Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Userlevel 3
Recently moved to a Huawei Mate20Pro and a Watch GT. Happy with them so far but the biggest issue I'm finding is they just don't play nice with anyone else.

I already use Strava, Garmin, MyFitnessPal and Google FIT. All these integrate with each other so that each has a whole picture of my health and various exercise activities.

Are there any plans to integrate Huawei Health with services such as these?
icon

Best answer by Max 29 April 2019, 20:49

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

235 replies

Userlevel 2
It is a big problem and there is not even an export data option.

I associated the Huawei health app with Google fit, but the HR does not sync.

My fitness pal pulls through no data at all.

On top of that the kcal is way out, as iff I only burn 500kcal per day.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Huawei Health stopped linking properly to Google Fit a while back, if you notice in app it says can link with MyFitnessPal but this is incorrect as it doesn't work and MyFitnessPal also co firm that Huawei Health is not supported.

I have the HW2 and binned Huawei Health the other month due to its failings only issue I have now is that I get no historical sleep data but get everything else just by using Wear OS and Google Fit.

I'm not sure if you can use GF on the new watch though, if not, not really sure of a solution to help you resolve problem
Userlevel 3
Huawei Health stopped linking properly to Google Fit a while back, if you notice in app it says can link with MyFitnessPal but this is incorrect as it doesn't work and MyFitnessPal also co firm that Huawei Health is not supported.

I have the HW2 and binned Huawei Health the other month due to its failings only issue I have now is that I get no historical sleep data but get everything else just by using Wear OS and Google Fit.

I'm not sure if you can use GF on the new watch though, if not, not really sure of a solution to help you resolve problem

Unfortunately i don't think you can as it's not running WearOS it is running Huawei's own OS built specifically for the Watch GT so you're pretty much stuck with Huawei Health
Userlevel 2
Yeah, unfortunately stuck with it which means I cant even use data to get Vitality points from the HR.

Hope they allow more apps to sync in the future or allow 3rd parties to develop apps for it.

F
Userlevel 5
Badge
and if you switch mobiles to a non Huawei device (or vice-versa) you lose your historical data

if it weren't for that the app would be brilliant, but huawei need to allow you to export the data and re-import it if needed
I bought a pre-order Mate 20 Pro and it came with a GT. I thought it would be great as it has the GPS built in. However it seems that I will not be able to use my historic data on Strava as the only app supported for tracking is the Huawei Health app. Any plans to export data to commonly used apps?
Userlevel 2
You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync
Userlevel 3
You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync

That does not work, also when it worked googlefit did not collect health activities.

We have to put pressure with this theme to Huawei, it is incredible that they want to sell a sports product and can not export even to .gpx, strava or any service. 😡

They should know that they would sell a lot more with just that addition.
Userlevel 5
Badge

That does not work, also when it worked googlefit did not collect health activities.

We have to put pressure with this theme to Huawei, it is incredible that they want to sell a sports product and can not export even to .gpx, strava or any service. 😡

They should know that they would sell a lot more with just that addition.

That is why I no longer use HH on my watch 2 due to losing my past history when switching devices or needing to perform a factory reset.
Userlevel 3
the problem is that in Huawei gt you can only use hh, it does not have android wear and you can not install applications...
Userlevel 5
Badge
the problem is that in Huawei gt you can only use hh, it does not have android wear and you can not install applications...
At same time I know it not as bad a situation as GT, but even on Watch 2 to get full data you can only use HH.

I've logged with them previously about the limitations of the application and nothing has been done.
Userlevel 3

the problem is that in Huawei gt you can only use hh, it does not have android wear and you can not install applications...At same time I know it not as bad a situation as GT, but even on Watch 2 to get full data you can only use HH.

I've logged with them previously about the limitations of the application and nothing has been done.

anyway if I access hh on another device with my account i keep the data and history, I just checked.

