Answered

Huawei Software/Firmware beta testers

• 23 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi

Dose Huawei use beta testers for their hardware and software? EMUI and some of the apps show that Huawei are not short of good ideas, but often the implementations are a bit lack lustre with some obvious gaps in the software.

Many of these issues could be ironed out in the early stages by using a number of beta testers. There are many able people on this forum and I'm sure they would be willing to contribute to the development of the products.

Personally I'd be happy to beta test phones, versions of EMUI and apps.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

Cheers

Steve
icon

Best answer by picitup 23 February 2019, 15:13

I feel your pain. The constant lists of holes people find in the software and the bland "we'll pass it on and hopefully...." is frustrating.

That's not a dig at Amy or any of the administrators, they do a great job, but aren't in control of fixes.

I emailed AVG about a Huawei URL that reported as suspicious. They responded next day and said it was their error and is now fixed and it was.

Open Camera has a ticketing system here:

Open Camera Ticketing

The software supports Focus Bracketing but was only 20 pictures max. I opened a ticket and in a few weeks, they now support 200 pics which is great. I now feel some loyalty to the author. He listened to me and acted on it. His software is also now better for it so everyone wins.

So how about it Huawei Admins? It would be great to see this and people would form attachments to the Huawei brand rather than feeling powerless. Instead users turn their gaze towards 3rd party apps. That is when Huawei hasn't crippled them.

Food for thought....

Steve
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
I think we are the beta testers. If the beta tested the Watch GT it would never have passed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I feel your pain. The constant lists of holes people find in the software and the bland "we'll pass it on and hopefully...." is frustrating.

That's not a dig at Amy or any of the administrators, they do a great job, but aren't in control of fixes.

I emailed AVG about a Huawei URL that reported as suspicious. They responded next day and said it was their error and is now fixed and it was.

Open Camera has a ticketing system here:

Open Camera Ticketing

The software supports Focus Bracketing but was only 20 pictures max. I opened a ticket and in a few weeks, they now support 200 pics which is great. I now feel some loyalty to the author. He listened to me and acted on it. His software is also now better for it so everyone wins.

So how about it Huawei Admins? It would be great to see this and people would form attachments to the Huawei brand rather than feeling powerless. Instead users turn their gaze towards 3rd party apps. That is when Huawei hasn't crippled them.

Food for thought....

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @picitup,

Thank you for taking your time to word your feedback. We are always trying our best to respond to and act on issues/feedback/reports submitted by the community and our customers. We are sorry that you feel unsatisfied.

Regarding beta testing, there is indeed a way to enroll as a tester to try the newer functions and help our developments team.

I hope you find this helpful!

Best wishes,
Max