so I can't be sure.
The inconsistency problem between the watch and phone app seems has been fixed for me with the last patch.
It's possible that while this is fixed for the watch the band works in a different way?
Whatever the problem is you are definitely not alone. The issue seems to be known by Huawei and I believe it to be rooted in the app rather than any given hardware. I would advise contacting customer support but failing that just waiting for a patch. I don't believe there is anything the end customer can do to fix this themselves.
Thanks for replying. I also think the app is the problem - it's also annoying that you can't delete or amend incorrect data.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks for replying. I also think the app is the problem - it's also annoying that you can't delete or amend incorrect data.
Its definitely the app, its absolute rubbish and they've known about it for years and done nothing about it. Mi fit, Fitbit all have the option to choose were the data comes from, not this crap!!
Samsung fit app matchs the steps with Huawei fit app. But always much higher than the Honor Band 3 Pro. Although Im always with the band and not with the cell phone. So it looks like the cell phone is kind double counting some steps. Usually 30% more. How to solve it?
OK so I have a p30 lite and a smartwatch GT
So basically I'm really stuck and frustrated and a bit cheesed off
So the health app on the p30 has its own step counter and the watch has its own step counter? Why? How can I remove Step Counter from phone / app as neither of them show or match the amount of activity I'm doing. I just need one to show me what steps I'm doing using the watch
I've had phone 2 weeks and been awarded a 300k step badge? Not sure how that works. Unless I sleep walk๐Ÿ™„
So anyway the app and watch are both linked and I decided I would like to get messages on watch so enabled notifications and get error Messages not being pushed??? I've uninstalled app I've cleared cache I've reset watch basically everything I was told by support to do. Still not working, so
1) can I remove step counter from phone and app or is there another app that will just use the watches step count data and not phone and watch
A dedicated app
2)How do I fix the notification push error
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@WILLRUN67 , I moved your post here to avoid duplicate topics.
Userlevel 3
Badge
OK so I have a p30 lite and a smartwatch GT
So basically I'm really stuck and frustrated and a bit cheesed off
So the health app on the p30 has its own step counter and the watch has its own step counter? Why? How can I remove Step Counter from phone / app as neither of them show or match the amount of activity I'm doing. I just need one to show me what steps I'm doing using the watch
I've had phone 2 weeks and been awarded a 300k step badge? Not sure how that works. Unless I sleep walk๐Ÿ™„
So anyway the app and watch are both linked and I decided I would like to get messages on watch so enabled notifications and get error Messages not being pushed??? I've uninstalled app I've cleared cache I've reset watch basically everything I was told by support to do. Still not working, so
1) can I remove step counter from phone and app or is there another app that will just use the watches step count data and not phone and watch
A dedicated app
2)How do I fix the notification push error

Hi pal, there is nothing you can do, for some stupid reason it counts on both devices, you have no option to choose like Fitbit or Mi device's.
They have known about this issue for years and done nothing to fix it, my advice is, send it back, the GT is beautiful, great battery but that one issue makes it almost useless!!
Hello all,

Thank you for pointing this out. I will forward this to dev. department for them to take into account for future updates.

Best wishes,
Max

Have got got an update for this, Max? It's been 7 months since this question was asked.

Thanks.
This is a slap in my face. I thought it was just me who couldn't find the settings and that I would have found the answer somewhere, then I read all this thread just to see that it's a known problem and that nothing has been done.
Honor 8x and watch GT and I'd really like to see the steps from just one source
Userlevel 1
WTF? Im new on that device, coming from the Amazfit Verge.

It count from two sources an count it up? Realy? the watch was a nice price on prime day, but i dont need this behavior. So i send it back. Unbelivable
Userlevel 1
OK. thats realy crap.
Left hand a Watch GT and right Hand a Amazifit verge.

