Answered

Huawei Health integration with other services

• 4 December 2018
  • 235 replies

Userlevel 3
Recently moved to a Huawei Mate20Pro and a Watch GT. Happy with them so far but the biggest issue I'm finding is they just don't play nice with anyone else.

I already use Strava, Garmin, MyFitnessPal and Google FIT. All these integrate with each other so that each has a whole picture of my health and various exercise activities.

Are there any plans to integrate Huawei Health with services such as these?
icon

Best answer by Max 29 April 2019, 20:49

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max
View original

235 replies

Userlevel 1
I don´t want to be rude, but honestly, I am outraged by this device. Besides all the bad news now about Google ban etc,... there is the simplest things Huawei just doesn´t get accomplished. There is guys who reverse engineer the health app, work on extracting data from backup files, decipher database files to get their hands on the health data,.... there is ways of getting to it, but HUA just decides not to open that door for it´s customers. It would be such a potentially easy thing to do. I have bloodpressure test equipment, scale, glucose measurement tool etc, everything has a option to extract the data into a meaningful CSV for further processing. Besides offering pre-manufactured reports in decent quality. But from what I understand, we are not even requesting this from Huawei. All we want is ACCESS to DATA which BELONGS TO US, it´s our PERSONAL DATA stored on our PERSONAL devices!!!! And please, don´t tell me now that I can get the data by requesting it from you through the privacy options. The data I get from there is in pretty much useless formats. To be honest, investing into Huawei devices was probably the worst decision I made in the past years. As I do work in the industry and I very much respect quality, performance and services related to Huawei Infrastrucutre equipment, I must admit that, when it gets to consumer products, I am vastly disappointed.

This being said, the Hardware of the GT Watch is great, specially the battery life is really amazing. BUT what do I need a long battery life for, if the data I record with the watch is NOT AVAILABLE TO ME, just on the phone??? Not even a web portal to have better overview of the records, nothing.

So. I´m done for the day. Cheers.
Userlevel 2
It is a big problem and there is not even an export data option.

I associated the Huawei health app with Google fit, but the HR does not sync.

My fitness pal pulls through no data at all.

On top of that the kcal is way out, as iff I only burn 500kcal per day.
Userlevel 3
You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync

That does not work, also when it worked googlefit did not collect health activities.

We have to put pressure with this theme to Huawei, it is incredible that they want to sell a sports product and can not export even to .gpx, strava or any service. 😡

They should know that they would sell a lot more with just that addition.
Userlevel 1
Loyalty came with freedom, not with jail. Wake up guys and implement export gpx, to future release, if not I will go away from huawei devices.
Userlevel 3
they've been saying things will be implemented for months, even from the original watch 1 and they still haven't done it, so the best answer is irrelevant (if you check the forum a lot of the best answers are from the mods themselves which provide no value or reassurance to the end user)

i'm waiting to see if google release a watch and then i'll be switching

end users need to realise that Huawei make excellent hardware, but its fully let down by the software and integrations with other products.

Marked best answer is a joke. Is a dirty trick made to calm down new customers that read the thread "Ahh ,all complaints are passed to development team, great Huawei! Im going to stop reading the rest of the thread"
Userlevel 1
Huawei please add integrations with popular apps such as Strava and also put more ways to export the health data and GPS (in popular formats such as TCX / GPX) for users.

Users want access to their data, especially health data, so make it easy for them! You will be repaid with more user loyalty and ultimately more sales and more popular products.

Please spend more time to improve the Huawei health app and the backup app so that it is improved over time. Please show you are making the effort to do this.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello,

I would like to inform you that Huawei Health has some features that are yet to be implemented.

Nevertheless, we aim to make as many features available for the app so you will enjoy a complete service for keeping track of your activity and your status.

I will pass the suggestions to our development team so more features will be provided in a future update.

Best wishes,
Max

But how long before we see improvements, I emailed support nearly a year ago about the downfalls of the app and what is needed. In the app it says to link with

MyFitnessPal but it doesn't and never had the ability to do this and even MyFitnessPal stated they Huawei had no link into their product.

If I switch phones or have to reset watch I loose all historical data from Huawei Health, with Google Fit which I'm now having to use I can view my historical data, even if I switch devices. I can view my data online as well. This is same if I use other apps, it just that Huawei Health does not support any of these features and needs to in this day and age.
Userlevel 1
Hi all,

I'm really sorry but I don't have any news to share with you all. @Max is from our support team and he will pass the suggestions to our development team. We do read everything and try to forward as much as possible to the teams.

@Amy thank you for replying. Please speed up this fix, It is quite incredible that 6 months have been passed, several versions of the app have been released, and none of them has fixed this serious malfunction.

I've bought the pro band 2 exclusively to sync my data (hr and stepcount) with Google Fit (that shares it to MyFiteness Pal) in order to keep tracking of my weightlifter sessions.

Actually, instead, it is quite useless, I have to manually enter data on 3rd party apps. I've been patient all these months waiting for Huawei to fix it, but no one seems to care. For me it is quite unacceptable that this foundamental feature has not been working for such a long time.
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Best wishes,
Max

Hi @Max,

After 3 months of you passing the suggestions they will have told you something, right?
Because if you have not been told anything I would be frustrated that I did not respond to the overwhelming number of users who claim to be able to share or export their activities.

Please, if Huawei are never going to do it, or in the distant future, or whatever ... give realistic feedback on this topic although it is not good news.

