Question

Missing notifications sound on Mate 9 after software update to Android 9.01

• 15 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,
A couple of days ago I did a software update on my Mate 9, to Android 9.01.
Before the update, I had my bluetooth headphones connected to the phone and could still hear the bip sound for message notifications. Sadly, after the update to Android 9, the notification sound comes only through the headphones. That means that if I have my headphones connected in order to answer my calls and my cellphone is in my pocket or further away, I will never hear a message notification unless I WEAR my headphones all the time which is impossible.
This does not work for me nor my business.
Can I go back to the previous software which obviously worked better? Or, is there any way to work around this software bug?
I need a solution for this.
Thank you for the support,
Mario.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Mariokar!

We are sorry to hear about the situation which has prompted you to write to us.

Once the phone is paired with a Bluetooth headset, it is not possible for the sound of the phone to come out of the speaker, it will only sound in the headphones.

We also inform you that it is not possible to roll back to the previous software version.

We will send this as a suggestion to the proper department, so that they can take it into account for future updates and development.

If at any time you have any questions about our devices, do not hesitate to contact us, we are always happy to help customers.

Max