Without a handy one day at work.
4169 Steps with the Amazfit
4227 Steps with the Watch GT
#
walk to store nearby with my smartphone in my pocket
(complete steps)
6810 with the Verge
7080 with the GT and a smartphone

Thats crap like hell. A nice watch with a company deccission i dont understand.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

I apologize for the delay in coming back to you. We can escalate your matter to our development team, so we can solve it as soon as possible for you with a system update.
I would also recommend you to try unpair and reset the watch and sync the health app once more from the top, in the health app.
Perform the following steps:
  • Restart your watch.
  • If the issue persists, it is recommended that you restore your watch to its factory settings, and then re-pair it with your phone.
You can restore your watch to its factory settings by following the steps below.

Resetting your watch will erase all your data.
Method 1: On your watch's home screen, press the up button, and go to Settings > System > Reset.
http://consumer-tkb.huawei.com/ctkb/ha-i/c0ce05_jrarl.gif
  • Method 2: Open the Huawei Health app and touch the device icon in the upper right corner under Home, then touch Restore factory settings.
If the issue still persists after performing the preceding steps, please confirm whether the watch's Lift-to-wake feature is functioning properly and record the details, including the watch's version number into a private message to me.
In order to make a request, can you please send me a private message with the serial number and current build number of your phone. You can find both of them in Settings > System > About phone. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

If the issue remains, please pm me to escalate your case further.
To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Charlie T.💡😉
Userlevel 3
Badge
Charlie, are you really serious? This issue has been going on for years!! Search this forum, look at reviews on Amazon, go on Google and search for yourselves, I have had live chats, called, been on this forum and Huawei know all about it, you just do absolutely nothing to fix it. Due to this type of customer "service" this is the first and last time I will ever buy this brand again. Stop giving the reset the device advice, the app simply does not give you the option to count steps off the wearable or phone, it combines both, nothing can be done about that until you lot fix the app!!!!
Please stop the bluster about escalating it, nothing at all is ever fixed when it comes to this common, well known poxy issue.
Userlevel 1
They did not read the comments. There a a ape who have one Button to push...same text, whatever you wrote to them.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Charlie, are you really serious? This issue has been going on for years!! Search this forum, look at reviews on Amazon, go on Google and search for yourselves, I have had live chats, called, been on this forum and Huawei know all about it, you just do absolutely nothing to fix it. Due to this type of customer "service" this is the first and last time I will ever buy this brand again. Stop giving the reset the device advice, the app simply does not give you the option to count steps off the wearable or phone, it combines both, nothing can be done about that until you lot fix the app!!!!
Please stop the bluster about escalating it, nothing at all is ever fixed when it comes to this common, well known poxy issue.

And this is why I'm going back to Garmin. They have a proper fitness community too. Also Strava. Bye bye Huawei.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,
I'm sorry to hear that you encounter this issue with the watch gt step counting, rest assure the case is escalated to our developer team further for a proper review and resolution with the next update. The moment there is a clear solution or troubleshooting i will update the topic with it. If you have more issues with the watch, please contact also our support hotline at 08000886700, from 9-21.00, each working days, for a proper review and service for your device.

Meantime I would recommend you to pair properly the watch with the right setup according to each software system( for proper pairing , please follow those steps from health app for the next pairing apps, Wear OS, Android Wear, for different software smartphones) and sync the health app properly.
Also make sure you have the last Health app version updated , with all the permissions enabled.
Your watch's counting algorithm is designed to measure data over longer periods of exercise.
Switching activities after a short period of time may also affect the accuracy of step counts.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T.🤓
Userlevel 2
Same problem here with my new Huawei Watch GT ...

It's impossibile that there isn't a simple option that i can choose the source of my step counter!!!

The merging data from Honor 9 step counter and my Watch GT counter are really really wrong!

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM.. WHY I HAVE TO MERGE THE INACCURATE DATA FROM MY SMARTPHONE AND THE CORRECT DATA FROM MY WATCH GT WEARED 24/7 ?!?

IT'S CRAZY!
Same issue here, please fix it.
Userlevel 2
Please FIX IT!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Please FIX IT!
They won't, this has been happening for literally year's!! I've sold my GT, and once my contract is up my P20 PRO is gone as well, the customer service of this manufacturer is absolutely shocking.
Userlevel 2
What a disappointment, Huawei !!
Same issue, when will you fix it, Huawei??
Userlevel 2
Up !