Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 234 replies

Show first post

234 replies

Userlevel 1
Huawei please add integrations with popular apps such as Strava and also put more ways to export the health data and GPS (in popular formats such as TCX / GPX) for users.

Users want access to their data, especially health data, so make it easy for them! You will be repaid with more user loyalty and ultimately more sales and more popular products.

Please spend more time to improve the Huawei health app and the backup app so that it is improved over time. Please show you are making the effort to do this.
Gt active is an amazing watch, but no strava is a major turn down 😢 Please fix this!
Userlevel 1
Gt active is an amazing watch, but no strava is a major turn down 😢 Please fix this!
@aricooperdavis has created this tool https://github.com/aricooperdavis/Huawei-TCX-Converter which anyone can use and contribute to (with programming skills). This allows conversion of the data into a format that can be imported into Strava, but Huawei need to also make this, easy, automated and built into their products please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
Hello,

After 18 month on honor 9 with honor band 3, I juste change my phone...and lose ALL MY DATAS !!!
Is there a way to get the data on HH on honor 9 to get them into HH on my new mobile ??

I can't believe there is no way to keep our datas, even if we stay in the same app...

Best
Audrey
Userlevel 1
Hello,

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

Hello Max,

This suggestion / request has been passed to the development team a while ago already.
Did the development team informed any deadline to make this improvement?
Or did they informed any feedback about this issue?

Any update would be great 😀

Thx,
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @Alanvf ,

Thanks for your patience on this. As you can imagine, there are a lot of variables and priorities the various teams have, so it's difficult to know exactly and update everyone on things. We don't want to end up disappointing folks etc. However, I'm sure if you keep an eye on the community, you'll see when other members start to see and developments roll out.
Still no useful feedback re Strava integration. Would be happy even if we could buy an app to integrate data.
Unfortunately tired of waiting so now leaving to use an old Garmin.
Such a shame as I love the watch (GT) but HH app alone is so lacking for running stats, compared to others like Strava.
Will keep the watch and hope they fix this soon and then may return.
Userlevel 1
Max, Danjl etc.
As this post has been live for 4 months and you have sent on the requests to the development department, it would be much appriciated to get another reply rather than "Thanks for bringing this to us, we will pass the suggestions".

If you claim to be a active forum with real ties to the development department, then claiming that there are alot of variables and request and that you can't give any updates on one of the main features for all fitness products, gives no help apart from perhaps provide a source of aggrevation to the people given the suggestions.

A suggestion would atleast to get some form of feedback after 4 months, such as a recipent and early response from the "relevant department" that they have recieved the information and that they:
1) Are currently working on the feature and will release it in X months
2) Are actively working on the feature but have no information to give on release date
3) Have recieved the requests and will start working on it within x months
4) have recieved the requests and its piled upon the rest of the wanted features and there are no active plans on getting the features in to the app.

That would helpful, instead of trying to find your posts in the thread only to find them to be AI-responses of different versions of "THANKS! WE HAVE FORWARED THE REQUEST".
Userlevel 1
Also, do you have a link on where I can see the firmware update log? Would be great to see what features are included in the new versions.

Thanks! 🙂
Currently experimenting with:
https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/

The above app has allowed synchronisation of all Google Fit data to Strava, including data that come from Huawei Health app.

Some tips:
Add Google Fit as source of data, then delete anything you don't need [e.g. there will be walks, runs and rides added automatically and walks can be 0 seconds and 0 distance]. Then sync it to a service required. It seems to load all the data [there is no way to select a period, so you will get all the data from your account for previous years also]. You can export the data into files, if required, which is much easier than going via backup route.

I definitely would prefer native support, especially in view of not being able to export my own data as Huawei backup app only works on Huawei devices and requesting own data takes up to 3 days [and I assume some use of robotics/human power to create an export for me].

Kit:
Phone: Google Pixel 2
Wearable: Huawei Band 2 Pro

Huawei Health
Google Fit
Strava
Currently experimenting with:https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/
The above app has allowed synchronisation of all Google Fit data to Strava, including data that come from Huawei Health app.

NB: Huawei Health on Apple iOS

I tried the above solution on iPhone, and synced from Apple Health, but Huawei have not even implemented sync of "Activities" from Huawei Health to Apple Health. Huawei only syncs steps, pulse and sleep data.

