Question

P20 PRO .152 & .156 updates

Show first post

138 replies

I got a CLT L09 running 9.0.0.168 been in touch with Huawei and there rolling out a update and should receive one soon
Userlevel 2
You could call them any given day and say you're on any version available and they would tell you the exact same thing. That's why so many customers are taking issue with them. Bad enough them being so slow but to get no real info aswell
You could call them any given day and say you're on any version available and they would tell you the exact same thing. That's why so many customers are taking issue with them. Bad enough them being so slow but to get no real info aswell
Yer that's true they slow with security updates for sure
Current security patch will soon be 6 months old !!
Looks like the next update is inbound - The following firmware has leaked.
"Charlotte-L09C 9.0.0.243(C782E5R1P9) Date: 10-04-2019"

Probably March security updates, and given the usual delay from firmware being leaked to officially released, I'm going to speculate we'll receive this in May.....perhaps.
Got update yesterday now on 9.0.0.255 with 1st April 2019 security patch. It's a shame, but I just get the feeling they released this while they still could?
Userlevel 4
Badge
We are sorry, unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. We'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Yep, it's a robot :-)

Userlevel 1
We are sorry, unfortunately the community do not seem to have an answer for your query. We'd suggest you reach out to our official support channels here https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
The official support channels may as well not exist, the support is terrible. I was told on April 12th that my phone would soon receive a security update. Well guess what, I'm still on the December update.

Also contacted support because my 50gb cloud subscription stopped and when I tried to purchase again it wouldn't authorise. Tried so many times and every time get a 'this is a high-risk transaction, contact support' message. I'd get more support talking to a garden gnome, but I don't have any 😂. I'm trying to pay through the Huawei in app purchase portal and can't because its high-risk!? I've tried live chat, they said they've passed the info onto the relevent department, heard nothing. Tried via email, they gave another link because of data protection which is fair enough but that didn't work, left all the required info and had no response. Tried twitter, they never reply.

I was loving being a Huawei customer but now regret ever signing up to this brand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Yep, it's a robot :-)

Sorry for the robot-comments in the threads! And sorry for the lack of support but on the community we focus on getting guidance from fellow community members. Some questions on the community can’t easily be answered by the community members. Thats why we started to redirect you to our official support channels, to speed up getting your issues resolved.
All these updates, that don't address anything that the users actually asked for.

I.e fixed selfie camera, hdr on the selfie camera, turn off beautifying etc.

Instead they locked down the phone even further (no 2.0 api camera access) so that we cant create our own camera software. Literally no one asked for "Dear Huawei, can you please lock down my phone even further".

I think this is my first and last Huwaei phone. I cant believe I've paid 800 for this.