Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Show first post

235 replies

Hi

I bought the new Pro30 bundled with the GT watch. Im very happy with the Pro30. I will receive my GT watch today. Ive used fitness trackers on my Samsung watches and phones for years. So if I cant integrate my new Huawei GT watch with other apps like the Samsung S health then I will sell my Huawei GT watch immediately. Im using the S health app on my P30 together with my current Samsung watch and this works.
I got a watch gt from my dad who bought the p30. However the sync really sucks.. It's just steps to Google. I'm hoping for an open API where everything (steps, hr, GPS, sleep) can be synced.

Otherwise this just sucks and i should get a fitbit.
Userlevel 1
@Amy @Max can any staff member say something? How it is possible that after six months the app is still not sharing days to Google fit or MyFitness Pal? When it will be fixed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I'm really sorry but I don't have any news to share with you all. @Max is from our support team and he will pass the suggestions to our development team. We do read everything and try to forward as much as possible to the teams.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

I'm really sorry but I don't have any news to share with you all. @Max is from our support team and he will pass the suggestions to our development team. We do read everything and try to forward as much as possible to the teams.

@Amy thank you for replying. Please speed up this fix, It is quite incredible that 6 months have been passed, several versions of the app have been released, and none of them has fixed this serious malfunction.

I've bought the pro band 2 exclusively to sync my data (hr and stepcount) with Google Fit (that shares it to MyFiteness Pal) in order to keep tracking of my weightlifter sessions.

Actually, instead, it is quite useless, I have to manually enter data on 3rd party apps. I've been patient all these months waiting for Huawei to fix it, but no one seems to care. For me it is quite unacceptable that this foundamental feature has not been working for such a long time.
Guys, does anyone know what the Huawei Drive synchronization should do? Does that work at least? I just bought a Band 3 Pro, the data is in the Healt App (using iPhone 6) but not in the cloud.

As I see now synchronization can be a big problem, which is completely unacceptable, and I would not have bought this smart band, if I know about this, and naturally I will tell to everyone, that even though the device coudl be awesome, it is practically useless right now and a big waste of money.
Wow.. I was going to buy a Band 3 Pro because it really seemed an excellent product.. Luckily I found this thread before 😂

Not giving the ability to sync up to services like Strava is a real shame and demonstrates Huawei's lack of interest on their customers needs.

I hope it gets implemented soon, so then I might buy one 🙂
Userlevel 1
There is been 5 months and all the information provided was some several "suggestions will be passed to our development team", for a problem that affects most part of the smart watches and bands line, if not all.
The problem @gazsi3 mentioned will also affect me when i change my (aged) smartphone. I was looking on a Huawei phone aswell, because of the great quality, but it's better to look into forums to check on problemas like this, the lack of essential funcionalities for most people.
Userlevel 3
Huawei is betting on promoting this watch and its operating system by taking many versions with different straps and dial, there are even different versions for honor.
It is clear that it is oriented to sports because as soon as smartwatch the options are limited and I think it is a correct choice.
Therefore it is not understood that such an important effort in trying to enter the sports market leaves out the synchronization to Strava or the export to gpx. I think it is totally incongruous to bet on something strong and fail on the basics.
Userlevel 1
So when it will be integrated? Endomondo to Huawei for synch? Or any other option? Or give us option for export valid. gpx file for export, than we can import it to other apps.
Userlevel 1
I am selling my Huawei Watch GT. It's great hardware, long battery life, but unusable because of the software being extremely limited. Garmin works much better for me, I have my stats in Garmin Connect, but can easily export it to virtually any other service like Strava.

It seems something so simple to implement, I don't believe this is not available because lack of capacity from the development team, it's more like a decision from Huawei not to export data, maybe they think the users will be more loyal like this, as you can't move away from Huawei Health... With me, it worked the other way around!
Userlevel 1
Loyalty came with freedom, not with jail. Wake up guys and implement export gpx, to future release, if not I will go away from huawei devices.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy @Max can any staff member say something? How it is possible that after six months the app is still not sharing days to Google fit or MyFitness Pal? When it will be fixed?
It won't be fixed, same issues on the Watch 1 & 2 which have been there for over a year. The option in the app to sync to MyFitnessPal does not work and MyFitnessPal have stated they do not sync Huawei data.
Now that Google revoked Huawei rights to the Play Store, is there any chance that we will see an update that fixes Huawei Health?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Now that Google revoked Huawei rights to the Play Store, is there any chance that we will see an update that fixes Huawei Health?
I don't think we will, huawei even stopped providing security updates for their watches last year

i'm waiting to see if we receive the wearos update on the watch 2, prior to the announcement i got it on my watch 1, but still waiting on it for my watch 2
Userlevel 3
Still No news of Strava integration 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge
You will never get it, if they were going to do it they would have done it by now. They've had chance with the watch 1 & 2 which would have been easy to do and they never did.
Userlevel 3
Yeah, sadly I think we will never have such features. Its a shame because the hardware is very good.
Userlevel 5
Badge
This is why I've ditched Huawei Health and just have my watch 1 & 2 linked to Google Fit and Wear OS.

It does mean no more historical sleep data for my watch 2, but it's a compromise I'm willing to accept
well
I have already figured out how to solve the integration problem with Strava!

sold my smartwatch in the marketplace and bought a garmin

by by honor / Huawei
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

A moderator pointed me to this response as the best answer for integration questions. An answer should provide a resolution. This response is not a resolution and is therefore not an answer to the numerous requests from your various customers.
To the moderator, take a look across all your fitness tracker customer responses, you will see frustration across the whole range. Some frustration comes from the fact the software is not for for purpose. Some frustration comes from unhelpful responses like this.
Userlevel 3

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
A moderator pointed me to this response as the best answer for integration questions. An answer should provide a resolution. This response is not a resolution and is therefore not an answer to the numerous requests from your various customers.
To the moderator, take a look across all your fitness tracker customer responses, you will see frustration across the whole range. Some frustration comes from the fact the software is not for for purpose. Some frustration comes from unhelpful responses like this.

Totally agree. An acceptable answer should indicate:
- Yes / No is planned to implement it.
- If implemented, it will be short / medium / long term.

In the case that they will not do it, we will stop having false hopes and frustrations. We would already know what the product can offer for good and for bad.
Userlevel 5
Badge
they've been saying things will be implemented for months, even from the original watch 1 and they still haven't done it, so the best answer is irrelevant (if you check the forum a lot of the best answers are from the mods themselves which provide no value or reassurance to the end user)

i'm waiting to see if google release a watch and then i'll be switching

end users need to realise that Huawei make excellent hardware, but its fully let down by the software and integrations with other products.
Userlevel 1
well
I have already figured out how to solve the integration problem with Strava!

sold my smartwatch in the marketplace and bought a garmin

by by honor / Huawei

same here... and it was a pitty, as I really liked the watch, hardware wise.
Come on, give it a go! Nowadays no-one would like to be locked to one fitness tracking service only. Add at least Strava.