Nova 3i - Getting too much problems after getting 9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)

• 17 June 2019
  • 27 replies

Hii! I am Pradyupan from India. Recently I has got an official software update {9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)} on Huawei Nova 3i and after updating I can't use my phone. Because -

1) Even pressing the home button sets the phone doesn't go the home page.
2) Screen rotation doesn't work
3) My phone is lagging too much and I can't use my phone because of lagging.

So irritating. Huawei pls fix the recent update. I was so happy with my phone. Also, I restart and reset my phone but I am not getting the good results. Please fix the bugs Huawei.

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
26 Aug 2019 #huawei #nova3i #latest #firmwareupdate v9.1.0.227 #August2019 #AndroidSecurityPatch

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello all!

We are sorry that you have such issues, we are doing our best to help you!

Please send me your serial number and build number is private message so I can escalate these cases in order to be solved by the technical team as quick as possible.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Has anyone gotten a consistent solution I've tried all the above and not working maybe a day or two then plays up again
Also having the exact same issues above why I chose to comment on this thread
Hi @lalitaphalak,

Thank you for your reply! I'm happy to read that your phone is now working normally. Please let us know if you are having any other issues, we are happy to help you! :)

Hi,

The issue I mentioned earlier keeps coming intermittently. After my last successfully solving issue till now it has occurred to me twice. Luckily that same workaround works for it. But this issue should have been fixed permanently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @lalitaphalak,

Thank you for your reply! I'm happy to read that your phone is now working normally. Please let us know if you are having any other issues, we are happy to help you! 🙂
Hi both,

Sorry to see that you are having these issues after the update. Please take a look at this thread and reset your device.

If the issues still persist after that please contact our support channels to get assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/ (UK) or https://consumer.huawei.com/en/worldwide/ (worldwide).

Hi Amy,

I was facing too many issues with my phone including phone was not giving screen having Turn Off and Restart buttons. Whenever I tried to shut down my phone it was getting restarted. So I just locked my screen and followed steps 1 & 2 from thread you shared. My phone got restarted again. I did this twice and on last restart I noticed that all of my phone issues are fixed and phone is behaving normally now.

I will have to see if this will be consistent or not. Will let you know after using it for few more days.

But this does not give any firm solution. And this is the worst experience I ever had with Huawei. Hopefully such things don't happen in future. 🙂
Forgot about Thank you 😃
It works for Real!
how did you find the solution?
Anyone who is facing such problems needs to do just one simple thing that is uninstall the dominos app and then reboot your device. Just do it once and thank me later😁
Resetting the device to factory settings did not solve the problem. By when can I expect the Software update from Huawei. Seriously this is very bad experience leaving out the customers hanging on Issues, that too with these many complains. I will make sure so none of my family and friends to buy Huawei phones in their life time.
Resetting the device to factory settings solves all the problems. Apps are closing, no lags, it works just like before. The only pain is to take up a backup and reinstalling everything else. Rest assured device works fine. Huawei won't be rolling any update soon. Although upon calling the customer care service numberz they will revert back in 3-4 working days and run a diagnostic test while you are on the phone and that might help otherwise for immediate solution just reset the device.
I am also from India. I am also facing multiple issue. Camera and all apps that I rely up on are lagging a lot.
I am also using the same version(9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)) of the Software in my Nova 3i phone.

When are you guys planning to send out a new update. Please send the previous Stable version as a new version until you make the actual next update at least. I do n't want to make the Back up and lose the data.

Please give us an option to Update to the stable version old/new.
I have been using Huawei Nova 3i for quite some time now. And with the latest software update, my phone has been become a electronic mass without proper functioning. It has been consuming lots of battery even on airplane mode!! I have like 70% battery the previous night and suddenly it comes down to 10% in the morning. The apps are hanging a lot, especially Instagram and whatsapp and what not! Fix the bug, my phone is new.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Exactly as mentioned by a and, 1 day ago i updated my system to 9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1) and soon after the system is lagging and battery is draining like a hell.
It is not allowing to close recent tabs which continues to run the background even after trying to close it. Even it doesn't closes after switching off and turning on.
Screen rotation is not working. Phone is lagging too much and I can't use my phone effectively.

I don't like to reset my phone.. Even after enquiring with my friends noted that post to reset still the system behaves with the same issue.

