Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

Userlevel 1
It still isn't seamless. When you go Huawei Health to Google Fit, fit seems to still do weird stuff partitioning the data and loses some of it.

Mine went over to Strava but sometimes partitioned into 1 minute intervals, so loads of files and didn't keep the GPS track or heart rate data.

Thanks Kiran, I am throwing in the towel on this one. I might come back to Huawei wareables in the future when they've sorted things out but this is a waste of time. Cheers
Userlevel 3
Hola @Strogauk@Strogauk , su sugerencia ha sido registrada y ha sido @StrogaukUn equipo de análisis de requisitos. Gracias por sus valiosas sugerencias.@Strogauk
Hopefully do the development in the Health app. Their sports devices will be revalued by 10-20% in the market.
For those who practice sports, it is essential!! 👍
Userlevel 3
In the new Huawei health China beta "HiHealthApp9.0.5.305-china-beta.apk" there is a new option "Save GPS Files" in the watch menu.

Not tested

Humm, interesting. Thanks for the info. Now we have to know if the info exported is only de GPX file with the GPS data info or includes heartrate info aswell.
Userlevel 3
Please, Add integration with other apps like Runtastic, Strava etc..AL least GPX export. Without Ii the device will be only valid for casual sport. More serious training need this features.

Regards
OK, guys, I went through all the messages around the thread - looks like we are just wasting our time.
Let me give U a hint why I am convinced that integration feature in Huawei health is never gonna be implemented:
1) if U install huawei health on non-huawei device, it appears there with a reduced functionality, namely, you cannot even sync U data in the app;
2) the feature was requested almost a year ago and there were just formal responses to damp our displeasure;
3) the feature is very simple to implement, very broadly used by other brands and one must be very naive to believe that it's missing is just a bad luck and being just overlooked by the company;
To summarize: the missing feature is in accordance with some company's strategy and looks like it is not gonna be implemented in the near future. With new tensions with US the chance is even less probable because the company will concentrate efforts on its operating system. The company's policy is the following: do great hardware things, advertise and aggressively sell it and never give a fuck about its usability, tiny user features etc.
There seems to be only one way on how to fix the issue. Here is the tutorial:
1) make a backup of Ur Huawei health data;
2) sell out Ur Huawei products;
3) buy a new brand products (garmin, fitbit, xiaomi etc.)
4) forgot about Huawei health and never ever get trapped Ur data in this blackhole that does sync Ur data, but U cannot watch it (export it, use it, analyze it... - Ur own data);
On top of all, Huawei provide 5 Gb of Huawei cloud space - for what?:) Why U cannot put Huawei health sync data there?
Userlevel 4
Just get rid of the huawei products and problem solved 😉, it's obvious they don't care about the customers and their feedback. Worst company ever on my list, just spread the word , stay away from their products (many many alternatives), and let them go the way of nokia( they were leaders once who failed to adapt to customer demands).
Userlevel 3
Here is a hack-y workaround to get .tcx files from Huawei Health:

This is very much a temporary solution, but it is possible to access some run data by using the Huawei Backup app to backup the Huawei Health app data to your phone's SD card. You can then inspect this backup on your computer and find "HiTrack" files which contain timestamped gps and heart-rate data.

I am working on a tool that converts these "HiTrack" files to Garmin's .tcx format for sharing elsewhere. It currently works for runs and bike rides recorded on the Huawei Band 2 Pro and the Huawei Watch GT, and probably others but I have no files generated from other devices.

You can find detailed instructions on the tools GitHub page. You need to have Python 3 to be able to use the tool, but I can always build a Windows .exe if people are struggling. I'd appreciate any help in improving the tool from developers too!

GREAT!, Thanks for sharing. I´m going to check if this kind of files are also generated with my Band 3 Pro.
Userlevel 3
Here is a hack-y workaround to get .tcx files from Huawei Health:

This is very much a temporary solution, but it is possible to access some run data by using the Huawei Backup app to backup the Huawei Health app data to your phone's SD card. You can then inspect this backup on your computer and find "HiTrack" files which contain timestamped gps and heart-rate data.

I am working on a tool that converts these "HiTrack" files to Garmin's .tcx format for sharing elsewhere. It currently works for runs and bike rides recorded on the Huawei Band 2 Pro and the Huawei Watch GT, and probably others but I have no files generated from other devices.

You can find detailed instructions on the tools GitHub page. You need to have Python 3 to be able to use the tool, but I can always build a Windows .exe if people are struggling. I'd appreciate any help in improving the tool from developers too!

That means that it would cost Huawei very little to do an export activity in the Health application.
Amazing that they do not ... 😕
Come on, give it a go! Nowadays no-one would like to be locked to one fitness tracking service only. Add at least Strava.
Userlevel 1
Remember to email the CEO. There's a link in the Huawei site to do so! Everyone email her (or him). Every day!!

Https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo
Userlevel 2
Hahaha Can`t install Huawei Backup on muy LG G6 "error 910".

