Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello All!

We are sorry to hear that it is not possible to connect the Huawei Health application with Strava or other applications.

We inform you that we are going to send all this information to the proper department, so that they can be taken into account for future updates and development.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Max
Hello Max,

Which department is the proper department?

Thanks,

Ari

Hi Ari,

That would be the Research & Development department. 🙂
This really needs to be fix... Been using Strava for a while now and am very surprised Huawei cannot get their Pro watch to sync with such a popular app.

I'll give it a few months then will have to leave huawei

Any advice from Huawei or reasons to stay would be greatly appropriated
or if anyone has got there watches to sync with Strava would also help.
Userlevel 1
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

Hello Max,

This suggestion / request has been passed to the development team a while ago already.
Did the development team informed any deadline to make this improvement?
Or did they informed any feedback about this issue?

Any update would be great 😀

Thx,
Userlevel 2
Here is a hack-y workaround to get .tcx files from Huawei Health:

This is very much a temporary solution, but it is possible to access some run data by using the Huawei Backup app to backup the Huawei Health app data to your phone's SD card. You can then inspect this backup on your computer and find "HiTrack" files which contain timestamped gps and heart-rate data.

I am working on a tool that converts these "HiTrack" files to Garmin's .tcx format for sharing elsewhere. It currently works for runs and bike rides recorded on the Huawei Band 2 Pro and the Huawei Watch GT, and probably others but I have no files generated from other devices.

You can find detailed instructions on the tools GitHub page. You need to have Python 3 to be able to use the tool, but I can always build a Windows .exe if people are struggling. I'd appreciate any help in improving the tool from developers too!
Userlevel 3
I'm afraid of Huawei if is making this isolation on purpose. Maybe if they read this they could implant encryption of the data to avoid doing this.
Userlevel 4
Signing a petition to get a feature that all others have, this is what I call GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Signed the petition but regardless of the outcome I'm never getting a huawei product again, because customer service is as important as the product.

adnanBIH, forget the Honor and get something from a company that values it's customers.
Userlevel 1
Are Huawei, very simply, going to allow their clearly otherwise very good add and wearables (band 3 Pro) to sync to the planets most popular fitness apps such as Strava?

The difference is 'yes' and I keep my new Huawei purchase.
Or
'No' and the word spreads that Huawei wearables are pointless and I and many many others send them back.
I must say I have never before seen such a blatant disregard of questions and issues from a big company. I am just about to throw my brand new a2 pro band to the garbage and buy something that actually works. THIS is unacceptable. No integration to other products, the app itself while very nicely done lacks basic features (most importantly it does not even offer anything fitness related) ...
If you are from Europe and you want an armband message me or I will just give it to first homeless guy. What am I supposed to do with this piece of ** and this ** support?

Luckily I was not a sucker and didn't splash for a watch.

BTW me or anyone I ever come into contact with will never buy anything Huawei related ever again.
Userlevel 3
I've only had the band 3 pro for 2 months and am already tired of hearing that Huawei will fix the problems highlighted on this forum. It's been highlighted for over a year with zero improvements for integration of all the data to other apps. They won't even allow the data to be exported to Excel. This should be basic software coding
I'm planning to leave feedback on lots of sites such as Amazon so people know the data export limitations of the whole Huawei fitness range.

I'm too late to return the product but will be moving to Garmin at some point in the future.
Hi, I'm wrote to say I'm a the most recent owner of a "cool watch".

I saw many reviews in internet, a lot of opinion before buy a Honor Band 4.

The question nobody tell me is TOTALLY INCOMPATIBLE WITH ALL APPS IN THE MARKET. Why I buy a Band that just work with Huawei Health? I'm feel totally stupid.

Now I'm looking in internet to found way to convert to Strava, fitbit, sleep as android, but I really believe that will finish with my 4 years old girl will gain a "cool watch" to play with his dolls.
Userlevel 4
So, today I've sent an email to Unbox Therapy and hope thay make a video about the subjuct so people are informed of the lack of this feature, I also left comments about this topic on video reviews of the new watch gt2 (with link to the petition), hope word gets out to more people.

P.S. I've also made a copy of the topic in case Huawei decides to delete this thread .
Userlevel 1
Max wrote:Hello,
I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.
Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.
I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.
Best wishes,Max

What is the timeframe for this Max? 2-3 years? Or... like never??
Userlevel 3
Waiting for something that will not happen is not patience, it is foolishness.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Prove me wrong Huawei.
Hello Any Huawei Rep in here, can we know if this is going anywhere?

I just bought a 200$ watch, and the watch itself seems very well made,
but without integrations is just a "cool watch" , and I imagine plenty of the people on this thread switched to another brand, just because of this issue, something I myself will do if no answer is given here.
Userlevel 3
@ccerrato , yes the watch is real great, I real like it and according to me there is no reason to change anything on the watch. I don't want strava or other any other app on the watch, the watch logs and sends its data to the app then it is the app responsibility to integrate with 3-rd party apps and provide gpx import/export (that is also how garmin do it). My issue is with the health app which lacks this feature which is easy to implement (gpx import/export). I'm attaching a picture of how samsung do it in their health app. BTW, huawei health app doesn't show the weather data like samsung/garmin do.

