Mate 20 Pro just got a massive update. Loads of fixes and November and December Security patches. Good to see they are updating.

• 5 December 2018
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 3
Happy to see the quote from huawei that they will be doing better with updates and flagship phones will get 1 update a month. Pleased to say just got a massive update. And it seems to be rolling out everywhere all over the world on many networks

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-20-pro/help/updates-thread-t3861389/page16

@Amy I wish we would know about these before hand. Huawei need to do better with communicating and working with the community. I'm happy to see this is a nice update. Phone has been out 6 weeks ish and 2 good updates already. I'm pleased.

20 replies

I'm on Vodafone, mine not updated yet!! 😪 Soon I'm sure!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Not me but as we know it's a rolled out update.

Lots of bugs fixed it would appear.

Looking forward to the update.
Userlevel 3
I'm on Vodafone, mine not updated yet!! 😪 Soon I'm sure!Not me but as we know it's a rolled out update.

Hopefully soon as possible. I'm pleased they are updating hope they stick to it.
Userlevel 3
Not me but as we know it's a rolled out update.

Me too. Happy they are fixing things as promised. I'm on Vodafone UK hopefully ASAP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
To confirm my device last night didn't have update but this morning it did!

Mine is sim free dual sim model.

Userlevel 5
Badge
@DelBoyJamie are all the mate 20 pro model C432 or are they like the older devices which in the UK are C782.

If C432 then yes you should get the updates on a regular basis, but if there is a C782 model and users have this, then the updates will be non-existent.
Userlevel 3
@DelBoyJamie are all the mate 20 pro model C432 or are they like the older devices which in the UK are C782.

If C432 then yes you should get the updates on a regular basis, but if there is a C782 model and users have this, then the updates will be non-existent.

Not sure on huawei firmware finder seems there is a few models but I'm not sure, mine is the C432 model LYA-L09 in the UK
What do you mean older devices? C782? MYbe this is why I don't have the green screen issue on my LG screen mate 20 Pro if I have a newer version
Userlevel 5
Badge

Not sure on huawei firmware finder seems there is a few models but I'm not sure, mine is the C432 model LYA-L09 in the UK
What do you mean older devices? C782? MYbe this is why I don't have the green screen issue on my LG screen mate 20 Pro if I have a newer version

The Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro are both C782 models for 90%+ of UK users, these models do not get the same updates as the C432 models. The Mate 10 Pro (released Nov 2017) has only just received its first update in 6 months, the P20 Pro (release April 2018) has not had an update for 3 months with the CLT-L29 version not even down for the latest update which is available for the CLT-L09 version.
Userlevel 3

The Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro are both C782 models for 90%+ of UK users, these models do not get the same updates as the C432 models. The Mate 10 Pro (released Nov 2017) has only just received its first update in 6 months, the P20 Pro (release April 2018) has not had an update for 3 months with the CLT-L29 version not even down for the latest update which is available for the CLT-L09 version.

Well they said flagship models will get monthly updates. Not sure what they class as flagship. I have mate 20 Pro which is there top phone atm mine is C432 not sure about other phones. This was just about this phone. Hopefully yiu get updates soon soon too. They really should be doing it for all
Userlevel 5
Badge

Well they said flagship models will get monthly updates. Not sure what they class as flagship. I have mate 20 Pro which is there top phone atm mine is C432 not sure about other phones. This was just about this phone. Hopefully yiu get updates soon soon too. They really should be doing it for all

Both the Mate 10 Pro and P20 Pro are flagship devices unless they downgrade them when the next phone comes out, which means then if that is the case your Mate 20 Pro will no longer be a flagship device come April 2019 when the next phone is released and thus will not get the monthly updates.
Userlevel 3
Just got the update now Mate 20 Pro LYA-L09 C432 UK Vodafone 9.0.0.146, very happy

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Great news @DelBoyJamie. I'm with Vodafone (same model and make). Hopefully mine will come through soon!
Userlevel 3
Great news @DelBoyJamie. I'm with Vodafone (same model and make). Hopefully mine will come through soon!
Hopefully mate. I just got it 30min ago. I manually searched for update. Mate 20 Pro, LYA-L09, C432, UK Vodafone. Update is 9.0.0.146

Hope yiu get it too ASAP.
I'm on EE and I got it today as well.
My phone keeps showing me this when I am already connected to wifi. Can u help?

Userlevel 2
Chance would be a fine thing. Still waiting for news on replacement. 16 days and counting 😞
Userlevel 1
I am on 9.0.0.153 and still waiting for the January update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all!

Thank you for the kind words @DelBoyJamie, we are actively trying to listen to our users suggestions and feedback to provide a better experience overall in regards to our products and updates!

In regards to the few users that did not receive the Android 9 and EMUI 9 update yet, please be informed it might take a while to arrive due to the release of the updates in separate batches as the IMEI's are chosen randomly.
Also, depending if your device is SIM Free (not SIM locked) or locked in a certain network (branded) plays an important role when receiving the update.

Tip: Make sure to connect your device to the computer/laptop via HiSuite to check that in regards to the latest downloadable update available.
Moreover, please check on a regular basis in regards to the update if it's available or not by going to Settings > System > Software Update.

I trust this information is of assistance and shed a little light in regards to this! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Userlevel 1
I have checked via HiSuite and it says no update available.