Answered

Lag during wireless screen projection - Mate 20 Pro

• 23 April 2019
  • 14 replies

Hi all,

I am loving my new Mate 20 Pro.

Starting now to use the desktop option during screen projection which I think its fabulous.

I am using the wireless mode with the latest Amazon fire stick.

I am experiencing quite a lot of lag in between input and action, it makes using the mouse pointer almost impossible.

Could this be improved?

Many thanks
icon

Best answer by chillphone 24 April 2019, 17:39

I think the lag might be with your Amazon fire stick.
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi Andre,

Have you tried turning off Bluetooth? My Mate 20 Pro presented a popup when I first used screen projection which advised Bluetooth may cause lag.

Rik.
Hi there.

Yes I have done that. The improvement was little.

Huawei can you help please.

Andre
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Andre F.

I flagged this question for our support team. They still have a few outstanding questions so your patience is appreciated. If you need help now, please contact the hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00, Sat. 9:00 - 17:00 (except bank holidays).

Maybe some other Mate 20 pro users are able to help:
@chillphone @Andynew89 @DelBoyJamie @Leeds UK @RizqElder - any advice? 🙂
Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It seems to work fine with other phones and my WiFi is fibre with 200mbs download 20 up?
Userlevel 1
I used the wireless projection option with my Samsung smart TV and that worked completely fine. I also have used it on my brother's smart TV and there was a very noticeable lag sometimes becoming unresponsive but that's because the devices were connected to mobile hotspot which wasn't very fast.

It might sound silly but have you tried restarting your phone?
I used the wireless projection option with my Samsung smart TV and that worked completely fine. I also have used it on my brother's smart TV and there was a very noticeable lag sometimes becoming unresponsive but that's because the devices were connected to mobile hotspot which wasn't very fast.

It might sound silly but have you tried restarting your phone?

Hi there.

Yes I have.

In mobile mode works well. It's just the desktop mode that isn't very good at all. Id like to use for work but its just impossible.

Shame as many of my colleagues have been impressed with the phone and were thinking of doing the same.
Userlevel 4
Badge
As you've not had a response yet we'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Wireless projection on huawei mate Pro 20 is lagging when connected to the firestick. Other devices such as the Samsung work fine. How can I fix this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Lisammp, Welcome on the community! 🙂

I moved your question here as it seems that you are having the same issue as @Andre F.

@Andre F. Did you get this sorted out?
Hi.

Not yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Andre, Thanks for the quick response.

Have you been in contact with our support team? If not, please contact them via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
I have a Mate 20 pro, and also have two usb-c to hdmi hubs, that I use for desktop mode. Wireless projection to my LG TV stutters like mad, and won't work with the hub properly either. It does work fine with the monitor, projector, and 12 year old Panasonic Vista TV I've also used it with. Bottom line, have you tried projecting to a different screen with different results?