Answered

Huawei P8 Lite 2017: Oreo update

Show first post

118 replies

Both my wife's phone and mine have been offered the PRA-LX1 8.0.0.362 (C440) update.
Will this update cause any problems with any apps which I have already installed on the phones?
I read somewhere that it can cause some apps to cease working.
Both phones are P8 Lite
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi BigBarney,

That is a interesting question you has asked and I thank you for raising this matter with us. After a major update some 3rd party apps may indeed be incompatible for a variety of reasons.
The major usage apps less so since they have dedicated development teams that work on comparability for further installments.
If you ahave concerns regarding specific apps you can check the apps comparability within the Playstore, or via a quick internet search for their website.
You can also email their development team directly via the contact option at the end of the apps description in playstore.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max
Thanks for your support.
I 'bit the bullet' yesterday and downloaded and installed the update and everything seems to be working ok.
I recently bought a NextBase dash cam and it's app initially seemed to have a slight problem but hat has sorted itself out now.

The only visible difference I am aware of is that my screen icons are a slightly different shape now.

Thanks again,
Brian.
I have a P8 lite 2017 still with 1 December 2017 software. My last phone was a Samsung and I received android security updates, unfortunately not same with Huawei. I have pinged a message to Max hoping that may help break the log jam but have heard nothing back from him.
Just want to say that I did get a PM back from Max.
I will be pleased if an update is received before Christmas 2018.
I've had my Huawei p8 lite 2017 for over a year now and I'm wondering weather it will get an update to android oreo. I've seen a lot of articles confirming this however I don't know when I'll get it.
I have still not received the anticipated oreo update or any security updates on my P8 lite 2017 and it is now Christmas Day. This despite me providing my details to Max.
Also still waiting, now 25 days!
Userlevel 1
is there anyway for me to rollback to android 7 on my P8 2017 Lite... I hate this Oreo update..... phone is laggy and some apps not working as they sound, also have audio glitches with apps😜
Hi Davyg. So the oreo update was not good experience on P8 Lite 2017. Not good news. Has oreo update affected power drain at all?
Ed
Userlevel 1
Hi Davyg. So the oreo update was not good experience on P8 Lite 2017. Not good news. Has oreo update affected power drain at all?
Ed

yep ,I would say that the power drain is an issue... as I am charging the device more than what I was under Android 7..... notifications are coming through with no audible alert..... just so want to dump what was a good phone before the Oreo
Userlevel 1
I have just plugged the phone into my computer and connected to Hisuite.... it is now informing me that there is a new update to Oreo 8.0.0.396 or I have the choice to rollback to Android 7 (I have been checking the phone for weeks for an update and it was showing "no updates"...wtf..... I am rolling back to Android 7.....
Userlevel 1
I have now rolled back to android 7.0 and already my P8 2017 is working a great deal better and faster, texts and whatsapp messages are being sent immediately with no lag, will see how things go over the coming weeks....😎
@Davyg. Appreciate you informng us about your experiences with oreo update and rollback. I wonder if the 8.0.0.396 was bug correction to overcome issues like you reported. We will probably never know. Glad to hear your phone is back to some sort of normality. Please continue to let us know of any deveopments.
Ta
Ed
Userlevel 1
eh up Ed.... I believe that the 8.0.0.396 is just a google security update..... I must admit it's great having my phone working as it should... no lag or issues so far.... just seems weird that there are no updates available when I check OTA on my phone, but the update/rollback option is available when connected to HiSuite (even have the EMUI 5.0 rollback option now)
If you are back on 7 nougat then think you should also be on EMUI 5.0. Interesting that up-issue of EMUI that came with oreo works ok with nougat. You have a unusual software mix in your phone now if that is the case.
Ed
Userlevel 1
thought that the EMUI 5.0.3 was a Nougat update, as the Android secuirty update is showing as 1 MAY 2018
I should have written "EMUI 5.*.*" not "EMUI 5.0".
FYI I am stuck on EMUI 5.0.1, so you are better off than me.
Ed
Also still waiting, now 25 days!
I got my P8 2017vlite as a hand down in November and sent a PM to Max with build no etc and he then asked for my network provider if the phone was rooted etc so he could request updates.

Currently I am on Android 7,EMUI 5.0.1 and security update Dec 2017 with the pnones update saying nothing available.

Been a Samsung user for many years and thought they were bad for Android updates but they seemed OK for phone fixes and security updates but Huawei don't seem any better.

Also a bit worrying to see a number of users with Orio and later EMUI updates are having problems with speed and battery and are having to roll back

Anyone had a good experience with updates on this phone?
When will the P8 lite 2017 get Oreo in the UK?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Juedan2011,

I moved your question to this thread about the Oreo update on your device. Please read the comments above. 🙂
Userlevel 1

Also still waiting, now 25 days!I got my P8 2017vlite as a hand down in November and sent a PM to Max with build no etc and he then asked for my network provider if the phone was rooted etc so he could request updates.

Currently I am on Android 7,EMUI 5.0.1 and security update Dec 2017 with the pnones update saying nothing available.

Been a Samsung user for many years and thought they were bad for Android updates but they seemed OK for phone fixes and security updates but Huawei don't seem any better.

Also a bit worrying to see a number of users with Orio and later EMUI updates are having problems with speed and battery and are having to roll back

Anyone had a good experience with updates on this phone?

It's best to connect your phone to the HiSuite software, as this will show any updates that are available (for some unknown reason my phone will not update using OTA (Over the Air), I recently rolled my system back to Android 7 ,as my phone was sluggish and some apps not working properly using Android Oreo.... hope this helps for you...
I just installed Hisuite to my laptop and connected the phone and after a bit of messing about got them talking.

Sadly the updates shows no updates at all either to Android, the security patch or EMUI.

Still waiting for a response from Max after I submitted all the phone details
Still nothing