Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

Userlevel 3
Yes, incredible that such feautures are missing in a 2019 app. Indeed you can´t see your tracks in satellite view hahaha totally basic in other sport apps.
Userlevel 1
I am selling my Huawei Watch GT. It's great hardware, long battery life, but unusable because of the software being extremely limited. Garmin works much better for me, I have my stats in Garmin Connect, but can easily export it to virtually any other service like Strava.

It seems something so simple to implement, I don't believe this is not available because lack of capacity from the development team, it's more like a decision from Huawei not to export data, maybe they think the users will be more loyal like this, as you can't move away from Huawei Health... With me, it worked the other way around!
Userlevel 3
OK, guys, I went through all the messages around the thread - looks like we are just wasting our time.
Let me give U a hint why I am convinced that integration feature in Huawei health is never gonna be implemented:
1) if U install huawei health on non-huawei device, it appears there with a reduced functionality, namely, you cannot even sync U data in the app;
2) the feature was requested almost a year ago and there were just formal responses to damp our displeasure;
3) the feature is very simple to implement, very broadly used by other brands and one must be very naive to believe that it's missing is just a bad luck and being just overlooked by the company;
To summarize: the missing feature is in accordance with some company's strategy and looks like it is not gonna be implemented in the near future. With new tensions with US the chance is even less probable because the company will concentrate efforts on its operating system. The company's policy is the following: do great hardware things, advertise and aggressively sell it and never give a fuck about its usability, tiny user features etc.
There seems to be only one way on how to fix the issue. Here is the tutorial:
1) make a backup of Ur Huawei health data;
2) sell out Ur Huawei products;
3) buy a new brand products (garmin, fitbit, xiaomi etc.)
4) forgot about Huawei health and never ever get trapped Ur data in this blackhole that does sync Ur data, but U cannot watch it (export it, use it, analyze it... - Ur own data);
On top of all, Huawei provide 5 Gb of Huawei cloud space - for what?:) Why U cannot put Huawei health sync data there?

At least Huawei should have the courage to answer that they will not develop it and so we can assume that the product has that limitation and that it will not change in the near future...
Watching this question has been quite depressing. Problems that are obvious bugs are not dealt with and the last update has made things worse: now even the stats on the app home screen do not reflect the actual data from my honor band 4.

To the staff on the forum: stop saying that "your suggestions will be sent to the proper department", we need a list of what will be fixed in the app and the expected time of arrival of each fix. That's the least that Huawei should do, unless you don't care about your brand. As it stands now, the next time I will choose any competitor to Huawei, since the product I bought from this brand is having little to no purpose due to the lack of proper support.
Userlevel 1
There is been 5 months and all the information provided was some several "suggestions will be passed to our development team", for a problem that affects most part of the smart watches and bands line, if not all.
The problem @gazsi3 mentioned will also affect me when i change my (aged) smartphone. I was looking on a Huawei phone aswell, because of the great quality, but it's better to look into forums to check on problemas like this, the lack of essential funcionalities for most people.
Userlevel 2
I'm definitely interested in the ability to both export the data into appropriate formats and for automatic uploading to services like Strava. It's a bit mental that this isn't already implemented considering the popularity of Strava as a fitness tracking service. Other brands didn't miss this out!
Userlevel 1
Checking the page and implementing the improvements are two different things in my book! The point I was making was it has been highlighted for a considerable time and still no improvement.....
Userlevel 1
please sign this petition https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/huawei-please-add-gpxtcx-export-and-sync-to
Userlevel 5
Badge
@cwpaters no point asking as you won't get.

Only solution is to ditch Huawei and go with another manufacturer.
Userlevel 3
Huawei is betting on promoting this watch and its operating system by taking many versions with different straps and dial, there are even different versions for honor.
It is clear that it is oriented to sports because as soon as smartwatch the options are limited and I think it is a correct choice.
Therefore it is not understood that such an important effort in trying to enter the sports market leaves out the synchronization to Strava or the export to gpx. I think it is totally incongruous to bet on something strong and fail on the basics.
Userlevel 1
please sign this petition https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/huawei-please-add-gpxtcx-export-and-sync-to
Excellent idea, I signed it!
I'm also considering to buy Honor band 3 pro, but since that connection to Strava is not supported, I will not buy this product.
Userlevel 2
Aha, my son has a Huawei phone and a Band 2 Pro, so would fit in the small venn diagram of being someone who could make it work on his phone directly then? But that is a small user group I expect? Does the Huawei Backup app not work on other phones then?

