Answered

Notifications volume is missing - Huawei P20

• 3 October 2018
  • 56 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi there,
I just moved from a Samsung S8 to a P20.
I was looking to change the notifications volume in the settings, but apparently such setting is not present on this model, the ringtone and notifications volume are altogether and cannot be set up separately.

Have you got some sort of trick or way to enable the notifications volume to be changed alone without affecting the ringtone as well?

Thank you.
Best.
icon

Best answer by Jmé 4 October 2018, 19:06

Hi David,

I've had a good search right through the settings but unfortunately it does not appear to be a feature.
Lets hope this will be a feature for the next update for EMUI.

Jamie
View original

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey everyone!

We appreciate all of your feedback!

We'll let our developers know about the huge interest in this feature so it can be included in upcoming updates.

Meanwhile if you need any assistance, feel free to contact us!
Max
I recently bought an Huawei mate 20 pro and this the first phone i have had that have combined Ringer/Notification/System volume control. I can not understand why, this makes the phone almost useless. I either miss calls or disturbs people around me. Why would anyone want those volume setings combined?

There have been updates since this thread was started, but Huawei seems to have, either failed to implement this basic feature or they do not care.

3 part apps doesn't work either as the phone overrides the settings. Why?

Any news about implementing this feature if you would categories this as a feature, i think the absence of this would be categories as a bug.

Solve this problem asap.

I really consider to ditch the Huawei and NEWER buy a Huawei product again.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Max I'm interested in testing of you need a guinea pig
Hi @Vantage! Welcome to the Community. 🙂 I've labeled your comment for support. Let's hope your problem will be fixed soon!

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Amy

Actually, this is not his problem, it's your problem. If you not solve this stupid issue, you will lose many users.
Huawei should listen to his users and not ignore them.

P30 user!
Thanks for the update. I'm waiting anxiously for the feature.
@ClogPower Found it! Will give it a try. Thanks!
First of all this problem is NOT SOLVED! I have switched from using 3 models of Note phones to Mate 20 Pro, pay 1000e AND GET THIS???

I can't believe that my in app sounds depend on my ringtone volume??? It is anoying, and REALLY LOUD!!!

If only I can change phones to Samsung Note again...

FIX THIS don't send us generic responses...
Hi,
I had the same problem, but after some googling and found MP3Gain. Which changes the volume of the notification sound you want to use. I just downloaded mp3gain to my laptop, added the file to it, and lowered the volume, then put the sound on my phone.
Now my ringer is full volume and notification a lot quieter.
It doesn't take too long, and definitely worth it.
I have no doubt there are other apps that do the same thing, mp3gain Is just the first one I found .
When will this problem be resolved? Please send us feedback? My phone wakes me up in the middle of the night with notifications - messages from friends in other countries in different time zones!
Huawei don't care after you have purchased their products.
I will never buy huawei again.
Hi,
I had the same problem, but after some googling and found MP3Gain. Which changes the volume of the notification sound you want to use. I just downloaded mp3gain to my laptop, added the file to it, and lowered the volume, then put the sound on my phone.
Now my ringer is full volume and notification a lot quieter.
It doesn't take too long, and definitely worth it.
I have no doubt there are other apps that do the same thing, mp3gain Is just the first one I found .

Appreciate your suggestion Dave, thank you.

Personally I think a so called premium smart phone manufacturer should have addressed this issue months ago!!
ITS A SIMPLE FIX

They dont care or listen after they have your money.
Piss poor.
Do not buy huawei
Do not buy huawei
Do not buy huawei
Do not buy huawei

Samsung have this basic function on ALL THEIR PHONES.
Hi.

As many other users, i changed from a Samsung to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and despite of all this storm about Huawei getting away from Android, i can say that i'm very satisfied with the product.

But, nonetheless, this sound thing its totally unacceptable.

Everything as been said, and i have nothing to add about what problems this brings.

Just wanted to comment so you guys force this on the next update, ITS REALLY IMPORTANT.

Thank you.
hello,
i have Huawei mate 20x and cannot find where i can set the message volume, i came from galaxy s9 +, is there any option to increase or decrease the messages alerts volume?
After almost one year since this thread was started and till today no fix provided yet.

It is very disappointing to miss such basic requirement.
So we are 10 months in from this thread any you've got countless disappointed customers which now inlcludes me. I have just bought this phone and discovered this lack of a basic function. Are you actually going to do anything about it huawei???
I am P30 Pro user. Just changed from G6 and I must say the notification volume is a must...Without it I have to turn of ringer volume and miss many calls, or I have to listen to constant stream of dings and dongs from application, that could also wake me up in night. It is really annoying. Pleas roll this tiny update fast...
Hi All

Seems I've found an actual workaround/fix for this.

Go to Settings->Sounds->Notification (basically where you would change your notification tone). Then simply use your volume control. This allowed me to change just the notification tone volume.

Hope this helps a few others. Really frustrating one...
Tried. Failed. Unfortunately 😞
I've been a Samsung user for years and last week I switched to Huawei. I love the phone but I'm very close to exchanging it for Samsung S10 for the same reason, I'm unable to to silent my notifications and have my ringer in at the same time. This is an extremely important feature for me as I only have a cellphone like most people so I like to leave the ringer on at night for emergency while having my notifications on silent. Can anyone verify if this is even something Huawei will look into changing? If not, I have to return this phone. This is a reason why I never switched to IPhone, their ringer and notification are combined which I hated. This simple feature is a make it or break it for me.
Disgraceful isn't it.
Just installed the latest update....
Nothing.

It's unfortunate I didn't find out about this missing basic function before spending £500!

Huawei don't care about the customer.
Once they have your money.... Forget it.

Every review I find of huawei phones, I'm adding this to the comments.
@Max Thanks! Looking forward for the update.
Hi, I have a new p30 pro and I miss the notifications volume button. Iam very disappointed about this problem, it's a Standart function. now I have a mobil phone and can't use this a normal way. I hope Huawei will do something against this problem outerwise, this problem will go viral and Huawei get a shit storm for free. Do something!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello all!

Thanks for letting us know about your opinion on this!

We're here to collect feedback like this, so newer functions requested by users can be added in future patches and updates.

If you have any more observations, please let us know!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Same here. I really like my P20 pro, especially camera and battery. But if this won't be fixed I will be going back to Samsung. I keep my phone on silence because notification sound drives me crazy. This is ridiculous because I miss some phone calls or I can't find phone trying to ring on my own number. What a stupid idea.