Answered

Huawei ID does not log on, just says "Unable to obtain data".

• 12 January 2019
  • 36 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
I bought a Huawei honor band 4 smart watch and it arrived just after Christmas.
I have downloaded the Huawei Wear app and the Huawei services app and the Huawei Health app. I have not been able to log into either of these to set up my smart watch. It says i need to register for an Huawei ID i have tried on my mobile and it just keeps popping up with "Unable to obtain data". I went online and registered for an ID, as far as i know i did it right, but it is tricky I have still not been able to get past the "Unable to obtain data" pop up. I also found the honor area and registered their too just in case that may work, and it doesn't.

Has anybody else had this trouble? If so are you able to help solve this issue.

Thank you in advance
Vicki

36 replies

I get exactly the same with a new Band 3 Pro. I don't think the registration process even finished, I just get the message "Unable to obtain data. Please try again later." The last sentence implies that they think the problem is at their end. Without this login, it's just a piece of plastic that you can't even use to tell the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Vicki and Clivejharlow,

Sorry to see that you are having these issues! Have you been in contact with our support team? It takes a day or 2 to get assistance from the support team in this thread. If you want help right away please contact our support team directly.

Will you please keep us updated?
Yes, I called the 08000 hotline and explained the problem. The consultant told me I should raise it with Samsung (phone is a Galaxy S4 mini) as a Bluetooth issue, as she hadn't received training to deal with Samsung problems. I think this is poor. I can imagine exactly what Samsung would say if I told them I was having an issue with a Huawei app. The link you provided does not have the Band 3 Pro, only Band 2 Pro.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Clivejharlow,

Thanks for your respons, I asked our support team to assist you in this thread. 🙂
Any news from the support team?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Clive,

I'm sorry for the lack of response from the support team, sorry to keep you waiting.

Have you seen this F.A.Q? Hope this is helpful!
Thanks. The FAQ does not add anything which helps. I've signed on from my laptop so I know the Huawei ID account exists. But still on the Health App I can't get past the error message "Unable to obtain data. Please try again later."
Haven't heard anything from Support (except when I called them as mentioned). On Friday I'll be shipping this product back to the supplier, unless I can get it working. If the app doesn't work, the band is slightly less useful than a cable tie.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, I called the 08000 hotline and explained the problem. The consultant told me I should raise it with Samsung (phone is a Galaxy S4 mini) as a Bluetooth issue, as she hadn't received training to deal with Samsung problems. I think this is poor. I can imagine exactly what Samsung would say if I told them I was having an issue with a Huawei app. The link you provided does not have the Band 3 Pro, only Band 2 Pro. try the following method to see if it works:
1. It is recommended to download and install the latest version of Samsung gear APP, gear S plug-in and Samsung Accessory Service in huawei APP market, with a total of 1 APP and 2 plug-ins, one of which is indispensable, and grant all permission requests when installing.

2. There are two ways to put the watch in "pairing mode".

First, in the watch side, open the application screen, click the Settings > connected to the new phone. The watch will prompt if you want to reset the Gear to connect to your new phone, and select 'square root' to confirm. The connection between the watch and other phones will end. After the reset of the watch, the watch stays on the page displaying the name of the watch and prompting to download the app. At this time, the watch enters the bluetooth "pairing mode".

Second, on the watch side, open the app screen and click "set >" to reset the Gear for >. The watch will prompt 'reset Gear' and select 'tick' to confirm. After the reset, all downloaded apps and personal information will be completely cleared. The watch will stay on the page displaying the name of the watch and prompting to download the app. At this time, the watch will enter the bluetooth "pairing mode".

Turn on the bluetooth switch of the phone, search and pair in the Samsung gear app, and set the corresponding Settings according to the tips of the phone. If you have permission requests, always allow them.

Remark:

Among the Settings, one item is "maintain connection". Please click ok. So when that's done, the Samsung Accessory Service app is just going to keep its connection in the background. Avoid disconnection.