Kindly provide us with the alternate fix update or help us to remove the recent update

Doing this is NOT to reset your phone.. Have you tried using HiSuite to switch to earlier version of firmware that works for you before the present upgrade (that failed) for to rollback?.
Exactly as mentioned by a and, 1 day ago i updated my system to 9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1) and soon after the system is lagging and battery is draining like a hell.
It is not allowing to close recent tabs which continues to run the background even after trying to close it. Even it doesn't closes after switching off and turning on.
Screen rotation is not working. Phone is lagging too much and I can't use my phone effectively.

I don't like to reset my phone.. Even after enquiring with my friends noted that post to reset still the system behaves with the same issue.

Kindly provide us with the alternate fix update or help us to remove the recent update
Userlevel 2
Badge
If any of you have problems with your current version of firmware and wish to revert back to earlier firmware, you can do this..

1-- install HiSuite in your laptop or desktop, after that, enable HiSuite to connect to your smartphone.
2-- connect your smartphone to your desktop or laptop using the original Huawei USB connector.
3-- You can switch to earlier version of firmware for you to rollback.
4-- Hope this helps.

Today i received a notification for updating my Nova 3i to 9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1).
After the update my device is performing in such a poor way as if it was bought 5-6 years ago. It is not only a waste of the user's time and energy but it is also extremely annoying to use the device. Earlier it ran smoothly and swiftly.
1. It is continuously lagging.
2. The apps in the background just keeps getting accumulated and can't be cleared even after restarting the device.
3. Whatsapp just doesn't work and keeps hanging. Video call has become impossible. After a long black screen many times a dialogue box appears saying that whatsapp isn't responding.
4. Auto rotation doesn't work.
5. Resetting the device isn't of any help.
6. Touch lags and the home button doesn't works many a times.
7. No app can be updated and installed from the play store, after 99% completion the process just stops.
It is my humblest of request to the Huawei community to look into the matter and release a patch, update or rollback system to the previous stable version as soon as possible.
I am having the same issue after update Nova 3i. Please fix all the issues and release either a patch or update.
Hii! I am Pradyupan from India. Recently I has got an official software update {9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)} on Huawei Nova 3i and after updating I can't use my phone. Because -

1) Even pressing the home button sets the phone doesn't go the home page.
2) Screen rotation doesn't work
3) My phone is lagging too much and I can't use my phone because of lagging.

So irritating. Huawei pls fix the recent update. I was so happy with my phone. Also, I restart and reset my phone but I am not getting the good results. Please fix the bugs Huawei.
Will there be any solution for it? Device is performing terribly bad.

Hi @Tanmay,

I moved your question here. Looks like you are having the same issues as @Pradyupan.
He copied mine question πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Same pain, same issue, similar questions
Hii! I am from India. Recently I has got an official software update {9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)} on Huawei Nova 3i and after updating I am facing issues with the phone-

1) Phone is lagging a lot.
2) Even if I close apps, they appear running im background.
3)Even pressing the home button the phone doesn't go the home page.
4) All apps are lagging.
5) Finger print sensor is enabled but after the update its irritating. Prompts for login anytime, anywhere.
6) Reboot done multiple times but no update.Observed that post reboot all installed Google apps disappear for 10-15 mins.

The performance was extremely smooth until this update but since update yesterday its so irritating. Huawei pls fix the recent update. I was so happy with my phone. Also, I restart and reset my phone but I am not getting the good results. Please fix the bugs Huawei.

Bro, there are several bugs in this recent update. Huawei please solve these bugs.
Hi @Tanmay,

I moved your question here. Looks like you are having the same issues as @Pradyupan.

He copied mine question πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Tanmay,

Hii! I am from India. Recently I has got an official software update {9.0.1.171(C675E2R1P1)} on Huawei Nova 3i and after updating I am facing issues with the phone-

1) Phone is lagging a lot.
2) Even if I close apps, they appear running im background.
3)Even pressing the home button the phone doesn't go the home page.
4) All apps are lagging.
5) Finger print sensor is enabled but after the update its irritating. Prompts for login anytime, anywhere.
6) Reboot done multiple times but no update.Observed that post reboot all installed Google apps disappear for 10-15 mins.

The performance was extremely smooth until this update but since update yesterday its so irritating. Huawei pls fix the recent update. I was so happy with my phone. Also, I restart and reset my phone but I am not getting the good results. Please fix the bugs Huawei.