P20 and P20 pro EMUI Desktop mode

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Huawei Wonder
  • 290 replies
Did you know the P20 and P20 Pro have a desktop mode which is perfect for when you want to connect your phone to a TV or monitor? Did you also know that unlike other manufacturers you don't need to spend £100 on a dock to get this mode working? This is quite handy if you want to get some work done or simply browse the web on a larger screen - and best of all, everything you need is already built into the phone, the only accessory you need is a USB-C to HDMI cable which can be picked up quite cheaply online.

How to connect your Phone to your TV
Once you've got the adapter all you need to do is connect one end to your phone and the other to an HDMI cable which is connected to your TV.

The phone will then automatically boot up into desktop mode which kinda looks like a basic version of Windows, giving you full access to all the files and apps on your phone.

Some of these adapters even have USB inputs which allow you to also connect up a mouse and keyboard or you could always use Bluetooth and connect to the phone directly, this is incredibly handy for things like word processing. If you don't have access to a mouse or keyboard then don't worry, when in desktop mode the P20 and P20 pro can even be used as a trackpad and for character input!

7 replies

can i do this with p20light?
Userlevel 3
i ordered from gearbest 3 in 1 Type-C HDMI USB 3.0 Hub Adapter 4K under a tenner to try
link = 3 in 1 Type-C HDMI USB 3.0 Hub Adapter 4K UHD 5Gbps Fast Transmission
That's some fine and handy info there, thanks @Tony
can i do this with p20light? or will this work with my phone .also my phone bought in uk and one sim ,how can i chuse 2 sim if possible .
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
tariq007 wrote:

can i do this with p20light? or will this work with my phone .also my phone bought in uk and one sim ,how can i chuse 2 sim if possible .

Hi Tariq, unfortunately the only P-series phones to feature EMUI Desktop are the P20 and P20 Pro.
Userlevel 3
@Tony wondering if its hardware based or software amsure someone will try port it over if software
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Also available on the mate 10 pro and brobably the incoming mate20 pro.

The mate 20 lite can send directly to TV via WiFi.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings