Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
hi @Strogauk, your suggestion has been recorded and feedback to our requirement analysis team. Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Userlevel 3
Hola @Strogauk@Strogauk , su sugerencia ha sido registrada y ha sido @StrogaukUn equipo de análisis de requisitos. Gracias por sus valiosas sugerencias.@Strogauk
Hopefully do the development in the Health app. Their sports devices will be revalued by 10-20% in the market.
For those who practice sports, it is essential!! 👍
just finish the integration first
It is a really necessary function. I hope you can add it to the next update. Thanks!
A temporary solution maybe to try SyncMyTracks app. I've always found it good for forcing integrations.
It does not currently support Huawei Health, but does support Google Fit, so that link would need to be robust first (looking at some of the posts in this thread, that may not be the case).
However, if your HH data is accurately transfered to Google Fit, then SyncMyTracks can push it to many supported ecosystems, including Strava, Garmin, Fitbit.
I don't have a Huawei device to test, but am researching to purchase, so interested in this thread, and more interested to see if anyone could try it out, and report back.
There's a free version of SyncMyTracks, as well as a modestly priced paid version.
Userlevel 3
A temporary solution maybe to try SyncMyTracks app. I've always found it good for forcing integrations.
It does not currently support Huawei Health, but does support Google Fit, so that link would need to be robust first (looking at some of the posts in this thread, that may not be the case).
However, if your HH data is accurately transfered to Google Fit, then SyncMyTracks can push it to many supported ecosystems, including Strava, Garmin, Fitbit.
I don't have a Huawei device to test, but am researching to purchase, so interested in this thread, and more interested to see if anyone could try it out, and report back.
There's a free version of SyncMyTracks, as well as a modestly priced paid version.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Huawei band 3 PRO and SyncMytracks and the main problem is that only few information is synced between Huawei Health and Google Fit. For example HR rates and GPS track is not synced so this information is not accesible on SyncmyTracks.

Huawei has a big problem with that. Good hardware with horrible sports tracking software. I am starting to think that they want to have all this data only for them an not share with others (outside China).

I don´t think that data export will be so complicated. I am seeing this in hundreds of apps with significant smaller companies behind them.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Huawei band 3 PRO and SyncMytracks and the main problem is that only few information is synced between Huawei Health and Google Fit. For example HR rates and GPS track is not synced so this information is not accesible on SyncmyTracks.

Huawei has a big problem with that. Good hardware with horrible sports tracking software. I am starting to think that they want to have all this data only for them an not share with others (outside China).

I don´t think that data export will be so complicated. I am seeing this in hundreds of apps with significant smaller companies behind them.

agree with you, good device. But isolated.
Agreed, there needs to be a reliable and accurate link to Google Fit. To be fair, I've tried numerous trackers that claim to integrate with Fit, but have never had one that works correctly. I blame Google for that though, I think Google Fit is an awful piece of software. It is never in sync. It can take hours for an activity to appear - why, and what is the point. The latest activity on my home screen is normally about my 5th or 6th last activity, and can sometimes be days old. A time stamp for the activity is shown but not the date!!! You have to click into the activity to see the date. I wonder if its ever been tested. The journal page shows a later activities, but so hit and miss it is not fit (excuse the pun) for purpose. I have a blood pressure monitor that links to fit but it only syncs my pulse and not my blood pressure!! Figure that one out.
I'm seriously thinking of moving back to apple to use health, as it is a much more attractive solution as a health and fitness hub than Google Fit. The thing that puts me off is the expensive and overpriced hardware. Lovw the option of low cost and variety of Android devices on offer. I'm even toying with a cheap ipod touch and connecting on my health devices and accounts to that to use at home.
I think Google need to pull their finger out as a starter for 10, and set an exam for others to follow.
*example
Userlevel 3
I don´t think that Google Fit is the main problem. I use Runtastic and sync the data with Google Fit through SyncMyTracks and all information is loaded onto Fit (HR rates ,. GPS tracking..). The main problem, here is the isolating of Huawei Health data isolating as described above,
Managed to actually sync Huawei Health data to Google Fit this morning. They key was turning off health data collection in Google Fit, which then meant it only got its data from the sync.

It took a minute or two and I was in both apps so wether it auto syncs now remains to be seen.

