Answered

Mate 10 pro GPU turbo update

I have an English Mate 10 pro (BLA-L09 C782) and currently on software version 8.0.0.132 and wondering when/if I will get the GPU turbo update?

Cheers Ben
icon

Best answer by Max 6 September 2018, 13:41

Hi Ben!

Glad to hear that you're interested in improving your Mate 10 Pro with the GPU turbo update.

The Mate 10 Pro is scheduled to receive the GPU Turbo update sometime during September 2018. If you don't receive the update by the last week of the month, please contact us so we can take note of the eventual situation. Hopefully that won't be the case :D

Hope this information proves useful!

Max
View original

120 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Ben!

Glad to hear that you're interested in improving your Mate 10 Pro with the GPU turbo update.

The Mate 10 Pro is scheduled to receive the GPU Turbo update sometime during September 2018. If you don't receive the update by the last week of the month, please contact us so we can take note of the eventual situation. Hopefully that won't be the case :D

Hope this information proves useful!

Max
Userlevel 4
Badge
I've got mine already. Yours should be imminent.
I am still waiting for update 😡
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Whats this update called? How do you tell if you have it or not?
You can check it in setup!What a silly question!!!
Userlevel 2
Hi
I'm in the Uk but I still haven't received this update. From what I can see on other forums most people in the UK have received it by now. Is this because I bought my phone with a sim only contract?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Yellowmatic, I moved your question to this topic on the update for the Mate 10 pro. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

You can check it in setup!What a silly question!!!

There is no such thing as a silly question! 😉 Let's try and help each other as much as possible on this community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Not that it helps but also dont have the update..

Whats the update bring?
chillphone use Google 😉
Userlevel 1
I'm still on 8.0.0.132 also. Seems the UK devices are a little behind.
Hi everyone this is a quick update on the subject.
Im using the Huawei Mate 10 pro c782 running firmware version 8.0.0.132 in the UK I'm still waiting for the gpu turbo update as of today 1st of October still no sign of the update ...
Im using the Huawei Mate 10 pro c782 running firmware version 8.0.0.132 in the UK I'm still waiting for the gpu turbo update as of today 1st of October still no sign of the update ...

same and my mate, I spoke to Huawei technical support department two weeks ago and they said that I will get update by end of September... because updates going by batches etc... but still no sign of any updates yet 😞
Userlevel 1

same and my mate, I spoke to Huawei technical support department two weeks ago and they said that I will get update by end of September... because updates going by batches etc... but still no sign of any updates yet :(

I contacted them today and they told me in a couple of weeks. Guess they don't know themselves.
So I've found out Huawei has started rolling out android 9.0 to the mate 10 pro and this is worrying please hear me out. The devices currently on .132 are 2 updates behind, the update after 132 and the current gpu turbo update. Now android 9.0 is being rolled out as OTA... There is a possibility that we could receive the 9.0 update and bypass the gpu update depending which of the 2 updates reach our devices quicker. I would like a Huawei technical advisor to respond to this as it seems our c782 devices are not recieving any updates at all after the .132 so even our security patch is very much outdated.. I would like to know and believe everyone else on this thread would like to know why this is happening and is this an issue we should be concerned about as for now I don't see devs at Huawei doing anything about this issue for example using our imie info to push the updates personally to us as the security patches are highly important to our devices so please amend an effort and do something to resolve this issue or at least give us a time frame for each update individualy.
So I've found out Huawei has started rolling out android 9.0 to the mate 10 pro and this is worrying please hear me out. The devices currently on .132 are 2 updates behind, the update after 132 and the current gpu turbo update. Now android 9.0 is being rolled out as OTA... There is a possibility that we could receive the 9.0 update and bypass the gpu update depending which of the 2 updates reach our devices quicker. I would like a Huawei technical advisor to respond to this as it seems our c782 devices are not recieving any updates at all after the .132 so even our security patch is very much outdated.. I would like to know and believe everyone else on this thread would like to know why this is happening and is this an issue we should be concerned about as for now I don't see devs at Huawei doing anything about this issue for example using our imie info to push the updates personally to us as the security patches are highly important to our devices so please amend an effort and do something to resolve this issue or at least give us a time frame for each update individualy.

couple weeks ago huawei told me that for UK users android 9.0 will be launched by end of December...
Userlevel 1
Huawei merry-go-round
I still haven't received it either which is a real shame. Hopefully we will receive it soon.
Userlevel 2
Same here, Mate 10 Pro (UK) and STILL no update. September's been and gone now. So not hoping for Pie anytime soon either...
Quick update unfortunately no update still and to be honest I don't see an update coming anytime soon as it would have been here by now. Huawei aren't able to help so it's obvious there ain't anything happening about the situation. So sadly I've given up trying to find out more info on the matter... Also android 9.0 will probably come to the UK after the new year guys and girls so don't get your hopes up just yet about the release date Huawei is giving out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I would expect the update to rollout before the end of the new year, based on history with updates and previously owned devices.
7th October 21:14pm still no update running .132 firmware. Has anyone got any suggestions on how this update can be obtained manually...
Userlevel 3
7th October 21:14pm still no update running .132 firmware. Has anyone got any suggestions on how this update can be obtained manually...

sent info in a message
Chipping in to say no update for me either, on a stock C782 Mate 10 Pro. Coming from a series of Moto phones I'm very disappointed. There's no need to update for the sake of it, however if new code is out there for this handset and includes security patches, it's very poor form that nothing has rolled out for the C782. Also really bad that we are told release timelines from support which are not true.
S I called support and got given a reference number and told my mate 10 pro c782 is 2 updates behind which are pending at Huawei... They said it takes 2 weeks for this so called ticket I opened to be presented to the devs and a resolution to be made. However other people have done this same thing over 3 weeks ago and still nothing.
S I called support and got given a reference number and told my mate 10 pro c782 is 2 updates behind which are pending at Huawei... They said it takes 2 weeks for this so called ticket I opened to be presented to the devs and a resolution to be made. However other people have done this same thing over 3 weeks ago and still nothing.

same for me :D
gave me a ticket number and said wait for two weeks 😃