Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 209 replies

Show first post

209 replies

Userlevel 1
It still isn't seamless. When you go Huawei Health to Google Fit, fit seems to still do weird stuff partitioning the data and loses some of it.

Mine went over to Strava but sometimes partitioned into 1 minute intervals, so loads of files and didn't keep the GPS track or heart rate data.

Thanks Kiran, I am throwing in the towel on this one. I might come back to Huawei wareables in the future when they've sorted things out but this is a waste of time. Cheers
I've actually returned my band 3 pro and looking at a Garmin offering instead. Sad times, but as you say, we can always come back another time.
Another silly thing, that you guys might already have picked up on, if you answer a call or use your headset to listen to music during a workout, it pauses the workout. Now I know I'm going to get ambushed for mentioning this, but isn't that the point of the device? You're out running, you get a call, you can answer on the go and then pop the headset back in. Bob's your auntie. It just seems weird that using the headset stops activity tracking. The heart rate monitoring should theoretically still work as the headset is sitting on the ear.

It seems to me the team behind this haven't thought the whole thing through. They have gone for an all or nothing Huawei integration approach. I use my B5 with a P20 Lite and you can't even choose where the data comes from, you're stuck with a combination of data from both the B5 and handset. That wouldn't be so bad if they talked to each other properly. The B5 and phone ALWAYS show different step counts, with the phone always showing more than the watch, which I wear all the time. The count is at least 10% higher on the phone. It's just so slapdash. This is a software problem that needs to be addressed and some thought needs to go into the implementation of the device.
Userlevel 3
sync between Huawei Health and Google fit working fine here. i would say just reconnect the both Services. no Problem here at all

Can you please explain how you did it step by step? I tried disconnecting the apps then I wanted to connect the app from within Google Fit but couldn't see Huawei Health. I had to switch over to Huawei Health and associate Google Fit from there instead. Went back to Google Fit and tried the syncing and nothing happened.....
Oddly enough, Google Fit and Huawei Health just started to speak to each other. I had to reset my phone for something unrelated and I've not had Goohle Fit on it. I just reinstalled it, disconnected Huawei Health and reconnected it and after a few hours it synced. It doesn't sync often, about once a day, and I can't figure out if there are settings to change it.

No vital data though. No heart rate only step counts.
Userlevel 3
Mine still isn't syncing. No heart rate..... The steps I believe is being collected by Google fit directly on the phone.....
Mine still isn't syncing. No heart rate..... The steps I believe is being collected by Google fit directly on the phone.....
If you turn off tracking for steps in Google Fit, you should notice that the steps from your watch will populate it. There has been a recent Huawai app update, so try the usual connect and reconnect nonsense to see if that works for you.

However, Google Fit itself is quite a useless app. Since it's not drawing down all the fitness data that the Huawei app has using it to sync to apps like Strava or Runkeeper is also pointless. I honestly don't see the point of Google Fit.

The Huawei app is more information rich than I thought but without the ability to sync to other platforms it leaves users stuck within the Huawei ecosystem. Not even the Apple Healthkit does that!
Userlevel 3

Mine still isn't syncing. No heart rate..... The steps I believe is being collected by Google fit directly on the phone.....If you turn off tracking for steps in Google Fit, you should notice that the steps from your watch will populate it. There has been a recent Huawai app update, so try the usual connect and reconnect nonsense to see if that works for you.

However, Google Fit itself is quite a useless app. Since it's not drawing down all the fitness data that the Huawei app has using it to sync to apps like Strava or Runkeeper is also pointless. I honestly don't see the point of Google Fit.

The Huawei app is more information rich than I thought but without the ability to sync to other platforms it leaves users stuck within the Huawei ecosystem. Not even the Apple Healthkit does that!

Thank you for the tip. I wanted to see if I could get a workaround to port my data from Fitbit to Huawei and I read somewhere it can be synced to Fit (thru export) and then imported into HH through Fit.... I guess I'll have to give up on my data the last 2 years because there is really no way of moving my data around even if I could request it.
Userlevel 3
Hello,
I've just started playing around with a band 3 Pro and share the frustration of not being able to export data (especially heart rate).
Does anyone know what version of Bluetooth the band uses?
Some applications allow you to connect to a Bluetooth device.
I've tried my app which can sync to Bluetooth health devices but the app did not recognise the band.

Perhaps Bluetooth might be an alternative route to exporting the data.
Userlevel 3

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
But how long before we see improvements, I emailed support nearly a year ago about the downfalls of the app and what is needed. In the app it says to link with

MyFitnessPal but it doesn't and never had the ability to do this and even MyFitnessPal stated they Huawei had no link into their product.