He won't be able to get it to work on his phone directly, but he will be able to get the data into Strava with the help of a computer 👍 He'd just need to download the Huawei Backup app (which only works on Huawei phones apparently, although I can't test this), make an un-encrypted backup of his Huawei Health app data to his phone's SD card, copy that backup data to his computer, and then use my script to turn the HiTrack files into .TCX files which can be uploaded to Strava.

My script does require you to have Python on your computer, but I can build a version for windows very easily that doesn't require this (and Mac's/Linux's have Python installed by default). Full instructions here!
Userlevel 5
Badge
@ndcast you won't get any satisfactory answer from Huawei regarding the integration into Google, its been over a year (nearly two) since its worked with GF and Huawei haven't done anything.

I have the original W1 and W2 and won't be getting the GT or any other watch from Huawei due to lack of support and integration with Google.

If you've only just got it, send it back as not fit for the purpose you purchased it for and get something from another manufacturer
Userlevel 1
Whilst it is 'nice' to be updated and hear that you'll pass our comments and disappointment on; alas, the 20th century's yesterday and consumers wait for no man. I have returned my unused Huawei fitness device and bought a Garmin one - that will just simply 'work'.

Should I ever need a fitness device again, I may check back, although ... I may not.

Good luck everyone!

PS....I never had any acknowledgement let alone a reply from 'emailing the ceo'...perhaps their emails don't sync properly....?...just sayin.
Userlevel 3

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
A moderator pointed me to this response as the best answer for integration questions. An answer should provide a resolution. This response is not a resolution and is therefore not an answer to the numerous requests from your various customers.
To the moderator, take a look across all your fitness tracker customer responses, you will see frustration across the whole range. Some frustration comes from the fact the software is not for for purpose. Some frustration comes from unhelpful responses like this.

Totally agree. An acceptable answer should indicate:
- Yes / No is planned to implement it.
- If implemented, it will be short / medium / long term.

In the case that they will not do it, we will stop having false hopes and frustrations. We would already know what the product can offer for good and for bad.
Ok, now i have waited since December 2018 for my Huwei GT watch or Huawei Health to be syncable with Strava.

Update after update the integration update seems never to be prioritized by Huawei, which is very bad because i really love the product.

Huawei, i demand you to answer us if this update is coming or not? the moderators here are giving false hope to faithful user's by not giving direct answers!
Userlevel 5
Badge
they've been saying things will be implemented for months, even from the original watch 1 and they still haven't done it, so the best answer is irrelevant (if you check the forum a lot of the best answers are from the mods themselves which provide no value or reassurance to the end user)

i'm waiting to see if google release a watch and then i'll be switching

end users need to realise that Huawei make excellent hardware, but its fully let down by the software and integrations with other products.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi all, thanks for your continued feedback. I appreciate it's frustrating when a feature you want/need isn't available. All I can say is I'll do my best to continue to make sure the right folks know your feedback and if I become aware of any changes to the previous update, I'll let you know.
Userlevel 1
@Amy @Max can any staff member say something? How it is possible that after six months the app is still not sharing days to Google fit or MyFitness Pal? When it will be fixed?
Userlevel 1
Huawei, what is happening with this? I'm so close to ditching the watch due to the lack of integration with Strava!! It's really disappointing coz the GT watch really is great!!

It can't be hard to integrate the health app with Strava for example! New GT 2 watch away to be released soon!! Really cannot believe that this is being released and this long standing lack of integration has still not been resolved.

We want answers and the timeline for the implementation.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Danjl the feature USED to work, but hasn't for over a year and nothing from Huawei on getting it resolved, no updates, no nothing.
It seems Huawei have turned into one of those companies that once its taken your money it couldn't give s**t about you or the product you purchased.
Userlevel 4
As I wrote before, ditch the Huawei products (they don't deserve us as customers) and also rate and comment under YouTube reviews etc. so other people don't get screwed over.

P.S. Tonight I'll write to Unbox Therapy YouTube channel, maybe he can make a video on this issue so word gets out to more people.
Userlevel 4
I installed the beta app (HiHealthApp9.0.5.305-china-beta.apk), turned on "Save GPS Files" and tracked a walking activity, unfortunately I could not find and export option for the activity so for now it seems that import/export is no go . I also search for the saved gps files but they seem to be in a proprietary format.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
Are Huawei, very simply, going to allow their clearly otherwise very good add and wearables (band 3 Pro) to sync to the planets most popular fitness apps such as Strava?

The difference is 'yes' and I keep my new Huawei purchase.
Or
'No' and the word spreads that Huawei wearables are pointless and I and many many others send them back.

+1
Please make a connection between Strava and Huawei Health, or at least make possible to export the HH data to .gpx (this is basic stuff!!!)