Answered

mate 20 lite (sne-lx1) Emui 9.0

Userlevel 1
Will there be an Emui 9.0 update for this model of the mate 20 lite? or a beta program?
icon

Best answer by Amy 29 April 2019, 09:00

Hi @Stevep1980

Are you waiting on a software update? If so, please contact the Hotline. At the moment we can't give support on software updates on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hotline: 08000 886 700 Mon - Fri 09:00 - 21:00,Sat. 9:00~17:00 (Except bank holidays).
View original

100 replies

Userlevel 1
Still waiting myself m8 😞 so pissed off with Huawei to be fair, really expected them to compete with the likes of Samsung and Sony in reference to updates. Seems like they couldn't care less 😞
Userlevel 1
@Danjl Just called them, they was un willing to help full stop. The lady on the phone when asked if they could push an IMEI in to the update list which is mentioned alot and in that thread, striaght away she said it she is not allowed to proccess any IMEI's due to the GDPR, so the whole phone call took just under 4 minute 30 seconds to be blown off with a lame excuse.

There is nothing and i mean nothing in the GDPR about IMEI that would of stopped an IMEI number being placed in the update list. I do have a call recording (Seems only fair, with you recording me).

I have been sticking up for you over the whole entinty list issue and boy don't i feel let down by you lot. Its a shame you have stopped allowing Bootloader Unlock codes else i would of unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom rom on it.

Guess i will not be suggesting any of your phones to anyone else from this day forth.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
That's pretty much how updates are sent, yeah. The IMEIs are also chosen at random, so you might be first this month and last next month.

Usually those least interested in the updates will get them first and not even bother doing them, it's rather ironic😅
I send questions to support

Userlevel 1
I am not even waiting anymore, I have the phone for 6 months now and very soon I will swap to something else, I really don't feel that Huawei cares. I did not receive an update( not even one with a security patch ) from 1st March. They can't do it now, imagine later after they end everything with Google. So sorry that I bought a Huawei.
Userlevel 1
Hello,

I received a little earlier EMUI 9.0.1, so guys, there is hope 😂😂
Userlevel 1
I asked a random guy on the street when I would get the update and he said he did not know. Was the most honest answer I have had about the update
Userlevel 5
I returned my phone like I returned the Huawei watch GT, I will never buy another Huawei product, shocking customer service.
Userlevel 1

As you can see i am now on EMUI 9.0.1
Userlevel 1
Yeah. I got same email reply. It looks like Android Pie will never come to EU Mate 20 Lite or it would have been here by now.
Yup followed the link cheers, works great so far... It's alot smoother but haven't really had a chance to mess around with it yet
Userlevel 5
next day and still nothing. updates in the UK are some mockery :(

Your best bet is to just return or sell and put it down to a silly mistake.
Has anyone received the update for the mate 20 lite yet? im in the UK and still not got it, reeeeally want it 😂
I have just spoke to someone in Huawei and asked when the mate 20 lite will get the update, she said as it is done in batches it could take a while, so i asked roughly how long it would be if say my device was in the last batch of mate 20 lite's to receive the update, she says it would be estimated to be August, as first the flagship devices are recieving the update first.
Userlevel 1
I have just spoke to someone in Huawei and asked when the mate 20 lite will get the update, she said as it is done in batches it could take a while, so i asked roughly how long it would be if say my device was in the last batch of mate 20 lite's to receive the update, she says it would be estimated to be August, as first the flagship devices are recieving the update first.
Funny how they try to downplay the Mate 20 Lite as a 'non' flagship device then 🤭 Carphone Warehouse surely made it sound to be a flagship alright lol

Oh well just a case of waiting until August when our warranties are up and forced to upgrade our phones then 🤭😋🤣
Userlevel 1
Still nothing, I contacted Huawei via Hi Care and they asked for my serial number of the phone so they cand send it to the technical department to push the update faster, but it's already a week from then and nothing.
Userlevel 1
Its near end of July and still waiting in the UK lol oh well fuck this shit I'm getting a Nokia tomorrow 🙂
Good news y'all!

I got the update during the weekend 😃
Userlevel 1
I took matters into my own hands, currently updating to 9.0.1.164. however I shouldn't been requiring to do this just to get firmware updates on a carrier free SIM free phone.
Userlevel 1
Thanks @Danjl , the whole thing is a mess to be honest even using my knowledge to update has failed, so I guess it's either wait or return the phone back to where I purchased it because with the issues of security there has been some really serious android security issues as of late and not being able to update is putting the safety of our data at risk. The firmware is on your servers yet takes for ever to get pushed. I am not using a carrier phone I am using a SIM free unlocked, unbranded phone. So please please can you get the Info either correct or DM me the CEO's contact details so I can get to the bottom of it.
Userlevel 1
Support are not very supportive. I would be better off calling a random number and asking them for support
Userlevel 1
Just rang Huawei today and been told Mate 20 Lite will be receiving Android Pie by the end of May 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Dave8 , sorry to hear this. If you want you can email the CEO directly here:

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/email-the-ceo/
Userlevel 5
I contacted Huawei who were as much use as a chocolate tea pot

We are sorry to hear that you have not yet received the update. Please note that the update is released in batches, according to the IMEI numbers, randomly. We would advise that you wait it out, as not all models have received the update yet. Once the update is available for your phone, you'll receive an official system notification.
Userlevel 1
I took matters into my own hands, currently updating to 9.0.1.164. however I shouldn't been requiring to do this just to get firmware updates on a carrier free SIM free phone.

what did you to be able to update to android 9??