Question

P20 Pro Dual Sim (CLT-L29) v Single Sim (CLT-L09) Updates

• 6 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy why has the single sim model received a firmware update to CLT-L09 8.1.0.159(C782) while the dual sim version is still on CLT-L29 8.1.0.134(C782)

Is it going to be like our mate 10 pro, where after the first 2 updates we don't get another for 6 months?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
I have the CLT-L09 8.1.0.159(C782) model and no update as of yet. There are 2 updates on firmware finder but still not available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Heya @walkerx,

I'll ask the support team if they have any info on this.
Userlevel 5
Badge

I have the CLT-L09 8.1.0.159(C782) model and no update as of yet. There are 2 updates on firmware finder but still not available.
Yours is the single sim version and thus has the 159 update, which is not available for the CLT-L29 model which is still stuck on 134.

Heya @walkerx,

Thanks @Amy this is why I've had to switch to the Pixel 3 XL as my main device due to the lack of updates on this device, the fixes implemented in the later versions have not been received by CLT-L29 model so in effect we are still using a device that is defective and thus in breach of the CRA 2015.

Can you not force a rebrand off the device from C782 to C432 so we get the updates
Userlevel 4

Yours is the single sim version and thus has the 159 update, which is not available for the CLT-L29 model which is still stuck on 134.

Heya @walkerx,

Thanks @Amy this is why I've had to switch to the Pixel 3 XL as my main device due to the lack of updates on this device, the fixes implemented in the later versions have not been received by CLT-L29 model so in effect we are still using a device that is defective and thus in breach of the CRA 2015.

Can you not force a rebrand off the device from C782 to C432 so we get the updates

This would solve issues for many posters here (and give @Amy some peace and quiet) - is it possible?