Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 218 replies

Show first post

218 replies

Userlevel 3
@ccerrato , yes the watch is real great, I real like it and according to me there is no reason to change anything on the watch. I don't want strava or other any other app on the watch, the watch logs and sends its data to the app then it is the app responsibility to integrate with 3-rd party apps and provide gpx import/export (that is also how garmin do it). My issue is with the health app which lacks this feature which is easy to implement (gpx import/export). I'm attaching a picture of how samsung do it in their health app. BTW, huawei health app doesn't show the weather data like samsung/garmin do.

P.S. I usualy run 6 days of the week from 5km to a half marathon.

👍I agree with you, for me exporting to gpx would also be a solution because I could upload the activity to another platform that I chose, including Strava.
Logically it is a problem of the Health application not of the smartwwatch.
Userlevel 1
+1
Userlevel 1
+1
Userlevel 1
It seems that there is very interesting project on the GitHub. Maybe Huawei could buy this application and keep developing it!
Huawei TCX Converter

A makeshift python tool that generates TCX files from Huawei HiTrack files.
Users of Huawei Watches/Bands sync their fitness data with the Huawei Health App. It is notoriously difficult to get the data out of this app, but through some cunning you can find
code:
HiTrack
files which seem to contain some run data. This program allows you to take these files and generate
code:
.TCX
files for use in your tracking app of choice (e.g. Strava). The outputted
code:
.TCX
files will contain timestamped GPS, altitude, heart-rate, and cadence data where available.
I've heard that Huawei already finished the development of this product. I don't expect any new features 😞
Userlevel 1
I've heard that Huawei already finished the development of this product. I don't expect any new features :-(
This is not related to any particular device, this is related to the Health application and its ability to interchange data with other services.
Userlevel 3
Just get rid of the huawei products and problem solved 😉, it's obvious they don't care about the customers and their feedback. Worst company ever on my list, just spread the word , stay away from their products (many many alternatives), and let them go the way of nokia( they were leaders once who failed to adapt to customer demands).
Ok, now i have waited since December 2018 for my Huwei GT watch or Huawei Health to be syncable with Strava.

Update after update the integration update seems never to be prioritized by Huawei, which is very bad because i really love the product.

Huawei, i demand you to answer us if this update is coming or not? the moderators here are giving false hope to faithful user's by not giving direct answers!
Userlevel 3
@rw.naas the health app is a mess, their QA is non existent, example is the latest update to the health app, I can't turn on continuous heart rate monitoring on the GT watch, when I revert back to the old version it works perfectly (tried it several times, so I'm not updating), and there are a lot of other issues, but I'M NOT GOING TO WAST my time to report them as nobody is listening and doing anything. In my opinion the whole company is a mess due to the USA restriction (do a research, even their CEO's give conflicting info on topics), so don't expect that this issue will be fixed or that you'll get a straight answer. After 2-3 weeks, someone will give a standard (if any) reply i.e. we are considering your request, we are working on new features bla bla bla ....

P.S. my gt watch is currently sitting on the shelf, I don't use it for tracking as for me without export/import of data it's useless, I've even gone back to wearing the garmin fenix 3 everyday.
Userlevel 3
New watch GT 2 model, great hardware but same isolated health app. In a few months Im going to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 and get rid of mi band 3 pro. Bye huawei...
Userlevel 4
New watch GT 2 model, great hardware but same isolated health app. In a few months Im going to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 and get rid of mi band 3 pro. Bye huawei...
Yes such a shame, in a few weeks the forum will be inundated with more poor souls let down by the watch GT2.

Why don't they listen?
Userlevel 3

New watch GT 2 model, great hardware but same isolated health app. In a few months Im going to purchase a Samsung Galaxy Active 2 and get rid of mi band 3 pro. Bye huawei...Yes such a shame, in a few weeks the forum will be inundated with more poor souls let down by the watch GT2.

Why don't they listen?

I really think that is an issue with China Goverment or something similar the they want our data and don´t want to share it with any other country.

I have just purchased a Galaxy Active 2 44mm. Arrives on monday and I will give the Huawei Smartband to my wife.

Strava, here we go!! 🙂
Userlevel 4
At the moment I use a Fitbit for my workouts, links easily to Strava. The GT is much better looking though and more reliable in terms of notifications etc, so at the moment I'm running around with two trackers which is silly.

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 last week thinking it could replace the two. Load of crap, screen was rubbish and battery life even worse. I returned in after two days.
Userlevel 3
At the moment I use a Fitbit for my workouts, links easily to Strava. The GT is much better looking though and more reliable in terms of notifications etc, so at the moment I'm running around with two trackers which is silly.

I bought a Garmin Vivoactive 3 last week thinking it could replace the two. Load of crap, screen was rubbish and battery life even worse. I returned in after two days.

Check the Active 2. I think that today is the best watch to pair with an Android phone. Battery 2 complete days whith all features activated, new HR sensor , ECG, good GPS... I think it worth a try.

We can open a thread here for the galaxy 2 active. At least we make this forum useful hahaha
Huawei, what is happening with this? I'm so close to ditching the watch due to the lack of integration with Strava!! It's really disappointing coz the GT watch really is great!!

It can't be hard to integrate the health app with Strava for example! New GT 2 watch away to be released soon!! Really cannot believe that this is being released and this long standing lack of integration has still not been resolved.

We want answers and the timeline for the implementation.
Userlevel 3
As I wrote before, ditch the Huawei products (they don't deserve us as customers) and also rate and comment under YouTube reviews etc. so other people don't get screwed over.

P.S. Tonight I'll write to Unbox Therapy YouTube channel, maybe he can make a video on this issue so word gets out to more people.
Userlevel 5
Badge
As @Joretogt says, ditch their products. They don't care about their customer base especially UK customers.

Not sure how much longer they'll be selling products in UK but with devices locked out of Google I can't see them selling many.

@migueldd what is the Samsung watch like, will link everything back to Google Fit and does it provide HR and Sleep data
Userlevel 3

@migueldd what is the Samsung watch like, will link everything back to Google Fit and does it provide HR and Sleep data

Yes , you can link Samsung health wirh google fit. The watch track sleep, stress ,ECG in the future via update. You can install Strava directly in the watch and.other similar apps. You can sync samsung health wity many apps, you can pay with the watch, has very good HR with new sensor,GPS etc..

Is called the best smartwatch if you have Android (the top 1 is Apple watch but if you have an Iphone)

You can see photos and videos on the web to see how the watch looks like "Samsung Galaxy Active 2"

Regards