Im only really interested in steps at the moment as these sync to my Vitality healthcare and I earn points based on steps. This is working fine now as Huawei Health syncs to Google Fit and Google Fit syncs to Vitality Health.
I've been contemplating getting a Watch GT. However, this talk of not data exports has completely put me off. The watch sounds great but if it means giving up everything else I use already, what's the point? I still with my TomTom until I'm confident I can get my data out.
Userlevel 2
Here is a hack-y workaround to get .tcx files from Huawei Health:

This is very much a temporary solution, but it is possible to access some run data by using the Huawei Backup app to backup the Huawei Health app data to your phone's SD card. You can then inspect this backup on your computer and find "HiTrack" files which contain timestamped gps and heart-rate data.

I am working on a tool that converts these "HiTrack" files to Garmin's .tcx format for sharing elsewhere. It currently works for runs and bike rides recorded on the Huawei Band 2 Pro and the Huawei Watch GT, and probably others but I have no files generated from other devices.

You can find detailed instructions on the tools GitHub page. You need to have Python 3 to be able to use the tool, but I can always build a Windows .exe if people are struggling. I'd appreciate any help in improving the tool from developers too!
Userlevel 3

This is very much a temporary solution, but it is possible to access some run data by using the Huawei Backup app to backup the Huawei Health app data to your phone's SD card. You can then inspect this backup on your computer and find "HiTrack" files which contain timestamped gps and heart-rate data.

I am working on a tool that converts these "HiTrack" files to Garmin's .tcx format for sharing elsewhere. It currently works for runs and bike rides recorded on the Huawei Band 2 Pro and the Huawei Watch GT, and probably others but I have no files generated from other devices.

You can find detailed instructions on the tools GitHub page. You need to have Python 3 to be able to use the tool, but I can always build a Windows .exe if people are struggling. I'd appreciate any help in improving the tool from developers too!

GREAT!, Thanks for sharing. I´m going to check if this kind of files are also generated with my Band 3 Pro.
Userlevel 3

That means that it would cost Huawei very little to do an export activity in the Health application.
Amazing that they do not ... 😕
Userlevel 3
I'm afraid of Huawei if is making this isolation on purpose. Maybe if they read this they could implant encryption of the data to avoid doing this.
Userlevel 3
Hahaha Can`t install Huawei Backup on muy LG G6 "error 910".
Userlevel 2
Hahaha Can`t install Huawei Backup on muy LG G6 "error 910".

Oh no! Error 910 is a classic error, there is lots of info online that might point you in the right direction for getting it installed 🤞🏻
Userlevel 3

Hahaha Can`t install Huawei Backup on muy LG G6 "error 910".Oh no! Error 910 is a classic error, there is lots of info online that might point you in the right direction for getting it installed 🤞🏻

Many thanks!

Unfortunately, I have an iPhone (doh!) so I don't think this solution would work for me.

It just seems Huawei don't want to integrate with other software developers. Or maybe they're not allowed to because of legal reasons in China.
Userlevel 3
Huawei needs to address this issue as soon as possible.
code:
how is it possible? 
huawei wants to stay alone in the smartwatch market
it is not understood how it is not possible at least to synchronize with the strava
or even that it is possible to manually extract the files so that it can be transferred to 3rd party app
please fix this or I will go back again to another brand
Userlevel 1

Unfortunately, I have an iPhone (doh!) so I don't think this solution would work for me.

It just seems Huawei don't want to integrate with other software developers. Or maybe they're not allowed to because of legal reasons in China.

Unfortunately, I have a similar problem here, although I have a Android device, Huawei Backup app isnt available to my phone. Tried another app and PC software without success.

So far i'm isolated on Huawei Health app too... And worst i want to factory reset my phone, i'm afraid i'll lose all my data.

Hi,
No not legal reasons in China because Xiaomi (Chinese major) provide Mi Fit app for various devices which syncs nicely with Google Fit (better than HH) and they provide Amazfit Watch app for various sports watches which syncs nicely with Strava. It makes me think the current concerns with Huawei and data security could have substance!
Userlevel 2

iPhone users - are you able to backup your devices to iTunes then hunt around for the Huawei Health app data in those backups? I'm afraid that I don't have an iOS device so won't be able to help, but this is probably where I'd start looking!

Unfortunately, I have a similar problem here, although I have a Android device, Huawei Backup app isnt available to my phone. Tried another app and PC software without success.

Android users for whom Huawei Backup isn't available - are you able to download the app from somewhere such as APK Mirror, or does it still not work? Failing that, rooting your phone is an option (albeit quite an extreme one). Again, I'm afraid that I don't have a non-Huawei iOS device so won't be able to help, but this is probably where I'd start looking!