IT IS BETTER THAT WE RECEIVE A BAD NEWS TO RECEIVE A SILENCE FROM YOU

Thanks you
Userlevel 1
Max, Danjl etc.
As this post has been live for 4 months and you have sent on the requests to the development department, it would be much appriciated to get another reply rather than "Thanks for bringing this to us, we will pass the suggestions".

If you claim to be a active forum with real ties to the development department, then claiming that there are alot of variables and request and that you can't give any updates on one of the main features for all fitness products, gives no help apart from perhaps provide a source of aggrevation to the people given the suggestions.

A suggestion would atleast to get some form of feedback after 4 months, such as a recipent and early response from the "relevant department" that they have recieved the information and that they:
1) Are currently working on the feature and will release it in X months
2) Are actively working on the feature but have no information to give on release date
3) Have recieved the requests and will start working on it within x months
4) have recieved the requests and its piled upon the rest of the wanted features and there are no active plans on getting the features in to the app.

That would helpful, instead of trying to find your posts in the thread only to find them to be AI-responses of different versions of "THANKS! WE HAVE FORWARED THE REQUEST".
Userlevel 4
Got a new update of the health app and still NO EXPORT/IMPORT option, so I rated it 1 star( as usual) in the app store outlining the reason. Maybe it's good idea every one to give a low rating in the store , perhaps that way when the
rating becomes very low they might pay attention....which I highly doubt.
Userlevel 1
I recently received the Watch GT as a birthday gift and am really impressed BUT, unlike my previous two fitness watches (both Garmin), with Huawei I can't export the data to any other service, or to my own PC where I've used apps such as SportsTracks and similar to collate data.

Please add in a way of exporting the health data files (ALL data - for example, heart rate data doesn't transfer to Google Fit) from the phone app, e.g. via USB or similar, or syncing to other services. Otherwise you're just a poor second place to many other health apps and fitness devices.
Its amazing to me that Huawei hasn’t caught up with the other fitness products out there. I’m using a Talkband B5 with an iPhone and it is supposed to sync with the Health app, but doesn’t. I think there is probably just a lack of or sloppy software development and this should be a no-brainer for a company that has just become one of the leading competitors in the smartphone market.
I just want to say that what Huawei is doing can not be right at all. give the user the right to have their data exported. you would think that such a company will consider building such a function from the beginning, but no. for god sake the sync function to google fit is not even working properly, they are missing the most simplest things.
Userlevel 4
They might as well close this topic, no usefull info or reply from huawei. As I wrote in my opinion is not going to happen thats why I don't use the watch for activity tracking. Garmin, Samsung etc. all have gpx export and most integrate directly with strava so anyone of them is a lot better than Huawei.

P.S. I'm trying to highlight this fact in as many forums/review videos (on youtube) as I can, so less people get dissappointed by buying huawei products for fitness/sport tracking.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Huawei Health stopped linking properly to Google Fit a while back, if you notice in app it says can link with MyFitnessPal but this is incorrect as it doesn't work and MyFitnessPal also co firm that Huawei Health is not supported.

I have the HW2 and binned Huawei Health the other month due to its failings only issue I have now is that I get no historical sleep data but get everything else just by using Wear OS and Google Fit.

I'm not sure if you can use GF on the new watch though, if not, not really sure of a solution to help you resolve problem
Userlevel 5
Badge
and if you switch mobiles to a non Huawei device (or vice-versa) you lose your historical data

if it weren't for that the app would be brilliant, but huawei need to allow you to export the data and re-import it if needed
Userlevel 1
I don't get it!!! Whats the problem to activate a sync to Strava? Just start to build!!!

https://developers.strava.com
well
I have already figured out how to solve the integration problem with Strava!

sold my smartwatch in the marketplace and bought a garmin

by by honor / Huawei
Userlevel 3
Hello,

Best wishes,
Max

A moderator pointed me to this response as the best answer for integration questions. An answer should provide a resolution. This response is not a resolution and is therefore not an answer to the numerous requests from your various customers.
To the moderator, take a look across all your fitness tracker customer responses, you will see frustration across the whole range. Some frustration comes from the fact the software is not for for purpose. Some frustration comes from unhelpful responses like this.
Userlevel 1
You can sync the data to Google fit (HR) excluded, then sync Googe fit to S Health and S Health to Strava.

You will need the Health Sync app from play store to perform the Google fit / S Health sync

😆 Wow!

From Watch GT >> Google Fit >> S Health >> Strava. That's a workaround from hell!

Come on Huawei, listen and show some leadership here!
Userlevel 1
Agreed with @Joretogt, people gotta know this such basic issue before buying the product.
Did the same in february on app store, besides of that its a very nice app.
This is the topic status so far: • 7 months ago • 183 replies • 104649 views
With this large amount of views, the topic is with "ANSWERED" status, but nothing was done about exporting data, nor news about the implementation or not of the feature.
I've been contemplating getting a Watch GT. However, this talk of not data exports has completely put me off. The watch sounds great but if it means giving up everything else I use already, what's the point? I still with my TomTom until I'm confident I can get my data out.
Wow.. I was going to buy a Band 3 Pro because it really seemed an excellent product.. Luckily I found this thread before 😂

Not giving the ability to sync up to services like Strava is a real shame and demonstrates Huawei's lack of interest on their customers needs.

I hope it gets implemented soon, so then I might buy one 🙂
Userlevel 1
So when it will be integrated? Endomondo to Huawei for synch? Or any other option? Or give us option for export valid. gpx file for export, than we can import it to other apps.