Answered

Media sound not working on Nova3i

• 9 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Media sound is not working on Nova3i. Sound not coming out of any of the apps such as spotify, YouTube and games.

What I did:
I restarted the phone multiple times, did not work.

Checked settings for sound, ringtone and alarm you can hear perfectly clear just not media

I repeated this proccess on restarting and checking sound settings, still no sound on the apps but somehow ringtone and alarm can be heard.

I had this phone for about 4 months, problem started today.

Is there anyway for me to fix this problem?
icon

Best answer by CharlieT 22 July 2019, 02:03

Hi @Vermelho28

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your phone's volume.
I would recommend you to try a backup and a factory reset and see how it goes further.
Regarding the backup setup, I would recommend you to check with our community link, regarding the the backup
To do a factory reset, follow these steps ( Bear in mind that a factory reset will delete all data on your internal storage ):
1. Make sure you know your Google Account details. If you are not sure, then remove it by going to:
Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Remove account
2. Power off the phone by pressing the power button for 3-5 seconds until the power off option appears on the screen. Select the Power Off option and wait for your device to fully shut down.
3. At the same time, press the power and volume up button and keep them pressed until you see the Huawei logo, then release them.
4. A three option menu will appear. Using the volume up & down buttons to navigate and the power button to choose, select the options in the following order:
Wipe Cache Partition -> Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Reboot System
After Reboot System, your device will restart and you will have to do the initial setup of the phone.
You could also remove the google account remotely :
Open the Google Chrome web browser and Go to the Google Account Login page. Click on the Security into the Google Account page and then find the Your Device Section. Click on the Manage Devices into the Your Device section. Select a Device which you want to remove and then Click on the Red Remove button.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T. 🤓
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue. May I ask whether you tried increasing the volume while using any of the apps you mentioned? Sometimes, volume can be lowered accidentally when using media apps such as Youtube and afterwards, this remains as the phone's volume setting for the app.

Please let us know if this has helped solve your issue.

Kind regards,
Max
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue. May I ask whether you tried increasing the volume while using any of the apps you mentioned? Sometimes, volume can be lowered accidentally when using media apps such as Youtube and afterwards, this remains as the phone's volume setting for the app.

Please let us know if this has helped solve your issue.

Kind regards,
Max

Hi Max,

Yes I have tried increasing the volume while using any of the apps that I have mentioned various times, unfortunately it does not solve my issue.

Regards,
Vermelho28
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi @Vermelho28

I'm sorry to hear that regarding your phone's volume.
I would recommend you to try a backup and a factory reset and see how it goes further.
Regarding the backup setup, I would recommend you to check with our community link, regarding the the backup
To do a factory reset, follow these steps ( Bear in mind that a factory reset will delete all data on your internal storage ):
1. Make sure you know your Google Account details. If you are not sure, then remove it by going to:
Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Remove account
2. Power off the phone by pressing the power button for 3-5 seconds until the power off option appears on the screen. Select the Power Off option and wait for your device to fully shut down.
3. At the same time, press the power and volume up button and keep them pressed until you see the Huawei logo, then release them.
4. A three option menu will appear. Using the volume up & down buttons to navigate and the power button to choose, select the options in the following order:
Wipe Cache Partition -> Wipe Data/Factory Reset -> Reboot System
After Reboot System, your device will restart and you will have to do the initial setup of the phone.
You could also remove the google account remotely :
Open the Google Chrome web browser and Go to the Google Account Login page. Click on the Security into the Google Account page and then find the Your Device Section. Click on the Manage Devices into the Your Device section. Select a Device which you want to remove and then Click on the Red Remove button.
Hope it helps.

Best,
Charlie T. 🤓