If the phone to be connected is already connected to another Gear watch, the watch will not be able to establish a connection. Please disconnect the phone from the previous Gear to connect to the current watch.
I found a Huawei app market app and downloaded it, but it triggered all the security protections in the phone as it doesn't seem to have the right certifications. So I abandoned that and sent the Band back to John Lewis for a refund.
This is completely nuts for lots of reasons. Why does it have to connect to a phone just to display the time and your heart rate? Why do you have to go through all these technical hoops to make something work? I have a technical background so I could probably follow the above steps, but most people wouldn't, but why should they? If the code is written to the appropriate standards, it should work! So it's gone back, and I've learned a useful lesson about Huawei products and support.
I have the exact same problem with my BAND 2 PRO. The strange thing is, I can connect it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 using the HUAWEI GEAR App. It CAN obtain data from the BAND 2 pro, and also shows notification from the viber and whatsup from my phone so the connection works fine both ways. The Huawei Health stucks at the registration though, says " unable to obtain data. please try again later."
I also was told by support that I should contact Samsung, but since it is actually connecting with an other Huawei app and the same Samsung phone, it must be the HUAWEI HEALTH that's dysfunctioning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation and providing us with further information.

We have created a file in regards to this and input your feedback so we can forward it to the development department so they can research into this.

If you come across other events you wish to report, please do so as we will escalate this forward.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi,@vicki Just want to know that the Huawei Mobile Services users downloaded is EU version? and your mobile device model is?
Userlevel 1
I have the P20. I am trying to register for Huawei ID so that I can set up cloud back up. Each time I try to do the process it says "unable to obtain data". Can anyone help please?
Userlevel 2
Hi @mdodds , can you kindly check your Huawei Mobile Services application version?
Userlevel 1
@Cloudy 2.6.4.306
Hello, i have exactly the same Problem, Huawei P Smart 2019. Tried to create account with my phone and it says "Unable to obtain data, please try again later". I registered an account with my pc but when i try to login with the phone it tells me incorrect ID or password.. Also version 2.6.4.306 (Tried to uninstall the updates but didn't work also)
Userlevel 1
Hello, i have exactly the same Problem, Huawei P Smart 2019. Tried to create account with my phone and it says "Unable to obtain data, please try again later". I registered an account with my pc but when i try to login with the phone it tells me incorrect ID or password.. Also version 2.6.5.306 (Tried to uninstall the updates but didn't work also)
Yes exactly the same as what I am getting. Going round and round in circles!!!
Userlevel 1
Hello There, Yes exactly same issue. Mine has just arrived but unable to register as above.
Looks like there is no way into the Health App unless you have an ID

Someone please help as it looks like a promising product!
I have the same exact problem. Bought a Huawei Honor 10, I try to register and it says that it is unable to obtain data. I registered on the website on my PC, but using the email and the password on mobile it tells me incorrect ID or password. Also have mobile services version 2.6.4.306.
Userlevel 2
@mdodds @Njolac @masterton90 You could try to register Huawei ID now, temporary issue has been solved. Thank you!
Userlevel 1
@Cloudy still not working for me
I have the same issue, can't register a new Huawei ID via Huawei Health.
Also tried via the webpage but then I can't logon with the account in the Health app.

What a great first user experience this is for me ....
Userlevel 1
Hi There, I have just re-attempted and still giving the same error message 😞
Userlevel 1
@Cloudy still not working for me
Try online with this address - its worked!! - https://hwid7.vmall.com/CAS/portal/cloudLogin.html?validated=true&themeName=red&service=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.huawei.com%3A443%2Fothers%2Flogin.action&loginChannel=1000002&reqClientType=1&lang=en-gbhttps://hwid7.vmall.com/CAS/portal/cloudLogin.html?validated=true&themeName=red&service=https%3A%2F%2Fcloud.huawei.com%3A443%2Fothers%2Flogin.action&loginChannel=1000002&reqClientType=1&lang=en-gb