Answered

mate 20 lite (sne-lx1) Emui 9.0

Userlevel 1
Will there be an Emui 9.0 update for this model of the mate 20 lite? or a beta program?
icon

Best answer by Amy 29 April 2019, 09:00

Hi @Stevep1980

Are you waiting on a software update? If so, please contact the Hotline. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays).
View original

100 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Howekk11,

Please read this topic for information about software updates. And this topic about beta testing. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi Howekk11,

Please read this topic for information about software updates. And this topic about beta testing. :)

This doesn't answer the question!! And the device is not listed on that topic link....!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Stevep1980

Are you waiting on a software update? If so, please contact the Hotline. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays).
Userlevel 1
Just rang Huawei today and been told Mate 20 Lite will be receiving Android Pie by the end of May 🙂
Userlevel 1
You received it? Here I'm still waiting
Userlevel 1
Still waiting myself m8 😞 so pissed off with Huawei to be fair, really expected them to compete with the likes of Samsung and Sony in reference to updates. Seems like they couldn't care less 😞
Has anyone received the update for the mate 20 lite yet? im in the UK and still not got it, reeeeally want it 😂
I have just spoke to someone in Huawei and asked when the mate 20 lite will get the update, she said as it is done in batches it could take a while, so i asked roughly how long it would be if say my device was in the last batch of mate 20 lite's to receive the update, she says it would be estimated to be August, as first the flagship devices are recieving the update first.
Userlevel 1
I have just spoke to someone in Huawei and asked when the mate 20 lite will get the update, she said as it is done in batches it could take a while, so i asked roughly how long it would be if say my device was in the last batch of mate 20 lite's to receive the update, she says it would be estimated to be August, as first the flagship devices are recieving the update first.
Funny how they try to downplay the Mate 20 Lite as a 'non' flagship device then 🤭 Carphone Warehouse surely made it sound to be a flagship alright lol

Oh well just a case of waiting until August when our warranties are up and forced to upgrade our phones then 🤭😋🤣
I send questions to support

Userlevel 1
Yeah. I got same email reply. It looks like Android Pie will never come to EU Mate 20 Lite or it would have been here by now.
Userlevel 1
I am not even waiting anymore, I have the phone for 6 months now and very soon I will swap to something else, I really don't feel that Huawei cares. I did not receive an update( not even one with a security patch ) from 1st March. They can't do it now, imagine later after they end everything with Google. So sorry that I bought a Huawei.
Userlevel 1
I've had mine from launch date and never received ANY update it came with Android 8 and never changed, I check every day, even though I've got it on auto update lol 🙂
Userlevel 1
The thing is I worked for o2 for many years and fully supported my Huawei rep lol how foolish was I? Yes granted this phone is brilliant, but why are Huawei so far behind Sony and Samsung? 😕
Userlevel 1
I received a few updates, Android 8.1(EMUI 8.2), but since March, nothing else. They don't really care, ther are a lot of high end devices without EMUI 9, we can't expect much from them for a midrange..
Still no Android 9 for my Mate 20 lite.

I am dissapointed by Huawei leaving their mid-range phones out of date.

Shoulda waited for Nokia 8.1 with Android One.
Hello, colleagues. Someone has already got updates to 9??
Userlevel 1
Still nothing, I contacted Huawei via Hi Care and they asked for my serial number of the phone so they cand send it to the technical department to push the update faster, but it's already a week from then and nothing.
Userlevel 1
Hello,

I received a little earlier EMUI 9.0.1, so guys, there is hope 😂😂
I'm still waiting, maybe it will finally be 🙂
Hello,

I received a little earlier EMUI 9.0.1, so guys, there is hope 😂😂

in which region do you live?
UK, unfortunately 😞
If some regions have the update, then we can find the update somewhere and do it manually. Right?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
They started by deploying EMUI9.1 on P20 Lite range, EMUI9.0 (EMUI9.1 in this case I think) is coming to the Mate 20 Lite in waves throughout June/July.

The easiest is asking to the EMUI team directly via Twitter or keeping an eye on their replies. Also depends on whether your device is locked/unlocked, unlocked get updates more regularly/faster.

To see if you have an update pending:

• Check on the system updater
  • Check via HiCare on the device
  • Check via HiSuite on PC

They started by deploying EMUI9.1 on P20 Lite range, EMUI9.0 (EMUI9.1 in this case I think) is coming to the Mate 20 Lite in waves throughout June/July.

The easiest is asking to the EMUI team directly via Twitter or keeping an eye on their replies. Also depends on whether your device is locked/unlocked, unlocked get updates more regularly/faster.

To see if you have an update pending:

• Check on the system updater
  • Check via HiCare on the device
  • Check via HiSuite on PC

I tried all 3 methods but it says i am "up-to-date"