I do hope Huawei stick to their promise. All Huawei flagship phones will get update each month

• 4 December 2018
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 3
It's December now and we are still on October security patch why? Andriod has released November and December security updates.
Huawei promising these patches is what made me finally get a Huawei phone as they promised to change and keep these updated. Mate 20 Pro needs some fixes to which I do hope the software team are actually working on.
Where can we find things being worked on?
We need a thread that actual huawei staff post on and give us updates.
Huawei posted this on official channel on huawei main page. But where is the update. And what fixes are huawei software team working on. They need to be more like Oneplus and care about the community work with us get feedback and give us regular updates. Come on huawei you want to be the best. Dropping decent phones with no support or community interaction is not the way to do it.

Here is the official post https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2018/11/

27 replies

Userlevel 3
Just noticed they have listed a December update too. Where are these updates.
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2018/12/
Userlevel 2
You should try being on a p20 pro in the UK. You would still be on september security update. 3 days left to I can move to oneplus
Userlevel 5
Badge
My p20 pro (UK) is still on July's patch.
Sorry but if the main reason you bought a Huawei phone is the updates im afraid your in for a shock, there seems to be no after sales support and @Amy and the crew on here cant really help, they can only pass your comments on.

There is never a follow up or response.
Userlevel 2
Not why I bought but the very minimum you expect is your security to be updated. There have been a lot of critical security updates in the last 3 months.
Userlevel 3
My p20 pro (UK) is still on July's patch.
Sorry but if the main reason you bought a Huawei phone is the updates im afraid your in for a shock, there seems to be no after sales support and @Amy and the crew on here cant really help, they can only pass your comments on.

There is never a follow up or response.

I get that but as far as I understood they said with the Mate 20 Pro and new flagships that things where going to change. As you can see from those two links they even say flagship phones will get a update every month. And I know they recently want to make things better as they know the after support has never been great. As I said I hope they stick to there promise. Also 2 years of updates it what they say they will do now. We'll if they do t it will be the first and last ever Huwaei product sadly.

It's a shame this Mate 20 Pro is amazing and the watch and wirless charger I got free. Its a great package.
Userlevel 5
Badge
When i pre ordered the p20 pro, live on stage the CEO stated the same about that. Faster updates & more updates. Having spoken to customer support it turns out what was meant by this is we get updates every 3 months ( not monthly ). also the UK seems to have tighter restrictions on tests the updates ( this is what i have been told many times by Huawei ) they blame the carriers for the slow updates.

My wife has a mate 10 pro its only just 12 month old, the updates are about 8 months behind.

Between Huawei & Samsung i dont know who takes the longest to release updates, it sure is pretty similair though.
Userlevel 2
Blaming the networks is incorrect. I work for one of the networks and we have to wait to the update is sent through. It's just a load of smoke from Huawei on the updates
Userlevel 3
When i pre ordered the p20 pro, live on stage the CEO stated the same about that. Faster updates & more updates. Having spoken to customer support it turns out what was meant by this is we get updates every 3 months ( not monthly ). also the UK seems to have tighter restrictions on tests the updates ( this is what i have been told many times by Huawei ) they blame the carriers for the slow updates.

My wife has a mate 10 pro its only just 12 month old, the updates are about 8 months behind.

Between Huawei & Samsung i dont know who takes the longest to release updates, it sure is pretty similair though.

Man that's crappy. This "change" is what made me interested. Take a look at the two links above in the OP both huawei posted November and December updates saying at the very top on the page that all flagship phones will get monthly updates. They even say they are putting together the update. Guess I'll be getting a oneplus next then unless this changes.ill give it a few months see what happens. I have hope for them. They know they need to change. They wouldn't have so many issues a Ms a brand if they could get the entire community behind them.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Dont really think these take into account what goes on in this forum, take a look at the all the posts about the Green screen issue on the LG panels on the mate. There has been no response about this at all, nothing..

Im sure there is a tread on here where people are complaining to watch dog and other places.
Userlevel 5
Badge
You'll be lucky to get an update on P20 Pro dual sim version this year, it seems only the single sim has just had an update released.

This shows how bad Huawei are with updates.

