Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

@Max - any chance you can at least fix the calorie syncing issue between HH and MFP? It's out by a 1000 as a result of you syncing calories and not kilo calories. In terms of other requests t would also be great if you could:
  1. Make weight updates bi-directional between HH and MFP
  2. Provide a direct sync service between HH and Strava
  3. Allow users to control whether to allow HH to amalgamate steps from both their wearable and their phone. I don't use my watch when cycling but do take my phone with me which incorrectly registers a high number of steps due to the movement of the bike.

I turned off the location service for the health app and now the step count between phone and watch is more or less the same. Might be a work round until it gets fixed.
Userlevel 2
Not right now unfortunately as I'm on my phone. A search for "Strava" might point you in the right direction though! If I get time today I'll come back here with a link. Happy hunting!
Userlevel 1
Android users for whom Huawei Backup isn't available - are you able to download the app from somewhere such as APK Mirror, or does it still not work? Failing that, rooting your phone is an option (albeit quite an extreme one). Again, I'm afraid that I don't have a non-Huawei iOS device so won't be able to help, but this is probably where I'd start looking!

I've tried Android Studio adb backup, but I may be doing something wrong and it didn't work. But didn't tried to install the APK from another source, sounds like a good idea, I'll try that when i get some free time.
Userlevel 3

New watch GT 2 model, great hardware but same isolated health app. In a few months Im going to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 and get rid of mi band 3 pro. Bye huawei...Yes such a shame, in a few weeks the forum will be inundated with more poor souls let down by the watch GT2.

Why don't they listen?

I really think that is an issue with China Goverment or something similar the they want our data and don´t want to share it with any other country.

I have just purchased a Galaxy Active 2 44mm. Arrives on monday and I will give the Huawei Smartband to my wife.

Strava, here we go!! 🙂
Userlevel 2
@Mark Greatorex There's someone else on the forum who is writing a script to grab the data from the app and format it ready for Strava.

Unfortunately it's impossible to grab app data without a rooted phone, as apps keep their own data to themselves for security purposes. My script is therefore only really useful if you have a rooted phone or can access the app data in some other way. We've worked out that users with Huawei phones can access their app data by using the Huawei Backup application to make a backup of the Health data then extract app data from that backup, but that leaves all other users (non-Huawei non-rooted) without any options! 😞
Userlevel 5
At the moment I use a Fitbit for my workouts, links easily to Strava. The GT is much better looking though and more reliable in terms of notifications etc, so at the moment I'm running around with two trackers which is silly.

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 last week thinking it could replace the two. Load of crap, screen was rubbish and battery life even worse. I returned in after two days.
Aha, my son has a Huawei phone and a Band 2 Pro, so would fit in the small venn diagram of being someone who could make it work on his phone directly then? But that is a small user group I expect? Does the Huawei Backup app not work on other phones then?
Hi

I bought the new Pro30 bundled with the GT watch. Im very happy with the Pro30. I will receive my GT watch today. Ive used fitness trackers on my Samsung watches and phones for years. So if I cant integrate my new Huawei GT watch with other apps like the Samsung S health then I will sell my Huawei GT watch immediately. Im using the S health app on my P30 together with my current Samsung watch and this works.
Userlevel 3
At the moment I use a Fitbit for my workouts, links easily to Strava. The GT is much better looking though and more reliable in terms of notifications etc, so at the moment I'm running around with two trackers which is silly.

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 last week thinking it could replace the two. Load of crap, screen was rubbish and battery life even worse. I returned in after two days.

Check the Active 2. I think that today is the best watch to pair with an Android phone. Battery 2 complete days whith all features activated, new HR sensor , ECG, good GPS... I think it worth a try.

We can open a thread here for the galaxy 2 active. At least we make this forum useful hahaha
Userlevel 1
I've heard that Huawei already finished the development of this product. I don't expect any new features :-(
This is not related to any particular device, this is related to the Health application and its ability to interchange data with other services.