Answered

Huawei P8 Lite 2017: Oreo update

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
Hi, the web is full of info as to whether or not the humble P8lite 2017 (UK) will get an official Oreo build. Having seen definitive answers for other models i thought i'd ask.
Thanks 😊
icon

Best answer by Max 12 September 2018, 18:15

Hi Gav!

Welcome to the forum!

In response to your inquiry, yes. The P8 Lite 2017 can receive the Android Oreo update. As you probably noticed, you can send me a private message with the IMEI and Build number of your phone, so I can check its update status. You can find both of them in Settings > About them. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
View original

118 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Gav!

Welcome to the forum!

In response to your inquiry, yes. The P8 Lite 2017 can receive the Android Oreo update. As you probably noticed, you can send me a private message with the IMEI and Build number of your phone, so I can check its update status. You can find both of them in Settings > About them. Please do not post either number on this discussion.

To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new window that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
I want to get android 8.0 on my huawei P8 Lite 2017 and found a website https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/huawei-p8-lite-2017-honor-8-lite-android-oreo-update-project-treble-support/amp/

Is this safe to follow. Please help. Also will it work in the uk
can I too update to oreo ? p8 lite 2007 with nougat
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello lbz462,

The only update that we can ensure and recommend is via the update function of the phone.
Any "updates" found via web searches pose a risk. Someone may have tampered with the code, added a malware or a virus, or just used a prior update from another model that will not be fully compatible or may not even work upon installation.

If you need any further asistance feel free to contact us either on the forum or via mail, chat or hotine at https://consumer.huawei.com/ via the support section.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
I asked about my P8 LITE 2017 about 3 weeks ago now... gave Huawei support all the details that they asked for, they told me that they would push the update to my phone in approx 2 weeks...... I'm still waiting, with no sign of an update to Oreo
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Davyg Sounds familiar I've been waiting 3 months for my update on the p20 pro. Just keep being told wait 10days
I have also been asking about when my p8 2017 lite will get oreo. asked on the 24th september. was told two weeks. a month has past and nothing.

I keep checking everyday that its downloaded in the background. but it hasn't. 3 weeks ago just received the may security patch. so i am not holding out much hope that ill receive it before Christmas 2042 lol.
Userlevel 1
I have given up checking for updates.... If my phone is gonna get it then it will get it......bit shoddy customer service though....
I have given up checking for updates.... If my phone is gonna get it then it will get it......bit shoddy customer service though....

I have been on to them for a few weeks now. i get told give it 10 days. we have past your info on to the developers to quicken up the process. I have just recently picked up the may patch. its October. plus they have told me that the update process is randomised. why is it random? it could take years before its updated. make it sequential and go down the list and push it out quicker. windows 10 is pushed out to all, once released with no issues. so why does it take what feels like an age to update your phone.

howey Huawei where is my oreo update.
Userlevel 1
I haven't even received the May security patch.... "about phone" is still showing December 1st 2017 🤔
I haven't even received the May security patch.... "about phone" is still showing December 1st 2017 🤔
that's shocking Davyg
I haven't received the May update too, I'm in the UK.
Send a PM to Gav many weeks ago, but heard nothing.

Please if anyone from Support can push the updates to my phone then contact me.
I haven't received the May update too, I'm in the UK.
Send a PM to Gav many weeks ago, but heard nothing.

Please if anyone from Support can push the updates to my phone then contact me.

its shocking. they seem to do there roll outs randomly rather than sequentially hence why its taking them so long to roll out updates. email this address: mobile.uk@huawei.com
Userlevel 1
Oreo downloading now as I type this reply..... 😀 let's just hope it's worth the wait...🤔
I live in the UK and sent my IMEI and build number months ago and was told my phone would be updated to Oreo in September. Nothing has happened. My security patch is dated December 2017.

Does anyone know what is happening?
I got a Huawei p8 lite 2017 for quite some time now and i think i heard some things about it getting an oreo update so i wanted to know if it's true, and if so how can i get it since i can't find it in my updates
Hi all, Me too mo7sen I have pm details to Max as Reading this it seems to be the way.
My Huawei P8 Lite 2017 is still on Android Oreo and January 2018 Security Patch. Whenever I check for updates there is none. I am disappointed in the lack of software updates.
Mo7sen.. Max has replied to my Pm and checked for me and I should get an update in about 10 days
Hi Davyg, just wondered if you live in the UK and which network you use? I'm in UK and on Vodafone and no Oreo for me yet so i'm wondering whether it's our network providers who slow updates down. Didn't pm you as thought if you reply publicly it may help a few of us out
Hi all, I'm in the UK and on the three network, still on 1 December 2017 security patch, I bought the phone sim free so I'm not tied to any network, I wonder if that has any bearing?
Userlevel 1
Hi Davyg, just wondered if you live in the UK and which network you use? I'm in UK and on Vodafone and no Oreo for me yet so i'm wondering whether it's our network providers who slow updates down. Didn't pm you as thought if you reply publicly it may help a few of us out

Hi Gav, I am in the UK and on the BT network, the Oreo update works OK but I do have the odd glitch with notification sounds when a whatsapp or messenger message arrives...
Userlevel 1
Hi all, I'm in the UK and on the three network, still on 1 December 2017 security patch, I bought the phone sim free so I'm not tied to any network, I wonder if that has any bearing?

I wouldn't have thought so as my phone was purchased SIM free from Argos way back in November 2017, you just need to be patient...
Well, as the title says I am waiting for this update for my device (Huawei P8 Lite 2017) for a long time and the roll out update should have been done quite some time ago from what I have read on other forums, and so, I would like to know if the update will come soon, or do I need to change my phone ?

Best regards, Alex.
Thanks Davyg, much appreciated. At least i know owners of non carrier branded handsets are starting to get the update here in the UK. Patience is a virtue etc. Cheers