P10 (plus) software updates

Userlevel 3
  • Fearless Explorer
  • 5 replies
Has anyone received the Oreo update.
Im beginning to think it's never getting rolled out, considering i was told in April it's pending for my device and it may take a few weeks (20weeks and counting is not a few) especially since I've never received a security update since Feb 2017

Honestly don't think I'll ever own a Huawei device again

This topic has been closed for comments

152 replies

Userlevel 2
Having the same problem with my Mate 9 have contacted Huawei lots of times over the last few months and been told the same thing over and over again IT WILL BE UPDATED BUT CAN'T SAY WHEN. Haven't had an update since November last year so there must be loads of Google security updates I've missed out on. Next phone will be oneplus. Shame cos I love the Mate 9.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Dave and Jos,

What are you looking for from Oreo update? Have you not had any updates to your phones?

I am running here in the UK:-

P10 - on EMUI 5.1 - Current version VTR-L09C432B162
P10MatePro - on EMUI 8.0.0 - Current version BLA-L09 8.0.0.132(C782)

One thing I do see, hear and notice is that so many people keep saying about the Android updates and get fed up that they believe they are not getting them.

(Apologies if you knew/know this already but) To many they feel Huawei are leaving them behind but didn't realise that Huawei take these Android releases, add some features and functions to tie with their Kirin Chips and this overlay of updates, become the latest EMUI offering.

Do you both know what EMUI and Current Version you both are on?
Userlevel 2
Yes 5.1 not too bothered about EMUI 8 just want security updates from Google
Userlevel 3
Ive not had a security patch update since Feb 2017 how is that ok,. Still on original build number.
And to see the improvements 8 brings is frustrating to have them.
Userlevel 3
Yeah I realise Huawei add overlays to Google's software, my problem is it was pending for my device in April it's now September still nothing. Its not the way to keep customers/users. In a ever changing technology world.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yes 5.1 not too bothered about EMUI 8 just want security updates from Google
As I understand it Jos, the security updates are via App's and they update automatlically when the App updates plus, the Huawei inbuilt security I am again told, is at a higher level that what Google offers. I will see if I can et any more information for you.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Ive not had a security patch update since Feb 2017 how is that ok,. Still on original build number.
And to see the improvements 8 brings is frustrating to have them.

Dave - I'm not sure where you are but when did you last an update? Can you share what EMUI and Current Version you are on? @Max maybe able to say if there is a bug or something on your phone based on your EMUI and Current Version number if you can share
Userlevel 5
Badge
Yeah I realise Huawei add overlays to Google's software, my problem is it was pending for my device in April it's now September still nothing. Its not the way to keep customers/users. In a ever changing technology world.

Dave - hence why in my previous comment, if you can say what the make/model is with the EMUI and Current Version numbers, then maybe we can all see what help we can get you
Userlevel 3
P10
Emui 5.1.
Vtr-L09C432B113

never had a software update
Im in England and the phones certificate is Serbia bought device through 02
Userlevel 5
Badge
P10
Emui 5.1.
Vtr-L09C432B113

never had a software update
Im in England and the phones certificate is Serbia bought device through 02

Hi Dave - ok, maybe this will help @Max or someone one. Apologies if you know about this, but have you gone into Settings and to the bottom to System Update and run a check?

As I have had my phone since November and had 2 or 3 updates since then
Userlevel 3
Yeah I do that every couple of days,
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi Dave!

In response to your query, we need you to provide us in a private message with the IMEI number(Settings > About the phone) and the build number(Settings > About the phone) of the device, to check if you have any updates available.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.:D

Julian
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi Dave!

In response to your query, we need you to provide us in a private message with the IMEI number(Settings > About the phone) and the build number(Settings > About the phone) of the device, to check if you have any updates available.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.:D

Julian

Great to you jumping in here @Julian 👍
Hi,
My P10 lite is on LX1AC432B123
Android security patch NOV 2017
Phone update always says none available
I don't care about emui, I just want the latest security updates
Userlevel 3
Im not holding out much hope for my p20, if you guys have had the same response dating back months.
Clearly the Devs are lying to support who in turn lie to us.đŸ˜ 
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've just shared an article that was released today (3rd October 2018) that you find helpful on this subject:-

https://uk.community.huawei.com/software-17/security-updates-434
My P10 Plus has stuck on emui5.1 for one year and did not receive any official updates. How can I update the system manully? The type is VKY-L09C432.
Userlevel 3
this is huawei keeping you secure as they say they just keep spitting out phones
never update .. to be secure buy a new huawei every six months
P10 Plus was left behind period. No updates in UK no nothing! Expensive gear with no support. Fortunately I've a pixel aswell...
I am stuck on 5.1 with Android security update July 2017. I have been on the chat 3 times and given my details. Still waiting. Is there something wrong with these phones. There are lots of posts on the same subject.
Userlevel 3
Am thinking the real only way if want update is get a bootloader key which theres many sites sell and update
or sell the phone and put money for a new one .. buy another brand that updates and dont tell lies about the updates

seems after a few months release of a phone they just dont care about older models
I have a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It is on Oreo and is bang upto date with the latest security patch. I like the Huawei P10 very much. I had the P9 which was the same when it came to updates. It can't be the phone. I have done a factory reset 3 times in the last month. Still nothing. I was told by 2 people that they would get the development team to push the update but nothing has come through. The last person said to ring the help line to arrange to send the phone in for update. I might try that.
Userlevel 3
The Huawei Roadabout least you never paid to get on the ride its shocking why the cant push update ..
would be wonderful if they can setup a dns server that we can change on router or mobile then run
hisuite but not even a simple thing like that

as hisuite has nothing to do with uk servers strange it cant be pushed via that
Hi,

Is the p10 going to receive the 8.0 update? I've seen on YouTube people have it and apparently it was released in march?

Thanks!
According to some sites there have been three updates (security and oreo) for the P10 in 2018 and I haven't received a single one. What is going on? Is there a bug in the Huawei update process?