Oh no! Error 910 is a classic error, there is lots of info online that might point you in the right direction for getting it installed 🤞🏻
Userlevel 2
Unfortunately, I have an iPhone (doh!) so I don't think this solution would work for me.

iPhone users - are you able to backup your devices to iTunes then hunt around for the Huawei Health app data in those backups? I'm afraid that I don't have an iOS device so won't be able to help, but this is probably where I'd start looking!

Unfortunately, I have a similar problem here, although I have a Android device, Huawei Backup app isnt available to my phone. Tried another app and PC software without success.

Android users for whom Huawei Backup isn't available - are you able to download the app from somewhere such as APK Mirror, or does it still not work? Failing that, rooting your phone is an option (albeit quite an extreme one). Again, I'm afraid that I don't have a non-Huawei iOS device so won't be able to help, but this is probably where I'd start looking!
Managed to actually sync Huawei Health data to Google Fit this morning. They key was turning off health data collection in Google Fit, which then meant it only got its data from the sync.

It took a minute or two and I was in both apps so wether it auto syncs now remains to be seen.

Im only really interested in steps at the moment as these sync to my Vitality healthcare and I earn points based on steps. This is working fine now as Huawei Health syncs to Google Fit and Google Fit syncs to Vitality Health.
Userlevel 3

Hahaha Can`t install Huawei Backup on muy LG G6 "error 910".Oh no! Error 910 is a classic error, there is lots of info online that might point you in the right direction for getting it installed 🤞🏻

Many thanks!

BIG news! Having found my perfect method for getting sleep data into the GF database (see my earlier post), as of this morning's GF app update, I can now see 'sleep' in the Journal of my GF app on my mobile! :D

Interesting to note that one of the sleep records is marked 'Health' when I know for a fact that Huawei Health is in no way linked to this record, it having come from Notify & Fitness / Mi Band 2 synced (on a separate device) to GF cloud database whilst my Huawei Watch 2 Classic was charging overnight.
Userlevel 5
Badge

You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync
That does not work, also when it worked googlefit did not collect health activities.

We have to put pressure with this theme to Huawei, it is incredible that they want to sell a sports product and can not export even to .gpx, strava or any service. 😡

They should know that they would sell a lot more with just that addition.

That is why I no longer use HH on my watch 2 due to losing my past history when switching devices or needing to perform a factory reset.
Userlevel 2
Yeah, unfortunately stuck with it which means I cant even use data to get Vitality points from the HR.

Hope they allow more apps to sync in the future or allow 3rd parties to develop apps for it.

F
Userlevel 2
You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync
Userlevel 4
@rw.naas the health app is a mess, their QA is non existent, example is the latest update to the health app, I can't turn on continuous heart rate monitoring on the GT watch, when I revert back to the old version it works perfectly (tried it several times, so I'm not updating), and there are a lot of other issues, but I'M NOT GOING TO WAST my time to report them as nobody is listening and doing anything. In my opinion the whole company is a mess due to the USA restriction (do a research, even their CEO's give conflicting info on topics), so don't expect that this issue will be fixed or that you'll get a straight answer. After 2-3 weeks, someone will give a standard (if any) reply i.e. we are considering your request, we are working on new features bla bla bla ....

P.S. my gt watch is currently sitting on the shelf, I don't use it for tracking as for me without export/import of data it's useless, I've even gone back to wearing the garmin fenix 3 everyday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thanks, @ramtec! Looks great. 🙂 Please keep us informed on your findings, we're curious. 🔎
Currently experimenting with:https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/
The above app has allowed synchronisation of all Google Fit data to Strava, including data that come from Huawei Health app.

NB: Huawei Health on Apple iOS

I tried the above solution on iPhone, and synced from Apple Health, but Huawei have not even implemented sync of "Activities" from Huawei Health to Apple Health. Huawei only syncs steps, pulse and sleep data.

Huawei, please implement support for Walking, Running and Cycling activities as most other Apps with Apple Health Kit support does,
or even better, implement native support for strava and GPX exports.

Kit:
iPhone 8 IOS 12.3
Huawei Watch GT
Userlevel 4
Badge
Watching this question has been quite depressing. Problems that are obvious bugs are not dealt with and the last update has made things worse: now even the stats on the app home screen do not reflect the actual data from my honor band 4.

To the staff on the forum: stop saying that "your suggestions will be sent to the proper department", we need a list of what will be fixed in the app and the expected time of arrival of each fix. That's the least that Huawei should do, unless you don't care about your brand. As it stands now, the next time I will choose any competitor to Huawei, since the product I bought from this brand is having little to no purpose due to the lack of proper support.

I agree 100%. I found that uninstalling the Health app and reinstalling an older version has fixed the recently broken issues you refer to.
Userlevel 4
There is also an issue with outdoor run activities, they are synced to google fit as walking and are merge with the other steps (last checked 5-6 days ago). There seems to be many issues with this app, do they even test it ? Don't they have at least one person on the team that actually does sports (running/swimming etc.) ?
Userlevel 3
Still No news of Strava integration 😞
Userlevel 5
Fitbit integrated with Strava, still cheaper than Garmin. also they looking to customer satisfaction.
Fitbits customer service is shocking. They look at any way to wriggle out of honouring warranty