Huawei P30 Pro gets Dual-view mode, P20 Pro/Mate 10 Pro get April 2019 security patch

• 13 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Huawei's long awaited Dual-view video mode is already rolling out in Europe, with patch version 9.1.0.153(C431E4R2P2). Patch is 381MB in size and includes Dual-view mode, Charming portrait, Huawei Vlog and Google's April 2019 security patch.

Curiously, this patch includes Google's April 2019 security patch again, which was already released a few weeks ago with patch number 9.1.0.140(C431E4R2P2). This past update also included camera optimizations.

For those interested, here's all the details, with some examples, as well as a closer look at the hardware used to achieve the dual-view mode, such as which lenses are used for each side, a closer look to the zoom and the use of ToF sensor.

Here's a quick preview of this new mode:

Moving on to the P20 Pro, Google's April 2019 security patch is also rolling out for this model.

The Mate 10 Pro is not left behind, receiving the April 2019 security patch a few days ago.

And as a bonus, the Mate RS received the April 2019 security patch close to a month ago, leaving all the other devices in the dust.

5 replies

Hello, is there any chance to have dual-view mode on Mate 20 Pro as well?
Thanks in advance for all answers
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey @m.grieco, currently the dual-view video mode makes use of the 4 cameras on the P30 Pro so it is exclusive to that model.

Maybe @BarneyT can check with Huawei concerning the feasibility of dual-view on the Mate 20 Pro? Although, as mentioned, the current dual-view view mode makes use of all 4 cameras, so I think it'll remain exclusive to this model.
Hey @m.grieco, currently the dual-view video mode makes use of the 4 cameras on the P30 Pro so it is exclusive to that model.

Maybe @BarneyT can check with Huawei concerning the feasibility of dual-view on the Mate 20 Pro? Although, as mentioned, the current dual-view view mode makes use of all 4 cameras, so I think it'll remain exclusive to this model.

Thanks for your answer.
@BarneyT can you help me please?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi all!

Sorry for replying so late!

I will definitely check this with the team and I will be back with an answer as soon as possible!

Thank you for the patience!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hi all!

Sorry for replying so late!

I will definitely check this with the team and I will be back with an answer as soon as possible!

Thank you for the patience!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Many thanks @BarneyT I'll wait for your answer.