Huawei, please implement support for Walking, Running and Cycling activities as most other Apps with Apple Health Kit support does,
or even better, implement native support for strava and GPX exports.

Kit:
iPhone 8 IOS 12.3
Huawei Watch GT
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello,

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
I recently received the Watch GT as a birthday gift and am really impressed BUT, unlike my previous two fitness watches (both Garmin), with Huawei I can't export the data to any other service, or to my own PC where I've used apps such as SportsTracks and similar to collate data.

Please add in a way of exporting the health data files (ALL data - for example, heart rate data doesn't transfer to Google Fit) from the phone app, e.g. via USB or similar, or syncing to other services. Otherwise you're just a poor second place to many other health apps and fitness devices.
Userlevel 1
I don't get it!!! Whats the problem to activate a sync to Strava? Just start to build!!!

https://developers.strava.com
Watching this question has been quite depressing. Problems that are obvious bugs are not dealt with and the last update has made things worse: now even the stats on the app home screen do not reflect the actual data from my honor band 4.

To the staff on the forum: stop saying that "your suggestions will be sent to the proper department", we need a list of what will be fixed in the app and the expected time of arrival of each fix. That's the least that Huawei should do, unless you don't care about your brand. As it stands now, the next time I will choose any competitor to Huawei, since the product I bought from this brand is having little to no purpose due to the lack of proper support.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Watching this question has been quite depressing. Problems that are obvious bugs are not dealt with and the last update has made things worse: now even the stats on the app home screen do not reflect the actual data from my honor band 4.

To the staff on the forum: stop saying that "your suggestions will be sent to the proper department", we need a list of what will be fixed in the app and the expected time of arrival of each fix. That's the least that Huawei should do, unless you don't care about your brand. As it stands now, the next time I will choose any competitor to Huawei, since the product I bought from this brand is having little to no purpose due to the lack of proper support.

I agree 100%. I found that uninstalling the Health app and reinstalling an older version has fixed the recently broken issues you refer to.
Userlevel 1
Same problem here. Helth app is quite useless. It is not sharing any HR data to Google Fit and stepcount data shared to My Fitness Pal (MFP) is wrong.

Huawei report energy in calories (small c) so their data shows energy figures as (for example) 300 kcal (300,000 calories). MFP report energy in Calories ( capital C = kcal). So when Huawei export calories that is imported by MFP as Calories, but unfortunately it is therefore a factor of x1000 too big.

How it is possible that the Health app is not working such for a long time? What actually is doing the development/support team?

I'm considering switching to a more compliant device like Fitbit Charge 3. @carguy143 which version did you installed? it is properly sharing HR and stepcount data to Google Fit?
Userlevel 4
Badge
@vanquish I installed version 9.0.4.387 as that seems to work best for allowing my Mate 20 Pro and Watch 2 to sync. As for Google Fit, it doesn't look like it syncs any data as the only heart rate data I see on Google fit is when I tested it on my watch yesterday. My weight also doesn't sync from the health app with Google Fit. I also use a Huawei Smart Scale..
Userlevel 1
@carguy143 Thank you for letting me know. I hope they fix as sonn as possible, it is not possible that data is not properly shared accross the apps. WIthout Google Fit and/or MyFiteness Pal data share, for me Health app is quite useless.

Furthermore it hasn't any profile to trace weightlifting workouts.
Userlevel 3
Waiting for something that will not happen is not patience, it is foolishness.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Prove me wrong Huawei.
Come on HUAWEI, any fitness wearable without ability to sync with STRAVA is useless / pointless, and HW GT Active should be your flagship in sport oriented smart watches?!?!?
Userlevel 1
@Max any news on this matter?
please Huawei, support for Strava already!!

the watch gt sport is excellent but without the strava integration it loses a lot
please Huawei, support for Strava already!!

the watch gt sport is excellent but without the strava integration it loses a lot

Totally agree. Such a shame, the GT has a good build / style and GPS without the clutter of other smart watches. Potential to be a really good sports watch that looks like a normal watch for people who don't need /want the other smart functionality.....however without integration to Apps like Strava it's really limiting the appeal and will lose out to others in my opinion. I want to use this watch more but my old Garmin is winning out because of the Strava ability. Unless this is added my next watch will be a new Garmin rather than staying with Huawei GT. Really feel we need a better response and feedback. Is our request being heard? Is it likely to happen or not so we can make an informed choice on future watches.