Mate 9 emui 8 update in the uk

• Fearless Explorer
  • 7 replies
I have been waiting since February for the update to arrive in the UK and as of today have still not received the update to Oreo anybody have any ideas.

16 replies

Hi All,

My mate 9 is also stuck on:

Emui 5.0.1
Android version 7
Android security patch level 6 November 2017

Android 9 is landing on devices and considering the mate series is meant to be huawei's power house its a shame that software updates don't come to it. Yes I know that the mate 9 is 2 models old now, but I purchased it when it was just released and to be 2 complete new system today's behind is not very good.

I'm considering the mate 20 pro but will that mean in 2 years time it will still be on android 9??
My Play store app disappeared from home screen after update Android EMUI from v8 to v9.
I had to use APK to install Play store and didn't work, when tap it, there is error msg to retrieve play store info from server.

The Google Play services os pré installed
The Play store is not pre installed. How to install it?
I already tried several APK from other friends Huawei device users but no one worked.

device details:
Google Play Services: v17.5.26(100400_https://tel:251138211)
Mate9 pro Huawei MHA-AL00
building number 9.0.1.179 (C00E64R1P14)GPU TURBO
Android 9 , infineon balong-ril 1.0
Core: Kirin 960 , 8 core
440dpi density
Arm64-v8a : instruction set
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Mate9nightmare,

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting on this update. I moved your reply to this topic on the Mate9 update and I asked @Max to check out your direct message and check the update status for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Jos!

Sorry to hear about your phone's system update delays :(

If you would please be so kind as to send me the phone's IMEI and Build number in a private message, so I can check the update status? To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post and, in the new menu that appears, select "Send message". Please do not post either number on this discussion.

Looking forward to your reply!

Max
I have been waiting since February for the update to arrive in the UK and as of today have still not received the update to Oreo anybody have any ideas.

you' re not the first one to ask around :)

Please check out this topic
Userlevel 2
I'm also still waiting well fed up with the amount of time it takes to get updated not had a security patch since Nov last year. Next phone will be oneplus 6t.
Userlevel 2
I see the oneplus 6 is being updated to pie as from today wouldn't it be nice to get nougat on my mate 9
Userlevel 2
Is there any chance that my mate 9 will get updated from 5.1 to 8 only been waiting a year had no Google security updates either anyone in uk seen emui 8 yet?
I purchased a mate 9 from a three store just under a year ago and it hasn't had an update since. The lack of update is annoying but the thing that worries me is that the most recent android security patch Ievel k have is for November 2017!

Am I right in thinking this is a security risk as I use mobile banking etc? Is there anything I can do to get an update? I've contacted Huawei and three countless times and they just blame eachother.

MHA L09C432B198
Emui 5.0.1
Android version 7

I also messaged max with my IMEI 6 days ago but had no reply.
Hi,

I bought an unlocked Mate 9 from Three, in mid 2017. The last android security update is Nov 2017 and oreo update also hasnt reached my phone.

Huawei support , first said that my device is "modified" but couldnt show any evidence (and couldnt really explain what was modified). Then they said its locked to vodafone but couldnt show any evidence. Now they are saying - You just have to wait and it depends on network provider too.

If you call telephone tech support, they say "we do not have any information about updates on devices". Huawei Mobile UK twitter account say - I have to wait.

Is there anyone in this community who has a Mate 9 (MHA-L09) UK single sim + unlocked, received android security updates in 2018 and Oreo update ?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
To Huawei support and community managers,

Moving threads to DM is not answering the question.

1) Has huawei released any security update since November 2017 in the UK? (YEs/No)

1-A) If No, why.. are you never going to ? (If its a No, thats ok. Just say that)
1-B) If yes, why are our devices not receiving it ? ("It comes in batches" isnt good enough after 7-8 months.)

And same for Oreo update.
2) Has huawei released Oreo update for Mate 9 UK ? (YEs/No)

Your top end phones are not really cheap to get such level of support.
In my opinion, Huawei is never going to release anything after nov 2017 security update or OS update. Their hotline support people also dont know.Enough of this begging to Huawei for information.

Only answer from us should be - not buying huawei again. And get an android one device.
An update from me
Jut today I received the oreo update with sep 2018 security patch. So it's happening but slowly .
All,

My mate 9 is also stuck on:

Emui 5.0.1
Android version 7

Anyone figured out when the update will be coming or is it just my device?
Cracking work

Anyone else other than Harry received a software update as if yet?
An update from me
Jut today I received the oreo update with sep 2018 security patch. So it's happening but slowly .
Hi Jos!

Sorry to hear about your phone's system update delays :(

If you would please be so kind as to send me the phone's IMEI and Build number in a private message, so I can check the update status? To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post and, in the new menu that appears, select "Send message". Please do not post either number on this discussion.

Looking forward to your reply!

Max

Hi Max,
I am having the same issue, could you please check my details for update?
Thanks
Hagay