If I switch phones or have to reset watch I loose all historical data from Huawei Health, with Google Fit which I'm now having to use I can view my historical data, even if I switch devices. I can view my data online as well. This is same if I use other apps, it just that Huawei Health does not support any of these features and needs to in this day and age.

Did you get a reply to this?
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

Max, what are the features and when will they be introduced?
Userlevel 3
Hello,
I've just started playing around with a band 3 Pro and share the frustration of not being able to export data (especially heart rate).
Does anyone know what version of Bluetooth the band uses?
Some applications allow you to connect to a Bluetooth device.
I've tried my app which can sync to Bluetooth health devices but the app did not recognise the band.

Perhaps Bluetooth might be an alternative route to exporting the data.

Progress so far
Huawei told me the band supports Bluetooth 4.2, BLE. I contacted the person responsible for writing the app that I use to pair with a heart strap. This app supports Bluetooth BLE and ANT+ but the app will not pair with the Huawei band. The developer reckoned Huawei have locked down their device to ensure no other app can access the data.

Huawei told me the health data is stored in a cloud and this could be used to transfer historic data to a new phone. They also told me it is not possible to access this data with the health app.

I told Huawei Google Fit does not read heart rate data. This is despite the fact they told me I could transfer the data to Google fit. They are now telling me to contact Google fit and tell them they have a problem and ask them to fix it.

I rather believe that Huawei is the problem and would like to see them resolve this across their fitness wearables
This really needs to be fix... Been using Strava for a while now and am very surprised Huawei cannot get their Pro watch to sync with such a popular app.

I'll give it a few months then will have to leave huawei

Any advice from Huawei or reasons to stay would be greatly appropriated
or if anyone has got there watches to sync with Strava would also help.
@Max - any chance you can at least fix the calorie syncing issue between HH and MFP? It's out by a 1000 as a result of you syncing calories and not kilo calories. In terms of other requests t would also be great if you could:
  1. Make weight updates bi-directional between HH and MFP
  2. Provide a direct sync service between HH and Strava
  3. Allow users to control whether to allow HH to amalgamate steps from both their wearable and their phone. I don't use my watch when cycling but do take my phone with me which incorrectly registers a high number of steps due to the movement of the bike.

I turned off the location service for the health app and now the step count between phone and watch is more or less the same. Might be a work round until it gets fixed.
Userlevel 1
Are Huawei, very simply, going to allow their clearly otherwise very good add and wearables (band 3 Pro) to sync to the planets most popular fitness apps such as Strava?

The difference is 'yes' and I keep my new Huawei purchase.
Or
'No' and the word spreads that Huawei wearables are pointless and I and many many others send them back.
Are Huawei, very simply, going to allow their clearly otherwise very good add and wearables (band 3 Pro) to sync to the planets most popular fitness apps such as Strava?

The difference is 'yes' and I keep my new Huawei purchase.
Or
'No' and the word spreads that Huawei wearables are pointless and I and many many others send them back.

+1
Please make a connection between Strava and Huawei Health, or at least make possible to export the HH data to .gpx (this is basic stuff!!!)
Userlevel 3
Please, Add integration with other apps like Runtastic, Strava etc..AL least GPX export. Without Ii the device will be only valid for casual sport. More serious training need this features.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Remember to email the CEO. There's a link in the Huawei site to do so! Everyone email her (or him). Every day!!

Https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo
Userlevel 3
Done! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Me too. That's 3 I've sent now!

Remember...daily!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for all your feedback.
As I've previously mentioned, I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update and we will try to have a proper resolution regarding the calories syncing too @karim.medany .;)
We will let you know once we will have a proper resolution about this topic.

Best,
Max
Userlevel 1
Whilst it is 'nice' to be updated and hear that you'll pass our comments and disappointment on; alas, the 20th century's yesterday and consumers wait for no man. I have returned my unused Huawei fitness device and bought a Garmin one - that will just simply 'work'.

Should I ever need a fitness device again, I may check back, although ... I may not.

Good luck everyone!

PS....I never had any acknowledgement let alone a reply from 'emailing the ceo'...perhaps their emails don't sync properly....?...just sayin.
Userlevel 3
I've only had the band 3 pro for 2 months and am already tired of hearing that Huawei will fix the problems highlighted on this forum. It's been highlighted for over a year with zero improvements for integration of all the data to other apps. They won't even allow the data to be exported to Excel. This should be basic software coding
I'm planning to leave feedback on lots of sites such as Amazon so people know the data export limitations of the whole Huawei fitness range.

I'm too late to return the product but will be moving to Garmin at some point in the future.
Fitbit integrated with Strava, still cheaper than Garmin. also they looking to customer satisfaction.
Userlevel 4
Fitbit integrated with Strava, still cheaper than Garmin. also they looking to customer satisfaction.
Fitbits customer service is shocking. They look at any way to wriggle out of honouring warranty