I understood that you lost everything, but I have seen the activities, sleep data, steps, etc.
Userlevel 5
Badge

the problem is that in Huawei gt you can only use hh, it does not have android wear and you can not install applications...At same time I know it not as bad a situation as GT, but even on Watch 2 to get full data you can only use HH.

anyway if I access hh on another device with my account i keep the data and history, I just checked.

I understood that you lost everything, but I have seen the activities, sleep data, steps, etc.

You can move between Huawei devices if you backup the app and data, but you can't if move from Huawei to another brand and vice versa on the watch 2 and when you swatch devices you have factory reset the watch, not sure if this same on gt
Its amazing to me that Huawei hasn’t caught up with the other fitness products out there. I’m using a Talkband B5 with an iPhone and it is supposed to sync with the Health app, but doesn’t. I think there is probably just a lack of or sloppy software development and this should be a no-brainer for a company that has just become one of the leading competitors in the smartphone market.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello,

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello,

Best wishes,
Max

But how long before we see improvements, I emailed support nearly a year ago about the downfalls of the app and what is needed. In the app it says to link with

MyFitnessPal but it doesn't and never had the ability to do this and even MyFitnessPal stated they Huawei had no link into their product.

If I switch phones or have to reset watch I loose all historical data from Huawei Health, with Google Fit which I'm now having to use I can view my historical data, even if I switch devices. I can view my data online as well. This is same if I use other apps, it just that Huawei Health does not support any of these features and needs to in this day and age.
@Max - any chance you can at least fix the calorie syncing issue between HH and MFP? It's out by a 1000 as a result of you syncing calories and not kilo calories. In terms of other requests t would also be great if you could:
  1. Make weight updates bi-directional between HH and MFP
  2. Provide a direct sync service between HH and Strava
  3. Allow users to control whether to allow HH to amalgamate steps from both their wearable and their phone. I don't use my watch when cycling but do take my phone with me which incorrectly registers a high number of steps due to the movement of the bike.
Hi

I received a Band 3 Pro for Christmas and it's great. However, I log my runs and cycles on Strava. I cannot find a decent way of getting the info out to Strava from Huawei Health.

Is an API for connectivity to Strava on the cards? It's a real let down that I can't get the information out of Huawei Health easily and I wouldn't recommend the watch as a result, even though the rest of the product is very good.
@Max - any chance you can at least fix the calorie syncing issue between HH and MFP? It's out by a 1000 as a result of you syncing calories and not kilo calories. In terms of other requests t would also be great if you could:
  1. Make weight updates bi-directional between HH and MFP
  2. Provide a direct sync service between HH and Strava
  3. Allow users to control whether to allow HH to amalgamate steps from both their wearable and their phone. I don't use my watch when cycling but do take my phone with me which incorrectly registers a high number of steps due to the movement of the bike.

I agree with you. It will be great device.
Userlevel 1

😆 Wow!

From Watch GT >> Google Fit >> S Health >> Strava. That's a workaround from hell!

Come on Huawei, listen and show some leadership here!
Userlevel 1

I've tried. It doesn't work. Screenshots please if you got that working.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Huawei Health syncing to Google Fit is broken and has been for sometime, which is why I no longer use it and just use wear os and Google Fit.

It also doesnt link to MyFitnessPal and never has done, the option in the app is meaningless as MyFitnessPal say they do not support Huawei Health.
Userlevel 1
sync between Huawei Health and Google fit working fine here. i would say just reconnect the both Services. no Problem here at all
Userlevel 1
sync between Huawei Health and Google fit working fine here. i would say just reconnect the both Services. no Problem here at all

Tried that, still nothing. If anyone can show this workaround in screenshots syncing HH to GFit to Strava then I'll be sold.
It still isn't seamless. When you go Huawei Health to Google Fit, fit seems to still do weird stuff partitioning the data and loses some of it.

Mine went over to Strava but sometimes partitioned into 1 minute intervals, so loads of files and didn't keep the GPS track or heart rate data.