P.S. I usualy run 6 days of the week from 5km to a half marathon.

👍I agree with you, for me exporting to gpx would also be a solution because I could upload the activity to another platform that I chose, including Strava.
Logically it is a problem of the Health application not of the smartwwatch.
Userlevel 3
Hello,

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

Best wishes,
Max

Max, what are the features and when will they be introduced?
Userlevel 3
I cant belive that. Huawei service answers like a old ape sitting on the desk.
I own the Watch GT since 3 days and feel betrayed. You cant compare your workouts in this crap app. You cant export your data to do this in other services.
A temporary solution maybe to try SyncMyTracks app. I've always found it good for forcing integrations.
It does not currently support Huawei Health, but does support Google Fit, so that link would need to be robust first (looking at some of the posts in this thread, that may not be the case).
However, if your HH data is accurately transfered to Google Fit, then SyncMyTracks can push it to many supported ecosystems, including Strava, Garmin, Fitbit.
I don't have a Huawei device to test, but am researching to purchase, so interested in this thread, and more interested to see if anyone could try it out, and report back.
There's a free version of SyncMyTracks, as well as a modestly priced paid version.
Come on HUAWEI, any fitness wearable without ability to sync with STRAVA is useless / pointless, and HW GT Active should be your flagship in sport oriented smart watches?!?!?
I got a watch gt from my dad who bought the p30. However the sync really sucks.. It's just steps to Google. I'm hoping for an open API where everything (steps, hr, GPS, sleep) can be synced.

Otherwise this just sucks and i should get a fitbit.
Userlevel 3
A temporary solution maybe to try SyncMyTracks app. I've always found it good for forcing integrations.
It does not currently support Huawei Health, but does support Google Fit, so that link would need to be robust first (looking at some of the posts in this thread, that may not be the case).
However, if your HH data is accurately transfered to Google Fit, then SyncMyTracks can push it to many supported ecosystems, including Strava, Garmin, Fitbit.
I don't have a Huawei device to test, but am researching to purchase, so interested in this thread, and more interested to see if anyone could try it out, and report back.
There's a free version of SyncMyTracks, as well as a modestly priced paid version.

Thanks for the tip. I have a Huawei band 3 PRO and SyncMytracks and the main problem is that only few information is synced between Huawei Health and Google Fit. For example HR rates and GPS track is not synced so this information is not accesible on SyncmyTracks.

Huawei has a big problem with that. Good hardware with horrible sports tracking software. I am starting to think that they want to have all this data only for them an not share with others (outside China).

I don´t think that data export will be so complicated. I am seeing this in hundreds of apps with significant smaller companies behind them.
Userlevel 1
It seems that there is very interesting project on the GitHub. Maybe Huawei could buy this application and keep developing it!
Huawei TCX Converter

A makeshift python tool that generates TCX files from Huawei HiTrack files.
Users of Huawei Watches/Bands sync their fitness data with the Huawei Health App. It is notoriously difficult to get the data out of this app, but through some cunning you can find
code:
HiTrack
files which seem to contain some run data. This program allows you to take these files and generate
code:
.TCX
files for use in your tracking app of choice (e.g. Strava). The outputted
code:
.TCX
files will contain timestamped GPS, altitude, heart-rate, and cadence data where available.
In the new Huawei health China beta "HiHealthApp9.0.5.305-china-beta.apk" there is a new option "Save GPS Files" in the watch menu.

Not tested
Agreed, there needs to be a reliable and accurate link to Google Fit. To be fair, I've tried numerous trackers that claim to integrate with Fit, but have never had one that works correctly. I blame Google for that though, I think Google Fit is an awful piece of software. It is never in sync. It can take hours for an activity to appear - why, and what is the point. The latest activity on my home screen is normally about my 5th or 6th last activity, and can sometimes be days old. A time stamp for the activity is shown but not the date!!! You have to click into the activity to see the date. I wonder if its ever been tested. The journal page shows a later activities, but so hit and miss it is not fit (excuse the pun) for purpose. I have a blood pressure monitor that links to fit but it only syncs my pulse and not my blood pressure!! Figure that one out.
I'm seriously thinking of moving back to apple to use health, as it is a much more attractive solution as a health and fitness hub than Google Fit. The thing that puts me off is the expensive and overpriced hardware. Lovw the option of low cost and variety of Android devices on offer. I'm even toying with a cheap ipod touch and connecting on my health devices and accounts to that to use at home.
I think Google need to pull their finger out as a starter for 10, and set an exam for others to follow.
Userlevel 1
@Max any news on this matter?