Answered

mate 20 lite (sne-lx1) Emui 9.0

Show first post

100 replies

Userlevel 1
still waiting here lol

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/upgrade-plan/

this list shows upgrade by close of July 2019

after calling the unhelpful helpline i was told the update to pie is arriving by end of april
then end of may
then end of june
now its being said end of july...

god help us all 🙂
Userlevel 1
I asked a random guy on the street when I would get the update and he said he did not know. Was the most honest answer I have had about the update

🙂 Made me chuckle
Userlevel 1
I returned my phone like I returned the Huawei watch GT, I will never buy another Huawei product, shocking customer service.

'watch' us all get an update at midnight tonight now 🤣🤣 sorry couldn't help myself 🤭🤭🤣🤣
Userlevel 5

I returned my phone like I returned the Huawei watch GT, I will never buy another Huawei product, shocking customer service.'watch' us all get an update at midnight tonight now 🤣🤣 sorry couldn't help myself 🤭🤭🤣🤣

Wouldn't surprise me lol
Userlevel 1
Yer but then it will be never for the next update so he still doing the right thing
Someone has already received updates in the UK?
Userlevel 1
I am downloading the update now on C782 version via FF. No longer willing to wait 6 years for the update to reach me via official paths
Userlevel 5
I got in in UK this week also but what's funny is I am c432 not c782, c432 in the European version which should get updates quicker. This makes me think model number has nothing to do with it.
Are You using a 3rd party app to install it? I can't use FF as I have a virginmedia router and can't change dns
Userlevel 5
I am downloading the update now on C782 version via FF. No longer willing to wait 6 years for the update to reach me via official paths
How do you install via firmware finder? I am actually looking to go back to emui 8 as 9 runs crap on my phone and battery life is 20-30% worse.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Stevep1980

Are you waiting on a software update? If so, please contact the Hotline. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays).
Userlevel 1
Yer am on virgin and have the router in modem mode and using a 3rd party router for the rest
I can't do that, don't have a 3rd party router... Would love to find away to install the ROM manually
Userlevel 1

I am downloading the update now on C782 version via FF. No longer willing to wait 6 years for the update to reach me via official pathsHow do you install via firmware finder? I am actually looking to go back to emui 8 as 9 runs crap on my phone and battery life is 20-30% worse.

You can do a roll back via the Huawei pc app
Userlevel 1
I find it crazy that the update is on the server that i can get via a 3rd party app yet they wont push to us for another (insert years here)
Yup its ridiculous!!

Ive downloaded the zip manually do you know how I can install it without using FF?
Userlevel 1
No idea. sorry
Im following a guide to install manually... if I don't reply soon you know my phone is bricked ha
If some regions have the update, then we can find the update somewhere and do it manually. Right?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
They started by deploying EMUI9.1 on P20 Lite range, EMUI9.0 (EMUI9.1 in this case I think) is coming to the Mate 20 Lite in waves throughout June/July.

The easiest is asking to the EMUI team directly via Twitter or keeping an eye on their replies. Also depends on whether your device is locked/unlocked, unlocked get updates more regularly/faster.

To see if you have an update pending:

• Check on the system updater
  • Check via HiCare on the device
  • Check via HiSuite on PC

Userlevel 1
No. Please check back in 2045
They started by deploying EMUI9.1 on P20 Lite range, EMUI9.0 (EMUI9.1 in this case I think) is coming to the Mate 20 Lite in waves throughout June/July.

The easiest is asking to the EMUI team directly via Twitter or keeping an eye on their replies. Also depends on whether your device is locked/unlocked, unlocked get updates more regularly/faster.

To see if you have an update pending:

• Check on the system updater
  • Check via HiCare on the device
  • Check via HiSuite on PC

I tried all 3 methods but it says i am "up-to-date"
Its ridiculous that we are still waiting for the update. The phone was a great price and has great features but the update side of things is such a let down
Anyone having any joy?
Wen I check hi care it says phone and all apps are up to date
If I go on me and check for updates it says 9.1 etc etc but then when you click on it says it's up to date. It's so annoying
Userlevel 1
I've had mine from launch date and never received ANY update it came with Android 8 and never changed, I check every day, even though I've got it on auto update lol 🙂