Answered

Music app and Android auto

• 17 February 2019
  • 5 replies

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 1 reply
Hi everyone,

New to Huawei.
In Android auto, Huawei music app does not show as an option.
I've deactivated Google Play Music.
The only choice I have is Spotify.

How to I get to the music I stored in the phone on AA?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Jase 19 February 2019, 16:07

Android auto only supports certain apps and Huawei's own music app isn't one of them unfortunately, you can find the list of the ones it does support in the play store. Best option is just to use Google's play music , it can access your phones stored music (you don't need a subscription to it if your just using your own stored music)

Regards Jase
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Android auto only supports certain apps and Huawei's own music app isn't one of them unfortunately, you can find the list of the ones it does support in the play store. Best option is just to use Google's play music , it can access your phones stored music (you don't need a subscription to it if your just using your own stored music)

Regards Jase
Thanks Jase,
Coming from a number of Sony Xperias, which has a great music app that is compatible, I took for granted that every phone brand had their own app compatible with AA.
So, Google Play Music et will be.

Thanks again
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Thanks Jase,
Coming from a number of Sony Xperias, which has a great music app that is compatible, I took for granted that every phone brand had their own app compatible with AA.
So, Google Play Music et will be.

Thanks again

Your welcome @olney
Yeah definitely,I thought that myself.
If you actually open the android auto app there's a link within it to the other apps that are compatible. All the usual suspects work, Amazon, Spotify etc.

Regards Jase
Hello, I tried Android auto with Google play music, but it cannot use multimedia buttons on the steering wheel and please mont don't lie. SDK for music and messaging is open for third party developers! With devices like Sony or Samsung there is no problem with this... And from other apps, there is only MD player, which has absolutely poor quality...
Userlevel 4
Badge
As you've not had a response yet we'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/