Answered

mate 20 lite (sne-lx1) Emui 9.0

Show first post

100 replies

Userlevel 5
Disaster this, UK seems to be the forgotten nation in terms of Huawei updates, I'm still stuck on December 2018 security patch, My wife has an Honor 8X, She is also still on December patch.
Good news y'all!

I got the update during the weekend 😃
Userlevel 1
Is this update in the UK to as i have 3 of these phones and none have got the update yet
Is this update in the UK to as i have 3 of these phones and none have got the update yet
No its in Cyprus and i think it falls under the region of Greece
Userlevel 5
I contacted Huawei who were as much use as a chocolate tea pot

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received the update. Please note that the update is released in batches, according to the IMEI numbers, randomly. We would advise that you wait it out, as not all models have received the update yet. Once the update is available for your phone, you'll receive an official system notification.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
That's pretty much how updates are sent, yeah. The IMEIs are also chosen at random, so you might be first this month and last next month.

Usually those least interested in the updates will get them first and not even bother doing them, it's rather ironic😅
I came across the 1st bug.

When I am in any app, the back and home button do not function well.

I need to press them at least 2-3 times before they actually work.

Has anyone the same issue?
Userlevel 1
Just bought a brand new SNE-LX1 C782, just finished setting it up and went to update it. Still stuck on a December 2018 and HiCare is not showing anything. I also own a H9L which is C432 which gets updates every 2 months without issue is this a thing with C782 where updates are not sent out as often.
Userlevel 1
As said I have three of these phones with c782 sim free and will be going back to where I bought them asking for a refund. Why should I pay for an inferior phone to what others have.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@solidus1983 - if you have questions about updates, please see this thread:

https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-40/waiting-on-a-software-update-phone-the-hotline-1034
Userlevel 1
That thread is of no help. If you call that number you just get told they can't give you any information, or they will tell you they will inform someone and they will get back to you never. Just put the information out when and what will get the update and what countries. Also give us the option to have the se software versions as the other phones in the EU. I am fed up hearing that we have an inferior version because the UK operators want this and that. This is a sim free phone and should not fall with such software that has been restricted
Userlevel 1
@Danjl Just called them, they was un willing to help full stop. The lady on the phone when asked if they could push an IMEI in to the update list which is mentioned alot and in that thread, striaght away she said it she is not allowed to proccess any IMEI's due to the GDPR, so the whole phone call took just under 4 minute 30 seconds to be blown off with a lame excuse.

There is nothing and i mean nothing in the GDPR about IMEI that would of stopped an IMEI number being placed in the update list. I do have a call recording (Seems only fair, with you recording me).

I have been sticking up for you over the whole entinty list issue and boy don't i feel let down by you lot. Its a shame you have stopped allowing Bootloader Unlock codes else i would of unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom rom on it.

Guess i will not be suggesting any of your phones to anyone else from this day forth.
I check today, and I am still waiting xD

Userlevel 1
I check today, and I am still waiting xD

I get the same message but nothing via all update options
Userlevel 1
I took matters into my own hands, currently updating to 9.0.1.164. however I shouldn't been requiring to do this just to get firmware updates on a carrier free SIM free phone.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@solidus1983 , @Dave8 , Thanks for letting me know the advise from the support line differs from what we are saying on the community. I'll check to make sure the information on the community is correct.
Userlevel 1
Thanks @Danjl , the whole thing is a mess to be honest even using my knowledge to update has failed, so I guess it's either wait or return the phone back to where I purchased it because with the issues of security there has been some really serious android security issues as of late and not being able to update is putting the safety of our data at risk. The firmware is on your servers yet takes for ever to get pushed. I am not using a carrier phone I am using a SIM free unlocked, unbranded phone. So please please can you get the Info either correct or DM me the CEO's contact details so I can get to the bottom of it.
Userlevel 1
Support are not very supportive. I would be better off calling a random number and asking them for support
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Dave8 , sorry to hear this. If you want you can email the CEO directly here:

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo/
Userlevel 1
I took matters into my own hands, currently updating to 9.0.1.164. however I shouldn't been requiring to do this just to get firmware updates on a carrier free SIM free phone.

what did you to be able to update to android 9??
Userlevel 1
still waiting here lol

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/upgrade-plan/

this list shows upgrade by close of July 2019

after calling the unhelpful helpline i was told the update to pie is arriving by end of april
then end of may
then end of june
now its being said end of july...

god help us all 🙂
Userlevel 1
I asked a random guy on the street when I would get the update and he said he did not know. Was the most honest answer I have had about the update
Userlevel 1
I asked a random guy on the street when I would get the update and he said he did not know. Was the most honest answer I have had about the update

🙂 Made me chuckle
Userlevel 5
I returned my phone like I returned the Huawei watch GT, I will never buy another Huawei product, shocking customer service.
Userlevel 1
I returned my phone like I returned the Huawei watch GT, I will never buy another Huawei product, shocking customer service.

'watch' us all get an update at midnight tonight now 不不 sorry couldn't help myself 五五不不