Google Pixel C tablet just received December 2018 Security update and I've had it over 2 years.
Google Pixel 3 XL just received December 2018 Security update. Got 13th November and already received normal and security updates.

That is how Huawei should be performing but instead they aren't and are letting their customers down. You never know it could turn out like US and Huawei are banned from selling in UK..
Userlevel 3
You'll be lucky to get an update on P20 Pro dual sim version this year, it seems only the single sim has just had an update released.

This shows how bad Huawei are with updates.

Google Pixel C tablet just received December 2018 Security update and I've had it over 2 years.
Google Pixel 3 XL just received December 2018 Security update. Got 13th November and already received normal and security updates.

That is how Huawei should be performing but instead they aren't and are letting their customers down. You never know it could turn out like US and Huawei are banned from selling in UK..

Its the Mate 20 Pro I have they said
"We are releasing monthly security updates for flagship models. This security update includes Google patches"
Userlevel 5
Badge
They said the same thing with the p20 pro. Look how that turned out..
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@DelBoyJamie The mate 20 Pro was released mid October.

We are just into December.

There was an a software update in November.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@DelBoyJamie my statement still stands no matter what Huawei device you have you will not get monthly updates from them.
You'll probably get two updates on mate 20 Pro over 6 months then next updates will be around 6 months later.
This is what happened with Mate 10 Pro and looks like will happen with P20 Pro as well.
We all believed Huawei would update monthly as they state, but they aren't, which is why I won't recommend them to anyone looking for a smartphone.
Userlevel 3
@DelBoyJamie my statement still stands no matter what Huawei device you have you will not get monthly updates from them.
You'll probably get two updates on mate 20 Pro over 6 months then next updates will be around 6 months later.
This is what happened with Mate 10 Pro and looks like will happen with P20 Pro as well.
We all believed Huawei would update monthly as they state, but they aren't, which is why I won't recommend them to anyone looking for a smartphone.

Thankfully as I had hoped they may of changed they have just stopped a massive update tons of fixes and November and December security patches

https://youtu.be/aSJF9a9goRo
Userlevel 5
Badge
What region is the update? Many videos on YouTube show updates all the time. It all depends on what device you have, build etc.

Take the p20 pro dual UK . It's only update .131, look in YouTube people have .167. it's all build related
Userlevel 5
Badge

Thankfully as I had hoped they may of changed they have just stopped a massive update tons of fixes and November and December security patches

So the Mate 20 Pro needs 6gb ram and performance boost on to beat the pixel 3 XL by 1 second...Says it all really....
Userlevel 3

So the Mate 20 Pro needs 6gb ram and performance boost on to beat the pixel 3 XL by 1 second...Says it all really....

? The video is about a update
Userlevel 3
Here is a video showing all the changes

Userlevel 5
Badge

? The video is about a update

It went to another video showing the mate 20 Pro v pixel 3 xl

But if you've got the C782 model just keep waiting. If u really want to know about if you going to get update install Huawei firmware finder and see what's available for your device
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
To confirm mate 20 pro update is rolling out to devices, again speed at which your device can update is based on various factors.

Batchs of imei at a time
Network testing
Etc

I've sim free version and it updated this morning.
Userlevel 5
Badge
To confirm mate 20 pro update is rolling out to devices, again speed at which your device can update is based on various factors.

Batchs of imei at a time
Network testing
Etc

Yes but in the UK the older devices were C782 even if purchased sim-free and thus aren't getting updates, is this the same for the mate 20 pro are there two model versions, where the C432 will get updates and the C782 like older devices won't
Userlevel 3

Batchs of imei at a time
Network testing
Etc

Yes but in the UK the older devices were C782 even if purchased sim-free and thus aren't getting updates, is this the same for the mate 20 pro are there two model versions, where the C432 will get updates and the C782 like older devices won't

I'm in the UK and mine iis the C432 model LYA-L09 on Vodafone I got it 1st November
Userlevel 5
Badge
Im on three UK and its just hit my device now .... Things might be changing.... Who knows?!?!?
Userlevel 3
Im on three UK and its just hit my device now .... Things might be changing.... Who knows?!?!?
Nice one buddy